THE BEST NEWBIE AEG

HaVoC

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not yet seen a review on it whilst prying through this thread so I will ask those of you who have been around the block your opinion. On my birthday I bought a Crosman P-50. It is solid all around, good accuracy and such. Though I find it some what lacking n the ability to compete with my friends who all have automatics (MP5s and such). I am giving serious consideration to purchasing a P90. It seems to be what I am looking for in a gun. Would you recommend it? I would appreciate any positives and negatives you could give me. Thanks!

I believe Crosman rifles and pistols aren't airsoft, and are over the 1 joule limit. That would be why you haven't seen a review.

I would certainly recommend a P90 over a Crosman for shooting people, yes :huh:

Arggh. I'm having a hard time choosing. None of the options seem really great without buying a few upgrades, etc. Everything i've read says the AK's are great airsoft weapons. Accuracy, ROF, Battery options. I can't quite get over the cheesy fake wood or the terrorist look :P . ICS MP5 A4 looks great , except maybe to compact.. for some range shooting. Unless putting a silencer on lengthens the barrel? Eh all my problems would be taken care of if there were an m14 out priced alright. Appears theres going to be one but priced kind of steep for a poor man eh ;\.

I dont think an AEG is a good noob gun. The best Noob gun is the UHC mp5. I have had it for over a year and its awsome. After you have that for a while and you really get into airsoft, then get an aeg.

Here is a picture of my mp5. I duck taped a lazer to it and made a sling out of a shoe lace, kind of getto but hey, it works

Please read the title of the thread before you post.
  • 3 weeks later...

i would say FA-MAS

-versatile, can be used for sniping, CQC, ect...

-upgradeable, has a fairly large amount of upgrades

-accurate, one of the most accurate guns i have fired

-different, most people have m-16's and stuff, most people dont have FA-MAS's

-easy to use, when i got mine it was fairly simple to use

• 1 month later...

Im gonna have to say the AK47 spetsnaz i used one for my first game the things that make it so great are

Good points

. smg but has a full stock

. decent range and accuracy

. can be held above bushes or cover to fire when pinned

. 600 round high caps

. RIS on bottom for torch laser or small moscart

Bad points

. ugly mf

. cannot use sights with mask on

. Can be heavy

. Sod to lie prone with (cos of mags)

:offtopic:

not wanting to go off to much I'm heading towards buying a M15A4 as my second weapon and wanted to quickly ask if its ok to keep rifles in the box they come in and just use my carry case to... well carry them to a game sorry :blush:

ps my first gun was a AK47 full stock and its great

• 2 weeks later...

Tef, thats to work out how long to charge the battery for, not how long it will last once fully charged.

Such a calculation is very dependant on many different things, like the abient temperature, whether you fire in semi more than auto etc. But as a guide line use about 1.5 shots to every 1 MaH, so a 600MaH battery (the smallest) will give you about 900 shots (give or take) and the largest 3300MaH (or largest commonly seen) will provide you with about 4950 rounds (give or take) but you really need to find out how how shoot, and go to a couple of skirmishes and then you find out how long your batteries will last.

Adam

I most definitely would recommend the AK as a first gun, namely because it is extremely durable (I've dropped mine more than once), accurate, and for the extreme hi-caps (600 rounds of wholesome AK goodness  :D  )

Contrary to popular belief, the AK isn't insanely long (M16a1/a2 come to mind), it's just slightly longer than an M4 with the stock fully extended

hmmmm... bb's? i mean plenty of themmm :)

My thoughts on stock starter guns.

Though I'm not much in the way a big Kalashnikov fan the most n00b proof gun I've come across thus far has to be the TM AK-47.

Built solidly with just about nothing to break on it, for the newbies the hi-caps are pretty much bottomless, big battery straight away no mods needed, the fire selector could not be simpler and it's one of the most accurate out of the box AEGs I've come across (first time out with one I shot someone in the foot from 20 meters because it was the only part of him I could see.).

Logistics wise it's also pretty sensible given you can get those mags into most vest pouches (assuming you need more than one).

Smaller gun? Beta Spetz. Despite the fact that it doesn't have a real steel counterpart it's a superb little AEG with just about everything good about it's bigger brother in a smaller package.

Smaller Still? P90 PDW provided you track down your mag pouches first. And then somehow convince the hicaps to work reliably. But it's a good solid little gun but if you've got big hands like myself you might just want to look at the MP5K-PDW or Uzi.

How the P90 ergonomics are to you depends on how big your hands are and how you prefer to shoot. I shoot elbows tucked and tight which the P90's grip-to-frame angle doesn't really encourage. Also it feels rather too small in my hands. However the more you shoot what you have the more comfortable you'll be with it. Unless you've got 1 arm and 3 fingers Your body will adapt.

There are exceptions to the rule of course. And to this day it still entertains me to see sub 5-footers shooting desert eagles.

What is the point of this thread?

Might as well start a "what is the best flavour crisps?" thread..... :blink:

No noobie (and I include myself in that pigeon hole) can read this and be any better for it in the end.......I just did.......and I'm not........

But seeing as I'm here, IMHO the Tokyo Marui Cheese and Onion Rifle with Garlic Bullets roxxors am teh bezt gun by far!!!!! 11111oneoneoneoneoene

hee hee hee..........

god i'm bored.........

Well my first gun was a G36C with and 8.4 volt battery and 2 hi-cap mags, i still run this gun, it still work as good as the day i got it and i feel it is a good starters gun.

Also good for first guns i would say are, the M4 series, the MC-51, any MP5 (except maybe the MP5K), any AK, a FAMAS, or an M-16.

Archived