THE BEST NEWBIE AEG

HaVoC

A TM M733 or M16 variant would probably get my vote - you can learn to upgrade it, it doesn't cost the world, you have better things to aim for (CA or ICS etc) and there are a multitude of different extras you can get for them.

Rich::

That's certainly the safe choice. I went for something a little different (mainly because i have a long standing hate affair with the M16 image, although that's gradually fading). I bought the TM FN P90TR and I can't praise it enough. It has performance, ROF and has the right balance to use 1 handed if required. I mounted a (rather excessive) 3-9x40 scope on top, installed the silencer provided (which really does cut down the noise loads) and found a really wicked torch (actually I got given it as a present) which was a 14 bright LED torch with integrated laser pointer (not intended as a laser sight as it isn't adjustable, but rather brighter than an ordinary pointer) that fits perfectly in a scope bracket. That leaves one rail free for something. The highcap mags for it are big but you wind it once and forget about it for the whole game so none of this ###### mag winding balls. Hassle free, good value goodness.

i have no hesitation to recommend a P90. However, I had absolutely no joy with MP5s (they were all rental however, I'll say that). They didn't fire/hop up/misfired etc, I spent most of each game with a marshall trying to get the damn thing working again. I then got a rental p90 and I was in heaven. I tried 2 MP5s, 1 G36, 1 P90 and 1 AK-47 and I must say I was happiest with the '90 so I bought one.

Would it be worthwhile to start a poll and have people vote on their best gun? There's lots of opinions in this thread but it would be nice to see what most people like.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

Sorry if someone has mentioned this already but you can get the cyma cm.023 AEG from airshooter.co.uk, its 40 pound or so but for a beginner it would be quite handy. I know lots of people complain about cymas but I think this gun would be a good way to start you off in airsoft. :)

The gun comes with

silencer

sling

extra magazine

bb's

Thanks

airsofter22

Hi

Sorry if someone has mentioned this already but you can get the cyma cm.023 AEG from airshooter.co.uk, its 40 pound or so but for a beginner it would be quite handy. I know lots of people complain about cymas but I think this gun would be a good way to start you off in airsoft.  :)

The gun comes with

silencer

sling

extra magazine

bb's

Thanks

airsofter22

Umm, why go for possibly cheap rubbish when you can get a gun that cost a little more but will probably outlast you with regular maintainence?

I dont really se the point in wasting money on rubbish.

TM Steyr AUG All the way.

Reasons:

-Compact for its barrel length. CQB is doable, king for woodland.

-Largest lowcaps of any TM AEG.

-Relatively cheap

-V3 Gearbox, easily upgradeable.

-Gearbox removal in three easy steps. 5 minutes first time.

-Sturdy. Slight barrel wobble (about 1 mm) possible

-Everything that is metal in the RS version is metal already, no expensive metal bodies to buy.

-Nice weight.

CON (singular)

-Not many external upgrades. Those that exist aren't cheap.

Overall: 9/10.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone and thanks in advance,

I have a simple question with a most likely complex answer; (I've read the whole thread.)

What is the difference between the CA CA36C and the TM G36C AEG rifles? This will be my first gun, and I love this style of German assault rifle.

I'm just looking for the differences between them, and looking to get the better one for me. To me better means (at this stage) reliable, sturdy, works out of the box (tinkering acceptable, I like that kind of thing), and true style mags. I don't want the 470 round mag that comes with either, so I assume that I can get ~100 round mags to clip together for either, correct?

At any rate, thanks a lot in advance.

The CA is the superior gun, the externals are nicer than the TM (all the plastics match up), the gearbox is better. Its more sturdy for sure but it does have 470 round mag which you dont want. I believe the TM has 170 round mag.

And yes the mags clip together.

The CA is the superior gun, the externals are nicer than the TM (all the plastics match up), the gearbox is better. Its more sturdy for sure but it does have 470 round mag which you dont want. I believe the TM has 170 round mag.

And yes the mags clip together.

uh, no the TM G36 has a 60ish round mag with it, and 100 round midcaps and 470 round hicaps avalable as extras.

Cheapie guns... don't do it. I bought a Double Eagle M16 which got me excited about the whole airsoft thing ("a bb gun with automatic fire!?!? WOOHOO") but found very quickly that the range on it was soo shoddy that I had to rent a gun anyway. Things are much better now I have my P90 but even now I find myself being out-ranged by everyone so I'm having to upgrade it just so I can use my preferred style ("sharpshooter" rather than full-blown "Sniper") without that whole "weeing into the wind" effect when I return fire. Cheapie AEGs are fine for the back garden (and impressive when you have a wall of firearms for not-too-much cash).

