THE BEST NEWBIE AEG

HaVoC

Im shocked and appaled......nobodys said AUG am best.

For a noob, fiddly battery change, odd trigger, strange design you love or hate.

You don't see augs on hire fleets, cos they aint a noob gun......so aug aint best for a noob.

having said that, I know folk that swear by them and they have good range, but this thread is about best newbie aeg.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TM Sig552

basically the same as a g36c with more metal, heavier and a better stock

comes with 2 RIS rails at the front but none on the top out of the box

but has excellent ironsights

very nice looking gun with great trademarks and very nice to handle

one of the most solid and tough TM guns

its also cheaper than the g36c

downsides are small highcaps at 240 rounds (but the small mags are easy to store in pouches etc)

and no top rail out of the box, although TM do make a very sturdy metal one for about £15-£20

only space for a small battery

and its small size wont compete with larger guns on outdoors games

but if you want a great QCB gun its perfect

compact and solid

G36 is much easier to strip down to the gearbox than a 552.

a V3 isnt just a V3.

An AK series V3 is a hellofalot easier to take apart than an AUG V3.

But wouldn't be a rare newbie that would want to take apart the mechbox???????

DarkMM :flamed:

• 4 months later...
Right then. In the old forums I started a thread, which went on to be quite successful (albeit rather spam-riddled) about 'the best n00b AEG'.

It's a frequently-asked question, and one that annoys older players when newbies ask it. It then annoys new players when older players dismiss them, and a flame war begins...

To be honest, in my opinion, they're all the same. 'Nuff said.

HOWEVER, here we go again, just for the sake of argument...

THREAD RULES

1 - Please keep it spam free...please...

2 - Please don't flame other people's choices. If he thinks the MP5K is the best newbie AEG, then so be it, unless you can explain clearly WHY it is a poor choice.

3 - Please EXPLAIN your choice(s). Don't just say what the best gun is - help explain why - back it up!

4 - Feel free to have more than one choice (although don't just say "Ah any of the Tokyo Marui AEGs are good!").

5 - Feel free to mention AEGs that you feel are especially POORLY-suited as newbie guns...

6 - Please try to use decent grammar and spelling. It doesn't have to be perfect, but please try to keep it neat, tidy and readable.

R22Master (one of the moderators) is going to try to help keep this thread clean and full of valuable information.

Also, please try to remember the audience. We want the best AEG for a Newbie's First Purchase.

So then...

FIRE AWAY!

the best noobie airsoft gun is...maybe the utg ak-47 commando or the tm mp7 i guess

I would say that the best gun to get would be an AK Variant for a newbie. There not too bad to take apart, there plentiful, the mags hold large numbers of BBs and you can always run around in a pair a jeans prentending that you some sort of miltia (saving you the cost of BDU's ;)

NOT the FA-MAS for sure. The the TM Ak47 are alright and good for a noob. I might say ICS M4 though. It's fairly easy to upgrade you can slap on what ever you want really. I kinda wish I woud have bought one as my first AEG. I don't noobs sould try to stand out of the crowd either, they are not ready yet. AKs and M4s are common, but they are solid proven guns that are very good.

I just know I am going to get flamed for saying M$ though lol.

Nothing wrong with saying M4 - thing is (and you might have noticed this) there are rather a lot of M4's out there, so it's always good to specify which one you mean. Sure you mean ICS, but which one?

It could well be that the new Sportline M4's from Classic Army are the best for noobs - they would seem to be on paper at least. I'd certainly point newbie's in their direction at the moment (certainly in the UK):

Decent FPS out of the box - unlike stock TM, where you can feel out-ranged on your first day out

Decent price - £99 max over here (£85.09 from www.chinasoft.co.uk)

Decent brand name - well, we'll see how that goes (how do Sportline's compare to standard CA models in reliability terms? Too soon to know?)

None of the issues you can get with clones - FPS, build quality, internals shouldn't need any attention etc.

Only time will tell if I'm on the right track, but I'd seriously consider one if I was looking to start up now.

TM AK-47. easy to work with, so simple to use a child could use it (nicked from lord of war), Big mags (simple 'nuff to use unless ur Dev.) and more than enough room to expand with GLs scopes ect once u feel like it! plus nice big battery and its widely enough used troubleshooting aint hard

The reason I never went for an TM AK (even though that was always my intention) was because in order to add anything (like a scope for example) to the gun you also have to add something else - a rail (and rail mount?) in this case.

