would you buy and armalite if...  

192 members have voted

1. 1. would you buy and armalite if...

• America didn't use them as a primary asualt rifle
    • Everyone didnt have one
    • Some other country ued then as a primary asualt rifle
    • They looked better
    • They were more comfortable to use
    • I already did buy an armalite (please state why)

I'm going to buy one, mainly because they have lots of parts available and id prefer an all metal gun. I don't love the look of them, i prefer the look of Steyr's, Famas's and P90's. But it isn't an ugly gun, and it should perform well.

Edit-Dissschord, is it shooting over 328 fps from the box? if so thats really annoying.. ill have to get a different gun :(

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But yes its not very ergonomic to say the least.

Since playing for a game with one the other week (my FAMAS died briefly <_<) this is my main argument against them. The controls just aren't designed for human beings, rather some sort of double jointed super-apes with thumbs that bend backwards >_<. Sure, it's got a longish barrel and good power, but that's no good if it's a hassle to reload and change fire modes. Give me an H&K or even an AK every time.

Since playing for a game with one the other week (my FAMAS died briefly <_<) this is my main argument against them. The controls just aren't designed for human beings, rather some sort of double jointed super-apes with thumbs that bend backwards >_<. Sure, it's got a longish barrel and good power, but that's no good if it's a hassle to reload and change fire modes. Give me an H&K or even an AK every time.

Huh? I have no problems changing mags/fire modes....since the day i got it....

You think the real steel M16 is rubbish? Then use a real steel SA80! Geez we really should replace them. All who want the british army to get XM-8s say aye.

I use a 'real steel' SA80 quite regularly as im in the TA, there's alot of talk about them being unreliable and generally crappy, but aslong as they are well maintained i.e an oil after each exercise and a quick scrub down they work fine. Also many bad aspects of the SA80 was fixed for the A2 these include:

- internal machining to clear feed and extraction paths

- new breech block and bolt

- new extractor and ejector with spring

- new recoil springs

- new firing pin

- new cocking handle

- entirely new magazine made from pressed steel

- new gas plug and cylinder

- new hammer

- new barrel extension

- new barrel (LSW only).

Ok, my duty of defending the MOD is over...Aye the XM-8 would be fantastic, something about the SA80 just annoys me...

Ergonomics are a bit of a problem, the only thing for me is the grip is a tad too small and the ridge at the back causes blisters if I run about much with my large armalite in one hand, mostly because it's got a gas M203 on the other end.

I can see how this would happen after a little more use in the normal way though, so for ergonomic design I would vote for the AUG, and most H&Ks.

However, at the end of the day, no collection would be complete without at least one armalite :)

Real Elcan? If so then niiiice :D I'm always jealous of real professional sights, but all that can wait for post VCR land, if we're allowed them.

The question (for me) is: I have a heavily customised M4 with folding stock and SVD flashider, and an M16 with heatshield-style M203 on it, but do I get a regular M4 with the std sliding stock?? I thing I might have to get the Marui XM177 springer to complete the set!

Real Elcan?  If so then niiiice :D I'm always jealous of real professional sights, but all that can wait for post VCR land, if we're allowed them.

I actually play with a few guys with real ones, but then again they were issued, so I suppose its a bit diffrent then going out and buying it..

I'd buy an armalite if It fit my loadout, which it doesn't. maybe, after I get issued my Cadpat BDU's I might do a Canadian Forces loadout with an armalite but until then I'll stick to my AK

Archived