THE BEST NEWBIE AEG

HaVoC

There is no such thing as a SUPERIOR motor.

anyway. Id consider newb AEG to be between the FAMAS and P90. In principal they are both the same. Both bullpups, "weird" looking but functional. I preferred the FAMAS F1 firstly because the P90 makes me feel very cramped up (Im pretty big guy so i feel kinda cramped around the P90 the way you hold it) and also for my first AEG i wanted a proper rifle.

Now i think i am unusual in liking the way the FAMAS looks and maybe i can win some people over here by explaining why. It just looks lethal. The massive carry handle and the hard angles make it look so damn clinical its beautiful. I mean its french for crying out loud! youd think it would have little frilly bits hanging off and everything

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G36 mags in a Webtex vest:

Individual mags will fit in the mag pouches, I can fit two to each three mag pouch (the middle section is left empty) they don't fit well and they're a little difficult to get in and out but they do fit.

I've yet to use the set up in a skirmish but...

Bit of a subjective test really...More the skill of the user than the effectiveness of a gun.

Besides, the only thing the g36c had to contend with in the end was Ubar with a kar98. Now, I'm no expert, but make the two people run at each other firing, one with a fully automatic assault rifle, and the other with a bolt loading axis sniper rifle, and I think chances are the g36c may come off the victor...

Although the kar should have one. If only for its unique ability to shed foresigh mid skirmish, isn't that right, Ubar? ;)

Now i think i am unusual in liking the way the FAMAS looks and maybe i can win some people over here by explaining why. It just looks lethal. The massive carry handle and the hard angles make it look so damn clinical its beautiful. I mean its french for crying out loud! youd think it would have little frilly bits hanging off and everything

Welcome to my world! :lol:

T.M mp5a4,

superb gun. Good battery space, good upgradeablility, can be used in cqb and in the woods and it's reliable. It's also not too heavy for younger, or smaller players. hell, it looks good too!

For a noob gun, you cant go wrong.

I'd disagree.

At the SWAT Big Game 2004, I saw one of my mates use this as a BACKUP gun. It failed 3 times...

1 - The gears stripped

2 - The selector switch actually snapped off, leaving it in full-auto.

3 - the receiver snapped in half, where the front end joins it.

The cocking handle is also liable to go, amongst other things...

Just say no to TM MP5s, in my experience.

TM MP5 SD6, great for CQB and with medium range and great accuracy it's ideal for woodland.

The suppressor front end makes it look cool too.

Not too expensive either.

The TM version isn't too heavy either (but is heavy enough) and from what I've heard the plastic suppressor works better than metal.

It's pretty sturdy and even survived me slipping down the stairs and dropping it!

As a newbie myself, I definitly think I made the right choice.

So far fired between 2000 and 3000 rounds and not had a single problem.

G36 mags in a Webtex vest:

Individual mags will fit in the mag pouches, I can fit two to each three mag pouch (the middle section is left empty) they don't fit well and they're a little difficult to get in and out but they do fit.

I've yet to use the set up in a skirmish but...

Ah - same as the AUG. I also use some rubber pads at the bottom of each pouch to make sure that the mags don't drop too far inside. Makes it a lot easier to get at 'em in a hurry...

The FA-MAS mags are more like M16 or the SA-80 mags the vest was designed for - much thinner..

T.M mp5a4,

superb gun. Good battery space, good upgradeablility, can be used in cqb and in the woods and it's reliable. It's also not too heavy for younger, or smaller players. hell, it looks good too!

For a noob gun, you cant go wrong.

what about the ics full metal version?

I would say a TM G36, I could take this gun apart and work around the problem and im a little...well dumb! when it come to AEG's. Do not get a CA M15 it is just a pain in the :o when you open it, I dont think its a bad gun, its just not an easy

gun to work with.

what about the ics full metal version? (MP5)

The ICS MP5 is a great gun - one of the best in my opinion, but I would not necessarily recommend it to a newbie as their first AEG. It has a weak tappet-plate and poor HOP-UP rubber, but once these very cheap bits (about £10 for both) are replaced, it's a stunningly good AEG.

And this is the reason I would not recommend it to a newbie. ICS and CA guns usually need a little more TLC, and technical ability, but give it to them and they'll outperform most if not all TM models.

As for the TM MP5 - Utter rubbish! I would imagine by now most people know my experiences with this beast. At least 8 TM MP5s destroyed in 2 months, some comitted suicide in the shop that was selling them. They stripped gears, fired sideways, refused to feed BBs, made horrible grinding noises, had faulty selector switches, and more. Not one of Marui's best, and when you compare it to things like the P90, G36c and Thompson, you really do wonder why their MP5 is such a turkey.

Hi iam am totally new to this but i hav been interested in bb guns for years i got my first AEG the other day (p90 TR) and i luv it to bits it is a bit heavy at the rear end 4 my liking but its sexy looks make up for that. Still waiting 4 my damn battery so i can test the gun out but even if it doesnt work i still think its money well spent cos the gun is so damn sexy if only i could change it to the usual p90 model (with the red dot scope) ne ideas?

post-3565-1105386995_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
3 - the receiver snapped in half, where the front end joins it.

Just say no to TM MP5s, in my experience.

A common problem on the Thompson too.

A subject that has been lightly touched on, but worthy of expansion - Mag Pouches.

The most comonly available tac-vests (eg the SAAV) are primarily designed for 5.56/M16 sized Mags. Although the G36 mags are 5.56, the "real steel" mag is fatter than an m16 mag because it is made of plastic. I know a few people who have actualy resorted to cutting the lugs of to get them to fitt more smoothly in to Blackhawk Vests etc. Two MP5 mags will fit in to the space of a single M16 mag.

A good bet is to rent first, see what suits you, and more importantly, what suits the site you play at.

Archived