THE BEST NEWBIE AEG

HaVoC

How awkward are the G36 mags? For instance, I've got a Web-Tex assault vest; will the mags fit? Looks like I should be able to fit clipped mags in the undivided mag pouches, but individual mags in the three-hole pouches...?

Apparently not - someone at CSW has the same vest, and had to remove the dividers.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I have to say the FA-MAS is the best choice for anyone, let alone newbies. So many people blam it but they really haven't used one. Yes i will admit that it is a little plasticy but that wears away within a few games. Yes it does creak in the foregirp but it is easily fixed with electrical tape or a small piece of wood or plastic.

It is probably the most durable and reliable AEG on the market. It is so sturdy that i have: dropped it, kicked it, fell on top of it and even sat on it and with no dire effects whatsoever (barr one little scratch on the cheek plate). The motor is right under the cheek rest so it gives a a nice sound and vibration. It is really accurate due to the bullpup design and it is also very comfortable in the shoulder. The high cap mags are small but with two of them and a mag clamp that isn't a problem. The motor keeps on going and going with practically no wear. A newb could have this gun and use it for years and still not want a new one because of any of the problems pointed out.

It is even beautiful when owned for a while. Mine is gloriously hanging above my bed where it shall stay for a good few years (i hope B) )

I cant remember who said it but ,in another thread someone said something like Noobs should stick to TM guns because CA and ICS need a bit of twicking to work to their max .Which i think is a very true wise comment. :)

And then another good point said was from R22Master or Arnie(cant remember which), they are all basically the same with performance its just on looks really.

I cant remember who said it but ,it another thread someone said something like Nobbs should stick to TM guns because CA and ICS need a bit of twicking to work to their max .Which i think is a very true wise comment.

Nobbs?! :blink: OO-ER!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
have you shot it or used it at several skirmishes yet?

Anyway FAMAS F1 for newbies easily, lasts forever looks cool, a decent gun as well (i was once sniping dead level with a fully upgraded L96 springer at one point in a skirmish.)

No, never been to a skirmish but i have shot it and it is dreemy, I shot it at Wolf but I am getting it for x-mas but I will definately go skirmishing

My personal choice is the Styer AUG it is good for cqc and woodland alike. the 300 round hicap is good for someone who is fairly trigger happy. It is a great gun for snipe and move tactics and it is overall durable.

I also like the Ics m16/ar15 line do to the easy upgrades (a lot later on in life) and it is essaier for me to field strip. The mag capacity comes in a wide range of every thing form 30 - 5000 round mags, making it good for sniping or even squad support.

If cqc is your cup of tea then try a p90 (the tokyo marui not the others) and you will find it is very reliable and very easy to lug around all day. the down side is finding tac gear that will hold the long mags that doesn't cost an arm and a leg ;) .

If you want a good reliable gun go with the Tokyo marui ak seires. they are reliable in most cases and the large amount of ammo comes in handy. Not to meintion the upgrade possibility.

The new G18c AEP's are nice if you are looking for an all weather back up (gas guns tend to fail in hot/cold weather). They seem to be pretty accurate and don't seem to have any problems I have found yet.

If you are not sure what type of gun you need ;sniper, support, assault rifle, smg then go to the field you will most likely be playing at and find out. Ask the manager if you can walk the field before you play. Rent guns first to se if you like them and when upgrading stay at least 5 feet under the limit(some guns seem to very).

I hope all this helps and that you find the gun that is right for you.

Is someone gonna make this thread a sticky already? <_<

After a few months of research :lol: I went for a FAMAS SV, for the following reasons:

1- Big battery

2- Very reliable

3- Very durable

4- Long barrel in a short frame (and therefore very accurate for its size)

5- I used one at my first skirmish prior to buying it, and the only problems I had were due to the gun being knackered (500RPM, fires a BB one in every three shots, know what I mean? :angry: )

6- I have had no mag-dropping problems

7- I just like the gun

8- It has a RoF from HELL

I don't see what everyone has against the FAMAS. Sure, if you hate the looks, don't get it, but for a first AEG, statistically it is the best. The big battery, durability, reliability, ROF, size/barrel length ratio make this a great AEG for beginners IMO.

As for the AK.....don't get me started. I used it for a day and loathed every minute, but again this is personal preference we're talking about. If you're looking for a solid AEG, you've found it. Also it takes a big battery, is very reliable, very accurate, easy to operate. I liked having the fire selector go straight from safe to full-auto :)

Other good choices I came across in my obsessive research campaign included:

The TM P-90. Small battery, but solid, reliable, small and manouverable, different from all the MP5s and Armalites. Accurate too for such a small gun. The only problem I've noticed was also at my first skirmish, my mate who went with me used a P-90. It was very good, but every 20 shots or so it would dry fire, and he had to smack the Hi-cap to make it feed :P

The AK-Beta. Now this was my second choice for a first AEG, because it takes away all the things I hate about the AK-47, namely the size, weight, colour of the grips, and the size of that mag. It performs, as far as I'm aware, very well, as it has a big battery and the same internals as the AK-47.

G-36C. Nothing against this excellent gun. It is very solid, looks gorgeous, performs admirably, plus its an H&K. Small battery though, and this is what put me off it.

*I'm gonna get one someday!*

I looked very closely at the Marui MP5 series (namely the A4 and SD5), but after I asked around on the forums (getting some pretty bad horror stories in return), and read some reviews which named it as the most unreliable, poorly-built piece of s##t ever spawned by Marui, I stayed away. Someday when I have the money I'll buy an ICS version, as I love the looks of the MP5s. I'd not buy a TM one though. You'll all-too-likely be throwing away you're cash.

Oh yeah, and plea'se learn to use apostrophe's. You know who you are ;)

Finally, I may sound pretty preachy, but I'm not telling you what to get, merely what relevant information I came across while looking for my first AEG. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. ONLY YOU CAN CHOOSE WHICH GUN YOU LIKE BEST. No one can make the choice for you, so decide already!!

I have seen a few (more than a few actually) armalite aeg's come off the field in more pieces than they went on, I have seen similar results with the longer G3's (like the SG1) for your first AEG go for something that if you slam into a tree isn't going to need a splint to make it through the rest of the day. Now the only AEG that doesn't have this problem is the P90 it will take larger J type batteries with a little modification (handy as it keeps up with the Jonses) it is as accurate as most other AEG's the standard mags look great ;) and if you are bothered about carrying mags there are options (there is a pouch for a bi-pod for (I think) the M16 that will take a couple and you can get drop leg pouches as well).

The gun itself is the ONLY truly ambidextrous eag as the safety is right in the middle and the mag release is on top. It has the lowest signature of any aeg out their (no mag sticking out the bottom) so you can get nice and low and you don't have a huge black tube pointing out from behind your cover to give you away. It has an EG1000 motor (apparently superior to the EG560 in the FA MAS) and wither comes with an RD scope with a rail for a tac torch or in the TR version you can stick a torch and laser with an aftermarket RD scope on top.

The only down side might be that it is an aquired taste, it can feel a bit wierd to use. If it does go for something else.

Archived