THE BEST NEWBIE AEG

HaVoC

meh im a newb . dont care wot ya think , you see peepx i have a life. anywaz, i just ordered a TM MP5K today . i think it looks like a great gun , and many reviews says its a brill gun to own , lasts long , and its agood aeg.

altohugh my mate who is buying a ak47 thinks otherwsie , he likes ak 47's more. i like ak's too but i think a mp5k is the best weapon for newbs.

i bought mine for 210 with starter pack so i thought it was a decent deal.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ak47. Either the full stock or the Beta-Spetz. I own both and cannot say enough good things about them.

I wont re-iterate all the good points made so far (pretty much covered methinks), just to bring up one small bad point about the AK's in general.

Screws. :wide-eyed:

Turn an AK over and you will see more screws heads than on probably any other AEG. These do have a tendency to work loose and drop out, something which most people don't think about til they notice that some are missing.

So for anyone who owns one, or is going to get one (Good Choice!), make sure that you regularly go round and tighten the screws up. Don't over do it, just make sure that they are tight. Save's having to find replacements later on.

:P

like ak's too but i think a mp5k is the best weapon for newbs.

Until you get outgunned buy someone (everyone :P ) with a biger mag, you try to change your battery under fire or you discover your spare stick battery has snaped in half when you jumped behind a baricade.

Play with it, then give advice :waggle:

• 5 weeks later...

I need a bit of help. I'm trying to choose a gun, probs an SMG, and I have had a few options thrown about by various people: P90, MP5 (A4/5) or G36C.

I was told by PlayerOne who has a P90, that it would be too small for me as I'm a big guy of 6'4". He recommended the G36C, but coming into the sport without loads cash, I thought the MP5 wa the better option.

I have fired an MP5A5 at my mate's house, and I love it, but the battery is smaler than the A4's I believe, and I was wonderring whether it would come as a problem in a skirmish.

The other thing, is which of these is the best/most reliable site to buy from: Airsoft armouries, airsoft dynamics, or wolf armouries. I'll probs be spending £300 at one of them, so I'd like opinions as to which are the safest/most reliable, and advice from the mopre experienced player (o.e. everyone) as to which I should buy!

NiCK

Get yourself an AK with fixed stock, 2 hicaps and 2 batteries, you won`t regret it, as mentioned on here some of the screws work loose but any car spares shop should sell thread lock, a small dab on each screw will keep them in. The AK is about the right size for you and takes a large battery so less cost and changing in the field, also the hicap mags carry 600 rounds each so less expense there. This lot will set you back a lot less than £300. As to which retailer, I`d go for Airsoft Armoury but thats just personal preference

I think the adjustable stock makes the MP5A5 a quality gn though, cos I'm not rich 4enough to buy two guns atm, so I could use it in for CQB, and out for longer range stuff....plus I really dislike AKs....v pathetic I know, but I hate the whole videogame association and the terrorist link too.

AEGs are mostly the ame, except looks everyone says, and I really hate how the AK looks....sorry mate!

Any other suggestions?

And IMO th classic army M15A4 is the number 1 choice.

If your American that is!

How any British airsoft fan can enter a skirmish with such a weapon on British soil is just sacrilege in my opinion!

You know who you are! :D

Sir Winston Churchill must be turning in his grave! ;)

Whats next turning up to a Royal costume party dressed as a Nazi?

I think the adjustable stock makes the MP5A5 a quality gn though, cos I'm not rich 4enough to buy two guns atm, so I could use it in for CQB, and out for longer range stuff....plus I really dislike AKs....v pathetic I know, but I hate the whole videogame association and the terrorist link too.

AEGs are mostly the ame, except looks everyone says, and I really hate how the AK looks....sorry mate!

Any other suggestions?

May I recommend one of the Classic Army or ICS MP5s (especially the ICS ones, in fact)? You'll end up relplacing a bunch of bits on the Tokyo Marui ones after not much time at all, possibly, and it'll cost a bomb.

Instead, you can get a full-metal gun, with a better gearbox, and external parts (and parts like the selector switch...) that won't snap off within 6 months. It may cost more, but it'll be well worth it in the long run if you can afford it.

The only problem with an MP5A5 is the mini battery, at a woodland skirmish you`re gonna need several (maybe 4), if you like the MP5 that much I`d go for the MP5A4 with the full stock, it takes a large battery which you can get fairly cheap and you`ll only need 2 at a woodland event. Just trying to save you money, I carry an Uzi and get through almost 5 batteries in a day(these cost me the best part of a £100 alone)

The thing is about these type of threads i.e. "What’s the best AEG?" is that there can be no definitive answer.

Ones personal preference is based on several factors:-

1. Appearance – some like MP5’s other like M16’s, other just pistols.

2. Price and monetary value. Not everyone on this board is Donald Trump that can afford any gun they so choose. Some are younger and can’t afford high end airsoft and have bought cheaper models or BOYS versions.

