THE BEST NEWBIE AEG

HaVoC

a quick note of the G36C, many ppl complain that its too short for woodland, well there is more than one dirt cheap front end coversion kit out there that will not only give you a large battery, but youll also get the aditional range!

Id still vote AK-47 for newbies, nice and simple (see my first post)

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

for AKs, the SRC/TSD has a pretty solid version

it sells for $250ish on Airsoft GI which is about the cost of most CAs and ICS's

it is all wood and metal and has a very solid construction

ASGI chronoed my friends at 360-380 out of the box

the range is the same as the CA M15A4 rifle and with a 600 round hi-cap you can't go wrong

the Echo 1 AK-47 is rubbish IMHO

it mis-fired and jammed all the time and the range was inconsistent, I might have gotten a lemon but I have had this similar problem with Echo 1's before

and it has probally been stated, but the CA M4 is an amazing gun

• 4 weeks later...
G36C all the way!

As R22 said, its solidly built (no creak), good rate of fire (ROF), lots of add-ons for future spending sprees, large hi-caps (470 bb's), magazines "clamp" together, good for left and right handed users, good for CQB and woodland.

The only bad things i can think of is that unless you buy a large foregrip, you will have to use small batteries, and that the gun is heavier than most.

How many hours does the mini battery last one the G36C? Also if you buy a large foregrip it it make the gun look less like the real thing?

G36C, pretty solid construction, reasonably rapid rate of fire (It somehow feels faster than others I have used) I can't say anything about adding accesories because mine has a G36 conversion kit -I forget by who- on it and has no RIS rails on it anywhere, at all.

However the 5000 round box mag, while it looks a little silly on a G36C gives you 2000 rounds at a time to play with (obviously it needs winding up as any normal hi-cap and 3000 of the rounds are stored underneath the main compartment).

Even without the box mag the hi-caps have an amazingly intelligent device on them which I like to call "a plastic clicky thing" this handy-dandy little gizmo allows two hi-caps to be clipped together. As near as you are likely to get to die hard 2 without an MP5, or tape for the mags, or talking about guns that don't exist (Glock 7, the magic porcelain gun anyone?).

I can't say for certain but I think a decent powered battery can be crammed in a G36C, I wouldn't know because the kit on mine allows ample space for a 9.6V 1500MaH battery.

I own a G36, I wouldn't recomend it as a first time purchase. I DO have valid reasoning behind this . . Technical know-how. I have had to have my G36 apart so many times i've lost count! Don't get me wrong it is a beutifull piece of kit, ROF is immense and i wouldn't sell it to get my grannie a new kidney, but then again i learned how to do the many needed repair jobs on my first guns on the odd occasion they went wrong. I just think if my G36 (other people's who i've spoken to as well) is anything to go by then on the gun repair front it'd be throwing them in the deep end.

As for my vote for best noob gun . . . Can i put it into categories based on budget please?

Money's no object: ICS M4 = a gearbox you could stake money on, good solid realistic construction throughout, versatile size for multirole purposes and shouldn't need upgrading to put you straight into the high league fps's, plus you can get a big Mhh Battery in the stock.

I've got money but it's only a hobby: G&G AK series = Again reliably constructed, very good fps, Big battery compartment in the stock, if you go for the shorter nosed version it can mutlirole well.

I love airsoft but i'm not loaded: TM Famas = Reliably built, Big battery compartment in the front, lightweight And bullpups are the ultimate in multirole

Sub note: what i mean by multirole is the ability to be used in compact enviroments whilst still having enough barrel length ect to reach a good distance.

My choice would be the MP5 A4/A5 purely because it is so versatile and has many many add ons so you can customize it as you go.

I have also noticed that nobody has chosen the M16 A1/A2 why? it has a good rate of fire, many add ons, granted it is a large AEG and it is a bit creaky but it is still a good AEG. B)

I agree...the MP5 A4 was my first AEG and it worked pretty well with me

• 6 months later...

speaking as a newbie, ive just bought my 1st gun, a dboys m4 acsv, £100 from airsoft world, might not be the best gun out there but for £100 you cant go wrong, the only think ive done to it sofar is to buy a desent battery for it as the one you get with it is poo, infact at 1st i was a bit miffed at its rate of fire but when i tryed the new bat a 8.4v 1500ah it was just as fast as the other guns at the sight i go to.

I would recomend the P90 (TM or CA - I have both) Great range and accuracy, whisper quiet with a silencer on, very manouverable and easy to aim with. Can use with one hand and can run around all day and not get tired. All that and only slightly more than the price of a clone.

The CA comes with battery and hicap, glasses, bb's and charger and is pre-upgraded, all with CA reputation.

JG G36C.

What he said! :)

I've been into this for several years now and have high end AEGs and custom built AEGs with custom built gearboxes etc.. My GF bought me a JG G36c for xmas last year and I was pretty much blown away with its performance out of the box (after cleaning the gunk out of the barrel and using a decent 9.6v battery)

• 4 months later...

Pretty much anything by Cyma or JG nowerdays.

AK is a bomb proof design. V3 mechbox, good hop unit, long barrel, can take large batteries (some varients) very high capacity hicaps... its made of win!

Its not an accident that so many hire guns are AK's...

Equally the G36 has pretty much the same advantages other than the battery. It has the folding stock and is a very nice looking gun for those who find the AK a bit old school.

Yup, to any new people I say 'Get a JG or Cyma AK47 or a JG G36C'.

AK is just perfect - large hicap, large battery, reliable gearbox, solid build, good hop-up unit, not too long and unwieldy, it's brilliant!

G36C is good for those who want something a bit more modern! Still has a solid build and the same V3 gearbox as the AK, large hicap, good hop-up, compact yet still more than capable outdoors! Only downside is the small battery, but the JG comes with a useable battery, so just get another one and you're set! :)

Stu.

Archived