Butter18c

On what basis do you workout?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. On what basis do you workout?

• Regularly
    • Most of the Time
    • Sometimes
    • Never

You can do a kind of a pull-up using a broom handle between two chairs and lying underneath it.. it's kind of an inverted push-up.. and more of a chin-up than a pull-up :) Give it a try, it's a good one and then you can do dips between the same two chairs :)

Good luck

Cheers

F

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drat - when I saw the topic I wanted to use this picture:

internetpenis.jpg

but y'all played nice.

Oh well. Most of my excercise is biking or running or kayaking. Not much into pumping weight anymore, not since half of my shoulder muscles are over-exerted (moral: do NOT attempt to go beyond known limits for no reason).

I do like pullups though.

Thanks Frangible

Yeah i am in the air cadets and we do mostly greens stuff so alot of bergans and stuff.

Recently did 30 miles run/walk for charity that was mostly up hills and stuff.

Also did my bronze dofe with some fit guys and tabbed most of it with a full issue bergan.

Can not do real rowing round here so is buying a rowing machine a good alternative

thanks for the info

Pariah

ps: also what kind of pace is that 6-7 minutes a mile jog, fast jog, run, sprint

Thanks Frangible

Yeah i am in the air cadets and we do mostly greens stuff so alot of bergans and stuff.

Recently did 30 miles run/walk for charity that was mostly up hills and stuff.

Also did my bronze dofe with some fit guys and tabbed most of it with a full issue bergan.

Can not do real rowing round here so is buying a rowing machine a good alternative

thanks for the info

Pariah

ps: also what kind of pace is that 6-7 minutes a mile jog, fast jog, run, sprint

You're welcome fella :)

Yes, as Butter18c says it's the 8-10 mph bracket which is pretty fast. If you can get your pace and stamina up it would mean you could run 10 miles in one hour - not easy but with work it's attainable.

If you think about someone like Paula Radcliffe she can do sub 6 minute miles for an entire marathon so a 6-6.30 minute mile is a damned good pace. If you can get yourself on a running machine it will give you a good idea of time/pace because they usually have a display with distance/speed on it. (For reference 1 mile = 1.6 km roughly). Another trick is to measure a set distance using a pedometer on foot or a mileometer from a car/bike, get a set route and see how fast you can run it. That will give you a good idea of pace. Running outdoors is usually more fun and a bit harder (wind, rain, dogs, people) but less boring than a machine IMO. If you're doing a 6 minute mile you'll be going at a fair old lick.

Rowing machines are a good means of exercise but rowing clubs tend to be good because they'll keep you fit with your mates. But you sound motivated anyway and are building-up nicely by the sounds of it - keep up the good work fella and congratulations for the DofE. Tabbing with a bergen will be one of the best ways to prepare if you're going for the infantry in the end.

Cheers

F

Me?

Sometimes...when I'm not doing computer stuff like writing code or playing halo pc. I know it sucks...I don't have an xbox though...yet :devil:

Maybe thats why I am chubbie....I only workout when i get a chance.

Thank you thread maker for making me relize the reason for my chubbieness.

~P

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

and buttons you are just a whipper snapper! and as far as exercise i walk some times but the most exercise i get is lifting a pint glass (and yes i alternate between both right and left arms)

LOL

I'm 33 and half so you're all just whipper-snappers to me ;)

Plus I wind my own watch, at least once a week; it keeps me a lean-mean-burger-eating-machine ;)

Cheers

F

Hwahey! Good, people mouldier than me :) *23

Frangible; 33? Respect :D

Why thang yew, young fella me lad.

(Pats Machineabuse on the head)

Now then, be a good young 'un and take this thruppenny bit down to the shop and get me a packet of Woodbines, a roll of snuff, a copy of the Racing Post, Max Bygraves' latest LP and a bottle of Dr Sloan's Patent Liver Tonic, Hair Restorer, Linament and Knee Fortifier.

Feel free to spend the change on a bag of gobstoppers or sherbert dips ;)

Cheers

Old Father F

PS God save the Queen.

Yeah, I'd be willing to bet that at more than half the forum members are under 25.

And then at least 1/4 of the forum memebers are under 30, and so on.....I'm too tired to type it all out. Just got back from Marching....Ewwweeeeeee. It is 96 degrees fahrenheit outside.....and we march on a blacktop....

Ouch.

~P

LOL

I'm 33 and half so you're all just whipper-snappers to me ;)

Plus I wind my own watch, at least once a week; it keeps me a lean-mean-burger-eating-machine ;)

Cheers

F

I'm 38 and a half!!! cant manage to wind my watch these days got me one of those new fangled quartz watch things, so i'll stick to pint lifting as my exercise cos you can watch football as well as exercising :D

I have never been bothered 'working out' as such. I go running when I'm a bit bored or feeling energetic, but thats about it.

I would say I'm physically in pretty good shape which is just symptomatic of playing a fair bit of sport, even though I eat so much ###### and spend far too long using a computer between home and work :P

I'm not going to win 'the world's strongest man' but I bet i could out run any of those beefcake types over 10 miles carrying a set of kit even if I cant lift some paticularly heavy stone balls onto a wall..

Ugh, I just started a pretty grueling daily workout routine and I HATE IT!!

I don't understand people who just love to sweat. Personaly I find marinating in my own juices completely disgusting.

Enh, but that's what I get for trying to get buff in just 3 months.

[/ A's $.02]

Sungods

DEAR LORD NO!!! I despise those things!!!

Two decent workouts a week for two hours then resting for the rest of the week should help you build more muscle.

Try three times a week. Maybe Monday, Wednesday, and Friday? Or whatever works. Also, as suggested, try upping your protein/carb (good carbs, mind you) intake. A whey protein shake before/after work outs helps, along with a healthy diet (3 solid meals a day w/ atleast 1 snack between each meal to keep everything energized).

For more information, try hitting up Extreme Fitness. I've learned a WHOLE LOT of information from those forums...

I really need to get back into a routine... My friends and I used to work out, but then my friend, who organized the work outs, went off to the Naval Academy =[. He's off getting in shape and we're here getting fat. I love it...

EDIT: for those of you looking for LOTS of muscle growth and fat loss at the same time - try searching Extreme Fitness for the Velocity diet. AYE! That's an extreme diet! (nothing but protein shakes, fiber, and other bits of nutrients and such =] ). The person who first started this diet lost 16 pounds (I think...) in four weeks while gaining muscle mass in the process.

Following my frankly murdered achilese tendons at Operation Distant Thunder this last weekend, I'll be making the effort to get my legs back into a reasonably decent shape for next time! Ye Gods, my aching legs! :(

Archived