THE BEST NEWBIE AEG

HaVoC

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am replying to the original question rather late, but from all the fedback i get from owners the Marui AK47 sems to be the best beginer gun, first of you have maruis reliabiblty, large batery capacity, and in the future if the player decides to upgrade the gun is a god platform for such work.

I would say the best is the CA M249. I have been to 3 skirmishes and just bought one. The pro's are: It's accurate, it has about the range of a stock TM M14, it holds 2500 rounds, it has a good stock FPS, it would be incredibly hard to break, it is fun enough to guarantee to convert anyone to the sport, and you can keep it stock forever without having to replacing anything except maybe a piston after about 150,000 rounds. To those who complain about the weight, just throw a cheap 2 point sling on there, tighten it so it's right under your shoulder and you won't notice it. The only cons would be price and that it's too big for CQB.

I get the feeling that none of these posts are actually going to be read - kind of like the "what music are you listening to?", you just post and ignore.

But having chairsofted for a good decade or more, I feel I must share my revelations with the entire internet ;)

There're many many many kinds of newbies in this world and I think you need to ask yourself before asking somebody that question...

What am bes.... you get the idea ;)

I'm one of the laziest guys around, not just with toy guns but just about anything that requires effort, so I want an AEG that hardly ever requires fixing/tweaking/coddling/whinging...

Moreover, I take care of my things - and I don't just say that for the sake of typing. I put most things in their appropriate storage places, sort batteries out, combats in washing machine and so on as soon as I get back so I don't just dump ###### all over the house/flat.

If I come home with my AEG after a full game I'd put it away properly instead of "leaving it on my display rack aka side of my bed with battery in and shot chambered to gather dust"

I'm not taking it out on every other non-anal airsofter on here, just saying that you have to realise every person has their routines, tidyness/messiness.

AEGs also have their respective abuse-tolerance, life-span when not looked at and opened up etc

I put things away properly every time but don't want to do surgery on my AEGs twice a month. So I prefer a mid-range to high end AEG that requires minimal after market parts, reshimming, custom modifications and so on.

==========

If for examples sake, you are clumsier, messier but tend to gladly fix things even if it breks all the time...

By all means go for the cheapest stuff, because you'll learn about the insides in no time.

Even if you break everything, it's not going to cost you over 100 quid (UK shop) for some VSR zero trigger, rediculous amounts for real wood and metal body kits and what have you...

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to say that stay well away from all guns with retractable stocks as a first gun unless you really need it for CQB, they are a major weak spot furthermore hinder any upgrades, even though I think the MP5 A4 does not look as good as the A5 in my honest opinion I would go for the MP5A4, it will free up the end guard which would have been used for the battery and so you can have the light as an upgrade later. Perhaps its just me and retractable stocks, they look good but prove to be a weak spot on them. I’m now stuck with no AEG because of my TM stock breaking on my A5 hybrid the day it came out of the box, a big disappointment which has put me off buying an AEG.

(Sorry that is long)

The best gun ever is...

A £5 spring pistol I once bought at a seaside, I mean d00d, it liek sh00ts BBs liek totally 20 fps, it am bestist gun evar!

Seriously now, I'm going going to say vulcan minigun. Adjustable fps up to 600, and 50 rps anyone?

guys, i dunno what half you think a noob aeg is. some of you are putting down guns that can cost upto £200. that aint a noob aeg.

a noob aeg is something like a £40 mp5, or something from geniestuff.co.uk

something around 200fps with 0.20, thats a noob aeg.

all these tokyo mauria stuff and adding tighter barrels... a noob aint gna waste their time with accessories and sure as hell aint gonna pay something like that.

you have 5 different stages...

Stage 1: The kids guns - ranging from £1-£20 (nameless)

stage 2: The noob guns - ranging from £20-£50 (namless still)

Stage 3: Amature guns- Ranging from £50-£120 (Jing Gong, Echo)

Stage 4: Pro guns - Ranging from £120-£300+ (includes tokyo marui etc)

Stage 5: mad peoples- Ranging well over £500 (miniguns, 50cals etc)

TM AK or spetz with a full stock (not a clone, they are cheaper but do not last as well)

Very reliable

Very strong

Good battery capacity

Not too expensive

Large capacity Hi caps so just one spare is plenty

Not too hot, can be used at sites with low fps limit but stand their ground with much higher fps weapons

great TM hop, they fire huge distances

Upgradable

If they can stand up to guy's week in week out abusing them as hire guns, they are a good Noob gun as well.

TM AK or spetz with a full stock (not a clone, they are cheaper but do not last as well)

Very reliable

Very strong

Good battery capacity

Not too expensive

Large capacity Hi caps so just one spare is plenty

Not too hot, can be used at sites with low fps limit but stand their ground with much higher fps weapons

great TM hop, they fire huge distances

Upgradable

If they can stand up to guy's week in week out abusing them as hire guns, they are a good Noob gun as well.

Agreed

TM SIG 552 Seals.

Very light, very small. Good rate of fire and respectable range and FPS. You can also pick one up very cheaply (mine was £90 +mags etc...!). As it is a TM, it is also very reliable and will take a beating. You also do not see many on the field so thats a plus.

TM SIG 552 Seals.

Very light, very small. Good rate of fire and respectable range and FPS. You can also pick one up very cheaply (mine was £90 +mags etc...!). As it is a TM, it is also very reliable and will take a beating. You also do not see many on the field so thats a plus.

dear i ask where you got that at that price?

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't advise clones for newbie guns, if the newbie in question has no idea how to upgrade/repair guns and wants a consitently reliable skirmish weapon...

TM P90 is a good choice, I'd say. TM G36C is another good one for many (obvious) reasons that I cannot be bothered to write down.

I am new to this and was going to go down the 'ACM' route. But in the end I couldn't get over the fear that ACM = unreliability and I felt that I had more to worry about in the early stages than my gun breaking and not having a clue how to fix it..

So in the end, I went down the Classic Army route and actually bought 2 guns (MP5 and M15) because I couldn't make up my mind whether to go 'short' or 'long'....

I have now seen a few JG guns and have to admit that they are impressive.. But I still question the reliability.. But since I had to place an order with RSOV I decided to buy a G36C, just to have a spare and to see what they are like.

But all of this is dependant on funds.. At the end of the day, I am lucky to be solvent enough to afford my collection of guns.. So I am not going to suggest that everyone should go down the route I took...

I am not saying that I did the right thing.. I just thought that my experience as a 'noob' might help.

But I certainly don't really think that importing ACM is a good starting point (unless you know people who have AEG experience).. At the end of the day, AEGS are not the most reliable bits of kit you can get and if you buy from a shop , you get warantee and support, which is worth its weight in gold.

But now that some UK suppliers are selling ACMs and are offering support, it can't be bad thing any more.. But if you are going to get an ACM from the UK, you are going to pay around £100, and personally, I would rather pay a little moe and get a 'quality' brand instead!

Jon

I would have to say the TM G36c as an all round good introduction into aeg's.

It was my first AEG and having only dealt with GBB's previously i was a little daunted by owning one. It's ROF and accuracy out of the box was good the hop-up is easy to adjust and zero in the sights. Plus it's a weapon that's perfect for cqb and can hold it's own in woodland. Another plus i feel with TM guns are the manuals, they're very clear unlike some i have seen that make no sense whatsoever.

I had to sell mine when i was having money troubles but as soon as i could afford it i bought myself a new one. And i've never had any trouble with it even after dropping it several times and knocking into walls with it.

Archived