And as for AEG reviews... trust me to miss it... consider myself "educated". :)

uh, no the TM G36 has a 60ish round mag with it, and 100 round midcaps and 470 round hicaps avalable as extras.

Thanks for the information guys, I guess the CA is the way to go. If I'm correct in that the CA is a copy of the TM version, then the clips for a TM (I want the realistic looking ones, the ones with 5.56 shells inside [i think they're 5.56's, right?], and maybe a pair of regular mid-caps) will fit?

The other thing I want to know, what would a good tighter-bored barrel cost me? I'm more interested in accuracy, and this seems to be the way to go without messing with the gearbox?

Well, thanks again for the help.

Cheers, Project.

CA and TM are completely interchangable, I have a G36K (its started off life as a TM G36C but I have added CA and STAR parts to it) and my Bro has a CA G36 we use a mixture of CA/TM/STAR mags and all work fine. I cant help you with the cost of a tight bore barrel as the shop threw in one free when I brought a bunch of stuff to turn it into the K in the first place (New handgaurd and outer barrel which cost me 100 quid) the CA guns are without doubt superior however.

• 3 months later...

hmmm i'm sort of in a delima.

i'm selling my UTG Mp5 v2 for something a little better

i can get a sweet UTG Ak-47 setup from shortyusa.com which would include

the UTG

extra battery

10 star realcap mags

headwrap

3000 .25g BB's

or from RedWolf i could get

Tokyo Marui FA-MAS SV

with 8.4v 2000 mah battery&charger

and maybe a 300 round mag.

help?

• 3 months later...

TM ak47 for all reasons previously stated by others

TM p90 is just teh pwnage in my mind. Its insanely accurate (well mine is :blink:), decent range, at home in woodland or CQB. I know it takes small batteries but if you need more you can get a kit to add another 600/1100mah battery and connect two batteries at the same time

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...uct&id=DBCPP90S

found it

Anyway that'd probably be my recommendation

I'm going to have to go for the classic army M15 series. Why, well I noobie is only a noobie for a short time, and after that they want a gun which can hold it's on against other guns and can easily be upgraded/customised.

Pros: It is good from stock, has a solid metal body, and shoots nicely.

This may not be the normal advice to noobs, but o' well.

Yes, you may have to take it apart, whether it's to change the hop-up rubber and hop-nub, or you want a new barrel, or you want to do this or that....

..But it's easy to do, and you have to learn some how, it takes very little knowledge to do pretty much anything to a CA M15, a quick search on here and your get all the info for everything, and all of it apart from opening the gear box it's easy to do.

I have never used a ICS M4/m16, but it's probably just as good, I guess what I am saying is a Armalite is perfect for someone new to the sport. This can cause problems of everyone having a M4, which gets a bit dull, and however much you try and custom them they still are Armalites.

my first gun was a map5sd6. not too shabby but the stock does move abet so is not solid. but, it is a very light gun (compared too the ak n stuff) and looks the stuff. but they are going out of fashion as everyone is buying g36's TAM and CA so that would be the obvious choice in my opinion to be the best newbie gun. :D

hmmm i'm sort of in a delima.

i'm selling my UTG Mp5 v2 for something a little better

i can get a sweet UTG Ak-47 setup from shortyusa.com which would include

the UTG

extra battery

10 star realcap mags

headwrap

3000 .25g BB's

or from RedWolf i could get

Tokyo Marui FA-MAS SV

with 8.4v 2000 mah battery&charger

and maybe a 300 round mag.

help?

Go with the Marui. The UTG seems like a good deal but you get a couple thousand rounds through it and it is toast, my buddy bought the exact one you are talking about from shorties and it was toast in a month

• 4 months later...

The best gun for a newbie (and anyone else, for that matter) is definitley the TM FAMAS. Amazingly sturdy construction, really reliable. It has a huge barrel, the same as the G3 SG1, and that makes it extremely accurate. The rate of fire is absolutely insane. It's expensive, but the way i think about it, why spend money on a cheap gun if you're just gonna get a nice one later. The only problem with it is that upgrades are hard to come by (I'm trying to figure it out, see my forum in general discussion).

If you don't like the looks of the FAMAS, my recommendation is to go with any of the TM's. They're the best quality guns out there, and are worth every penny of their $250 price tag.

Archived