would you buy and armalite if...  

192 members have voted

1. 1. would you buy and armalite if...

• America didn't use them as a primary asualt rifle
    • Everyone didnt have one
    • Some other country ued then as a primary asualt rifle
    • They looked better
    • They were more comfortable to use
    • I already did buy an armalite (please state why)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And for all of you that refuse to call your ICS M4's "armalites", you'd better stop calling your ICS SW-5's MP5s too.  They have Special Weapons Inc. markings.  Making them SW-5s.  Not MP5s.  MP5s are made by HK.  ("so why isn't it HK-5?" because it was the HK94 before being named the MP5 by german police).

My point is this: Who Cares!?!  So you call it a colt, or an M4, or an M15a4, or an armalite, or whatever.

Indeed.

In airsoft I call em "armalites" simply cos it's a handy generic term.

If you talk about M4s then somebody will ask if you mean XM177s and M16s as well. If you talk about M16s then people assume you mean the rifles rather than the carbines.

"Armalite" is a generic term in the same way I call my carpet-cleaner a "Hoover" even though it's made by Dyson.

If I was to talk about Dysons, everybody who owned a Panasonic, Philips or Whirlpool carpet cleaner would assume I wasn't saying anything that applied to them. "Hoover" is a nice, generic, term.

Same deal with the word Armalite.

Truth be told, I call them "Armalites" cos that's what Sting called them in the Police song "Invisible Sun". It seems like a concise way to sum up any gun that an American soldier might be using and gets across the image very well.

hmmmm.... I've been sitting around for ages trying not to buy an armalite varient.... purely because I would prefer an M14, G3A4, or an SLR (FN FAL) or maybe even a P90... but in this world of airsoft I feel I gotta go for a CA armalite cause its a lil bit shorter than the M14... and all metal

hmmmm.... I've been sitting around for ages trying not to buy an armalite varient.... purely because I would prefer an M14, G3A4, or an SLR (FN FAL) or maybe even a P90... but in this world of airsoft I feel I gotta go for a CA armalite cause its a lil bit shorter than the M14... and all metal

Indeedy.

In the end, that's why I bought my ICS M4. It's a bloody great gun. That fact that it looks like an M4 is just a side-effect.

people still judge the m16 by the way it was in vietnam sheesh

Pffft!

People still judge the L85 by the way it was in 1986. Get over it.

In the most recent tests, the L85 out-performed the M4 in MRBF tests but the L85 will always be "unreliable" whereas teh M4 will always be "patriotic".

Go figure.

I got my Armalite cause I used them in real life, they are the most versatile weapons platform around and to me, they look cool.

-CQB (M4 DEVGRU)

-Precise firecover (M16A4 ACOG, SPR)

-Woodland (M16A4)

-Urban (M4A1 M203)

With the amount of addons available both in the real world and in the airsoft world, a M16 weapons platform can be put together to meet mission demands.

For a Brit SF MilSim setup. As they are the clostest thing to Diemaco's (oh wait that's me)

i already bought one because...

a) i do milsim and armalites are used by many sections of the brit special forces

b ) i like there looks

c) there is lots of accesories for them

Wot they said :)

BTW - 16s aren't just used by UKSF, they're used by Gurkhas, and others, in very hot, humid climates. Places like Belieze, Brunai, at al, i.e. places where Jungle training/Ops are the norm for our guys. Also, Pathfinder Platoon use 'em too.

xm-8s am teh suxxors, teh armalites am b3tt3r.

and the xm-8 is soooo ugly...

Armalites... better... :rofl:

Gentleman the last thing a soldier should be worried about is look. Also the XM8 looks better than every AR-15 I know. Last but not least: The XM8 works and doesn't fail like AR-15 BS...

i'm talking about airsoft...

and the xm8, is possibly one of the worst looking guns i've seen IMO.

but to some people armalites are one of the worst looking guns they've ever seen... but they are wrong :P

I didn't buy an armalite because the Fa-mas was so much cheaper, and then the AK goes with every outfit, a bit like red sauce, but i'm not goin to call it ''Heinz'' because their are many different versions of red sauce like the Tesco's brand or the extra strong Burger King brand

Already bought an armalite. They are cheap and there are a plethora of upgrades and accessories...

~P

Exactly. Simple, huh?

I thought it (M16A2) looked really mean on the wall there, so I picked it up with two large batteries and a 450rd hi-cap for $250. With the trademarks all intact (This is VERY RARE here in the states) I just couldn't pass it up.

And if you don't like the looks, then hack away and call it a Patriot

I voted i have an armalite cause i do! lol.. and Why? becasue everyone has one.. and they have one for a reason.. Would The U.S. use a rifle desighn that isnt good? NO! so if the real steel design is good then the airsoft style sould be too.. so i cought one and im not going to go and buy every damn upgrade for it.. a scope, maybe an R.I.S. and a 203 my armalite kicks *albatross* and its all ill ever own... :)

Archived