Butter18c

On what basis do you workout?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. On what basis do you workout?

• Regularly
    • Most of the Time
    • Sometimes
    • Never

I don't understand people who just love to sweat.  Personaly I find marinating in my own juices completely disgusting.

[/ A's $.02]

LOL! Well I've never looked at it that way before.. it's weird though.. back in my teens when I first started training, I hated it too.. I'm a naturally lazy person who has to be motivated (read: kicked up the behind) to do something.. So, yeah, while you're training you sometimes think "What the hell am I doing this for?" but it gets addictive and when you don't do it, you miss it.. at least, that's been my experience.. YMMV of course :)

Training for something always helps - a tangible goal of some kind - as I always found training for training's sake really dull.

Cheers

Tangible Frangible :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll second that goal thing. Having a purpose to whatever you're doing is key. In my case it will be the ability to arrive quickly (on foot) and lift heavy objects (people). I'm not sure if there are physical requirements to doing EMT/Paramedic work, but it sure as heck can't hurt.

Speaking of hurt, my muscles are p*ssed @ me this morning. What's a good drug to calm them down? Ibuprofen? Acetemenophen? Vallum?

I'll second that goal thing.  Having a purpose to whatever you're doing is key.  In my case it will be the ability to arrive quickly (on foot) and lift heavy objects (people).  I'm not sure if there are physical requirements to doing EMT/Paramedic work, but it sure as heck can't hurt.

Speaking of hurt, my muscles are p*ssed @ me this morning.  What's a good drug to calm them down?  Ibuprofen?  Acetemenophen?  Vallum?

Ibuprofen's always worked pretty well for me, though I did read an article which suggested it doesn't work so effective for women (though they weren't 100% sure why that should be). The topical gel is quite good too. Some swear by Voltarol..

A really hot (as hot as you can stand) bath with something like Radox (not sure if you get it in the US, mineral salts, herbal essences and all that) also seems to do the trick to some degree (but not if it's a hot day obviously) :)

Sounds like good training for what you're going in for - good luck to you, it's a worthy career and a definite goal for your training.

Cheers

F

I always find that some deepcool stuff jog for a bit with that then blast yourself with deepcool makes me feel great.(jog for as long as it takes the first lot to wear off)

Or just run till you puke always good for me

The only reason i do it is because i feel horrid and lazy in the morning a good jog or bike wakes me up, i like the pain, makes me go faster.

Also if you have problems with commitment to a program just remember

IT MAKES YOU LOOK HARD MAN

Half the reason i train is because i can not bear letting someone i know beat me at anything

Pariah

Archived