Just realised a downside (in my eyes) with the Sportline M4 - it takes small batteries. Now I know that's not necessarily a deal breaker, but you often need two to get through a full day's play (depending how you use it, but remember when you were a noob?). I think they're coming out with a solid stock one though. That way you can play like a noob all day with just the one battery.

If you're on a budget then there are some decent cheapies out there (way more than two or three years ago, and for much less cash). That said when it comes to cheap guns those with the most knowledge will get the most out of them, and those with a custom project or pre planned upgrade plan in mind especially so.

Thats maybe not the best option for a new player.

On that basis if you have the dough and you're new Id still reckon its far better to buy something a bit more highend

Will allow you to establish a baseline of what constitutes good quality and decent workmanship in your own mind when it comes to evaluating secondary cheaper purchases later, rather than being left wondering about what areas of a high end gun are better than what you bought.

In which case its just gotta be the Realsword type 56 :)

260 quid delivered including VAT and taxes to your door (not much more than my first CA M15 cost back in the day)

Full firearms grade steel construction, real deal woodwork, real deal finish so, not only ridiculously strong, but absolutely no chance of being overcome with a bad dose of 'metal body real wood real sights etc' upgradeitis within weeks of buying it. Its already got them :D

Paintstripper-proof blued finish means if you're suddenly overcome with a fit of madness and rashly decide to krylon it in arctic camo or ubercool desert brown? Then you can dig yourself back out of that particular hole later and no damage done (provided you dont attack it with sand paper or wallpaper scrapers lol).

300 to 310 FPS making it both site legal for any site out there and totally understressed for the quality of the 400 FPS+ capable internals RS have specified.

Shimmed to perfection. Lubed to perfection, absolutely no reason whatsoever to open the gearbox 'just to be on the safe side etc' unless you need to upgrade the power.

If were talking aeg's that are cheap enough for beginners etc i'd say either a jg or a d-boy's m4, the m4's are easy to work on, have a huge amount of parts available and are pretty solid all round. I started off with a jg m733 and it was ace, i now have a d-boys cqb full metal and although it needed a few mod's it was easy to find info on. -hugh

i am a relativly new player so my opinion may have some meaning. my first wepon was the jg ak47 ris. i feel that was an easy weapon to maintain, it was powerful nice rof and fps, very rugged, and easy to use. i would recomend it to new players.

I would have to say that in my experience, and MP5 or another shorter gun is the best to start out with. As someone who is trying to make the transition from noob to bona fide airsofter, I have noticed one thing: unless you have the money for multiple weapons, a gun that can be used for both CQB and GreenOps is essential. Versatility, a middle of the road FPS, upgradability, availability and cost of accessories, and availability of gear which can hold appropriate magazines (I STILL haven't found a decent vest for my G36 mags...right now I'm using drop pouches) are all factors to consider. I sold my MP5 to raise funds for my G36...and I wish I had it back :( They are cheap, easy to find accessories for, compact and east to carry (big guns make for tired arms), and just as deadly as any other AEG out there. TM suggested.

I would have to say that in my experience, and MP5 or another shorter gun is the best to start out with. As someone who is trying to make the transition from noob to bona fide airsofter, I have noticed one thing: unless you have the money for multiple weapons, a gun that can be used for both CQB and GreenOps is essential. Versatility, a middle of the road FPS, upgradability, availability and cost of accessories, and availability of gear which can hold appropriate magazines (I STILL haven't found a decent vest for my G36 mags...right now I'm using drop pouches) are all factors to consider. I sold my MP5 to raise funds for my G36...and I wish I had it back :( They are cheap, easy to find accessories for, compact and east to carry (big guns make for tired arms), and just as deadly as any other AEG out there. TM suggested.

ling ling is right. but... mabie some noobs need a specific one becouse when i started out i had a real hard time figureing things out. after being called a nood and reciving much abuse i eventualy fingured a few things out and picked a gun.

so for all the newbies out there i will try to make a simple and short guide of what i have learned from my exerince. i will post it when im done.

Archived