THE BEST NEWBIE AEG

HaVoC

I'd say pretty much any gun.

If someone chooses an AK47 over a G36c simply because the AK47 is "a better newbie gun", even though they really wanted a G36c, then isn't that a bit silly?

Ok, some guns maybe easier for newer players, for example: AK47 large hi-cap takes large batteries, pretty damn strong. However they should buy the gun they like, not buy a gun because it's going to be slightly easier for them to use, or a bit cheaper.

These things cost money, so buy what you like not whats easiest.

Most people say ah new players don't want a gun with mini batteries so get "x" gun instead, but why?

Ok if the player is on a tight budget it maybe more practical, but if they're not then why not?

When i bought my first gun, i bought it because i liked it, not because it was a good beginner gun.

Obviously there are some exceptions to this, like if a beginner wants, say a TOP gun, which may have maintenance problems, but if they have the money and are mechanically inclined, then why not?

Note: I'm not having a go, i'm just saying how i feel :)

Am i alone on this one? (i feel i may be)

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FAMAS - i've not skirmished with them, but the one i have held was horrible, plasticy, and with nasty "ribbed for your pleasure" handgrips!

This opinion will change, when you played with one ;) Good for CQB and according to the insane ROF also good as support weapon .... one of this 1000 BBs per minute MUST hit the target :D

AUG is also a very good weapon with a very quick take down solution, sturdy version 3 gearbox and a long inner barrel....though I don´t like the style :D

AUG is more comfortable to small, tiny hands :D

G36c

Maybe I'm just imagining it, but it seems to me like it is slightly more powerful than other marui stock guns, also, what seems to be a very fast rate of fire (is this the eg1000 at work)

After seeing my friends, nearly all owners of anything anti-g36c gawp and sigh in awe of my h&k wonder - wonderful quality, cool mag clicky-together thing system, ergonomics heaven etc... I see no reason not to buy a g36c - hell, the cost of two mini batts for it is the same as a decent large batt!

Easy Choice mate! :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I love how the P90 looks, but it feels weird in my hands. My team mate thnks it's the dogs dangly bits, however.

I beleive the term used was "Daschhunds dingaling" :P

for a first gun, I cant really recomend anything other than the glock 19/23f. I bought an 18 as my first gun because i thought the 19 was too small in my hands. haveing actually used one of Ghost_riders at AG in the WA vs everyone else game, i know now what to replaice my ailing 18 with when it finally dies for good...

A desert Eagle :P

• 3 weeks later...

Well it may not be an AEG, but...

In my humble and personal opinion, the KSC/KWA/HFC Mac-11 makes a fine first airsoft gun. The spring locks on the magazine for easier loading, the gas fill nozzle is virtually perfect with extremely little spill, it takes more powerful gases out of the box, and spare magazines are cheap. ($35). Oh, and it'll only run you about half the cost of a new AEG.

And of course there's the inherent fun-factor of firing the Mac-11.

The only downside (for noobies) is that it's a gas gun.

And of course there's the inherent fun-factor of firing the Mac-11.

The only downside (for noobies) is that it's a gas gun.

I don't see how that's a downside, aside from having to purchase gas. I find that GBB's are more fun to shoot than AEG's. Now, if companies start making AEG's w/ blowback and hard kick, that would be the cat's pajamas. :)

I don't see how that's a downside, aside from having to purchase gas. I find that GBB's are more fun to shoot than AEG's. Now, if companies start making AEG's w/ blowback and hard kick, that would be the cat's pajamas. :)

Well the reason gas a downside for a newbie gun is that GBBs require more maintenance to function reliably. They really need to be clean and properly lubricated. This is especially true with the KSC/KWA M11s.

i Have 4 guns in mind

TM AK47...awsome Gun...we like to refer to it as the Peace Maker in our Skirmishes. Super accurate compared to many of The AEGs ive Fired

CA\TM G36C...Very solid and Balanced pretty well considering theres a weightless folding stock on the rear end of it Pretty accurate and Awsome hi cap...no whirs or jams...go go go

CA MP5...Metal body means hard for newbie to break...Moderatly accurate...small...durable...and well priced

GUN FOR NEWBIE NOT TO BUY

CA M15a4......hey what newbie isnt gonna say I want to be like the CTs from CS Uber Sweet W00tageable Pwning...DIE NEWBIE DIE...

nm....that last gun is a pain in the *albartroth*...really...reliable once youve bought a new airnozzle, Magazines,

Accurate once youve bough a tightbore......m15a4...you ahd so much potential...hope that helped

For a beginner's AEG, I would recommend the AK47 beta spetsnaz. I have one, it's the only AEG I have ever owned and it suits me perfectly. It's small, light, has a great rate of fire, and is really robust; the first time it's ever needed anything fixed was when she jammed recently at a skirmish and stripped a gear, but that was after six months of very regular use including three skirmishes in very hot weather so she's taken a lot of abuse without complaint. I also recently found out that it's rather nice with a vertical foregrip, if you like that sort of thing. :D

True. Why else would it be mentioned every time somebody asks what the best n00b gun is? The Famas is a wonderful weapon to start with. Small enough for CQB, long enough barrel for woodland. And it has a great ROF (rate of fire).