3. Looking at number three raises the issue with quality. Some only the highest quality will do, others will put up with plastic rather than full metal.

I think the only advice people seem to be giving is personal choices and their advice on what they are happy with.

If your thinking of buying into airsoft, try to go to a shop and have a good look around and buy the best gun you can afford with advice of the shop owner along with forum and magazine reviews.

I was told by PlayerOne who has a P90, that it would be too small for me as I'm a big guy of 6'4". He recommended the G36C, but coming into the sport without loads cash, I thought the MP5 wa the better option.

I don't know about the airsoft version, but I found the RS P90 very comfortable indeed - and I'm 6'5".

I don't know about the airsoft version, but I found the RS P90 very comfortable indeed - and I'm 6'5".

The P90 is very fine gun! If it’s good enough for General Jack O’Neill of SG-1 then its good enough for anyone!

Although on second thoughts…I forgot about the nerdy implications….you do have Samantha Carter (a scientist in astro-physics) and Daniel Jackson (an archaeologist) doesn’t do much to its macho image! :D

:P

Any other suggestions?

Not to mention that the plastic furniture on it feel slike it will break in your hands.

You said it yourself, AEGs are mostly all the same. Just pick the one that looks best to YOU. Don't ask people for suggestions.

Also, I don't recommend basing a descion of battery amount. If you like the gun, get it. Just get another battery later on. You won't actually use small batteries that fast, unless you are one of those n00bs with a 600rnd hicap that don't stop shooting, but I won't get into that....

Based on my experience with my M15A4, i recognmend as a beginner gun if you have the $$. The rifle is solid, all metal, somewhat upgraded internals, accurate, high rate of fire, little bit more fps than marui. I'm sure by saying this i'm going to get like 100000 replies as to "oh my m15a4 sucks or my friend's m15a4 blows". Well, we're all different and maybe they did not maintain it as well. I know people who play in the snow with their m15a4 and it performs just fine.

As for a starter gun, i started playing with a G18c and using a rental gun for a while so i could sample out pretty much every AEG and see which one feels good on me. I recogmmend all noobs to do this, go out to the field and play around for a while. Don't rush into buying a gun, i've seen people purchase a gun after 2-3 game. Usually they end up complaining about their gun or lose interest in the game because the gun doesn't have a right "feel" on them. Ask someone on the field if you could use their gun, most players (like me) are more than happy to let a noob use my gun for a round or two if it results in bringing another person into the sport. Once you've found the gun that feels good on you (for example, Bullup guns like Famas, P90, and Augs are not suitable for me for some strange reason, i'm 5'9 125lbs). Then purchase it. DO NOT BUY A GUN BECAUSE IT LOOKS COOL OR SOMEONE IN A MOVIE LOOKS COOL USING IT!!!

Recogmmend guns based on experience:

1. CA M15A4

2. Marui Mp5

3. Marui Ak47

4. CA G36c

5. Marui P90 (if it suits you)

Thanks.

All your opinions are really valid (which differs massively from other forums), but the battery issue I am very concerned about. A friend of mine bought the ICS A5, and I think he bought a TacLite foregrip or something, which as well as giving him a groovy TacLite, he can now use one of the Twin Batteries. Do they make much of a difference does anyone know, or are they v similar to normal 8.4V batteries?

BTW, since I last posted, I have changed from TM to ICS MP5s....cos of their build quality....I do love metal!

Anyone know of another cheap HK shop where I cant buy an ICS MP5A5?

Where do you live then?

Why Hong Kong? Why not import it else where?

For me, I bought my ICS MP5 A3 from within the UK, after importation and VAT and courier charges it didnt work out any cheaper.

If it breaks, all I do is send it back mainland postage. If you buy one from Hong Kong, you will have to send it back to Hong Kong at your expense.

Its up to you. Plus there is a language barrier.......

Reasons for buying from shops in your country (UK and US)

1. Faster shipping

2. Easier communication

3. Possible return/help if anything goes wrong

4. Promotes Airsoft within your country. Since the stores within the country are allowed to sell more, they are able to expand and grow thus spreading the word of airsoft.

5. With more airsoft stores and the spread of airsoft, more fields and players will come about

Not all (US & UK) dealer rip you off

within the states i recogmend

www.airsplat.com (My first choice. Great for CA and GBB)

www.airsoftatlanta.com (good retailer, more selection than airsplat)

www.airsoftextreme.com (only go here if the others don't have it)

Well, I chose Hong Kong, as there seem to be loads of great BIG shops there, with a huge selection.

I can't find an MP5A5 in many shops in the UK very cheap, cheapest I've seen is probs £155, whereas in Hong Kong, |'ve found loads for under £100.

Plus, there are hardly any shops here that have a big range of ICS stuff. Anyone know why this is, or know a place where I can get a cheapish ICS MP5A5 in the UK?

Archived