As for guns NOT recommended to newbs, I'm going to agree about the M15a4. It is the best AEG I have ever owned. However, if you have never owned an AEG, it is by far the worst thing to start with. I'm not going into the whole thing, lets just say, I was much better off getting an MP5 as my first.

Which brings me to the MP5K. Most newbs have a low budget. The MP5K means you get a Marui product, that actually has some decent range and accuracy (seriously, you'd be surprized), and more importantly, you will never regret buying it. No matter how many Airsofts you have, the MP5K will always have a place on the shelf. That and there are more accessories for it than there are for Barbie. I'd say start with the PDW, so you have the option of a stock. If you REALLY need a longer barrel, put a silencer on it, and lengthen the inner barrel. It will have the range of a full size MP5 (or better), and look SOOO much cooler. Which brings me to my final point. It is unique. You don't see one in every BHD wannabe's hands.

Aaron

<_<

*heads up, incoming rather long post*

well i think that the ca version of the armalite m4a1 folding stock is a nice buy,

and heres my reasoning:

-=good points=-

--=+ m4's are what i seem to think as one of the most customisable guns in the world, theres just an unbelivable amount of peices that willl be so eisly attached to it and upgrades are simple as pie...

--=+ although the first version of the ca m4 was a complete dissapointment, the newer versions are said 2 b a lot mor stable, (according to a reviev by arnie himself!!!) the main offenders (being the stock, and foregrip) have been made with a new material, and are very strong, and the foregrip hase been changed completely, from being said fo fall apart too eisly, is now rock hard.

--=+ the mags come in all different capasitys, from 30 to 300, (im not going to bother with drum mags as N0oBs dont rely need them, their expencive and rattle like hell), anyways you dont need more than a few mid caps per round unless your laying down cover fire against the whole of russia....

--=+ iv heard that the armalite m4 from ca is solid, and can take a real beating, in fact i think it was arnie that sait he clamped the flash supressor in a vice and hung it horizontly acroos his room so no barrel wobble complaints these days...

--=+ they come with a high-cap mag, and are like an upgraded tm m4 with no barrel wobble and a nice metal reciever straight out of the box!

-=Problems:=-

--=+ i know past reputation of the first relese was very poor and can put people off buying these, and they are rather expencive, but i think its woth it if your think of getting into is seriously...

...infact even thought i dont like to label myself as a noob, iv never had a decent aeg, only a couple of cheap cyma's, and have only played in 2 airsoft scrims, up my m8's shooting feild, but im currently saving up for one of these babys, as i thnk it will last me until im a little more experienced, and i can always upgrade and add more, because their so customisable,

Get an ICS M4/16. Guaranteed to last you years and doesn't require upgrades or rapage. IMO Since it's 85% metal you won't worry about breaking it like most plastics do.

And you won't need to say: Oh I'm no longer a newbie so I MUST get another gun... Because your ICS M4 is a bloody good one to start with!

Note: I don't think anyone is a newbie unless they think:

They MUST upgrade their guns in order to play well, this is not paintball.

Money makes you a better player.

N00bs:

Insecure little brats with too much of their parents' money and attention, out to hurt others with their toy guns at a public site on a sunday, when they should be doing the dishes, cutting the grass and general chores for mummy.... Cleaning chimneys, clearing landmines, squishing grapes, working in a slaughter house... that sort of thing. Kids these days.

:lol: :lol:

Any Tokyo Marui airsoft rifle, with a few exceptions, are great starters guns. however, I do suggest staying away from the psg1 and aramlites if you want to save some money.

Personally, I own a famas. ROF is nice, put in a spring and had a very noticbale increase in accuracy. I have fallen with it, rammed into tress with it, batted it against trees, and its still coming on strong.

People I need to know

im dying here

Which one is better a TM M14 or a G&G M14

the idea of a largely metal aeg which comes with a hicap, and its in black means i would purchase the G&G version, however TM are famous for their quality weaponry and im not sure whether i should sacrifice the metal high powered G&G in the hope that TM have got it right

somebody tell me please!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived