TokyoHobby.net, wwiiguns.com, TokyoCentral Hobbies BEWARE

wildstallion

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I ordered twice from TH about two years ago, the first one about $2,500. It took about 5 weeks to receive the order in a MASSIVE box, but I didn't receive about $30 worth of bits and bobs. They refused to refund me, and said I could only have a credit on future orders. I ordered somthing for around $100 (think it was a pistol) got my discount and got it within three weeks.

They did include a few freebies because I was ordering a large amount- I got a nice book (in japanese) on how to customise guns, complete with nearly all the modifications you can get for all the TM guns, and a few other bits n bobs.. gun retention straps I think (about the most useless freebie ever)

I wonder if this was before he started getting lots of orders, and fell behind. 5 weeks was not a quick delivery time on the first order, but I've had worse from retailers like WGC. (kept me waiting 13 weeks once, because they hadn't updated their website to show "out of stock" on a rifle)

NOW, after all these reports, I wouldn't touch tokyo hobby with a barge pole, but at the time I don't regret it, the prices were certainly the best.

I wonder how many people he screwed to get my order to me, and how many times over each item was paid for by other people.

I feel dirty...

There is an ongoing fiasco that involved TH to the tune of around $40000 in the canadian airsoft community. It's been almost 3 years now, and I would say at least $10000 of merchandise was never shipped out by TH, and probably never will be.

I wouldn't consider placing an order with them even an option, regardless of how cheap they may be - odds are you will just lose your money.

I love this 'article' here on wwiiguns.

http://www.wwiiguns.com/display_articles.php?id=6

MOSTLY (if not all? ) cutnpasted from 2 other people.

and it is 'written by'

Maschinengewehr 42 (MG42) and Shoei MG42

History compiled from German Infantry Weapons 1939-1945 (Terry Gander) and German Automatic Weapons of World War II (Robert Bruce)

By M. Nakamura, WWIIguns.com

:o

This was posted April 1 2005 on the RR forum, by 'admin'...

Yeah, few people have emailed in about that and I see the front page too. Personally I find it ridiculous attack from the webmaster's part - it's quite interesting why he would want do such things. This website isn't what he implies. More to follow on later after we have discussed in what extend should we get involved in what seems to be particulary poorly judged action.

I have felt that Arnie has been against this website from the very beginning, but I will not comment further because it is our SOP not to get involved with politics.

http://www.renegaderecon.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2537

:blink:

-WMH

It'd just be nice for "HQ" to say that he's not linked to TokyoHobby, but having a Finnish designed website hosted at the same company, sharing the same surname, and with the links to W2 and JapAirsoft.. I can't think of much that explains it any other way.

It's not like anyone's accusing Recon of fraud, merely at worst being linked to or friends with TH.

Recon posts news that folks find interesting, it just seems a darned shame that it looks this way. As far as I know they have evaded every question on the subject of the TH link. Hopefully I might get an email back from the one I sent but I don't hold out much hope.

Exactly... All HQ had to do was reply to my (or anyones) email and say 'oh we know that but.., or no, you're wrong.'... But instead they appear to be in damage control there...

The only thing that does not make any sense is the surprisingly useful content coming in at RR; like you said Arnie, the news...

-WMH

http://www.renegaderecon.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2537

RR's forum admin assumes that you were against them from the very beginning, which I disagree totaly.

EDIT: I don't see any banner or advertisment of wwiiguns, th or japanairsoftguns? no banners, no link to the retailer. Also I couldn't find any thread promoting these shops on their forum. Is it just me can't find? If that so, would anyone could give me a link? I want to check them out.

I've never had any dealings with Recon myself so really had no opinion on them at all. They have a website that's well designed and a good resource of news direct from Japan for all.. plus it's all in English which is great.

Their name purely cropped up because someone mentioned it earlier in this thread (I think it was WMH) concerning the news links and then the wierd similarities that appeared between them. If they've never advertised the two Japanese websites before anyone knew about them then I doubt anything would have been spotted.

I hope that none of anything I've written comes across as an attack even if it bears 100% true. It's information plus an opinion that's it.

I'd like to add some facts from Finland.

First of all Miki(o) Nakamura has infact been here in Finland and is a male.

Second, he also had another business here by the name Impact Store, this store was just like all his other businesses, took money but never delivered the goods.

I just thought you guys should know that he certainly has more history in the "fraud-business".

Thanks for the links WMH

I belive anyone could ask RR to post their banners with bit of credit but since we have these facts, it just smells fishy, don't it

This nakamura guy really need to be placed in jail. he is causing lots of trouble around the world. Does he think he can mass with us and get away with it because he is in Japan or something.

Is interpol can do anything about this? fraud agency or something. Just an idea. I mean we got evidance, people to testify and all that. I think if we find the organisation deals with this kind of problem, we could sort it out?

Hmmm, well I've looked at both sides of the article, and I have really come to this conclusion: I believe we are at a state that wouldn't allow anyone to make a full on decision on who is who and if this person is connected to whom. And here's why:

Firstly, so they use the same domain... They're an airsoft information website based out of japan. Obviously other companies (though not with the best reputations) have used the same domain. So what? I have a myspace. That doesn't mean that I am "teenaged girl" who wants you to watch my webcam.

As for the alias. Micheal. So what if he goes by an alias. Nakamura, Micheal, Shizuka, whatever. The thing is, he probably wants an alias. I'm sure that it would be a good idea when you are connected to a information site to a controversial activity (Let's face it, as far as the media is concerned, airsoft is paramilitary.) Not only that, but on the internet, isn't it a good idea not to give out your identity? These days it is one of the first things you learn at school while dealing with the internet...

And finally, he is interested in making money. So, he sells advertisement space. Either to put money towards new toys to review (let's face it, he's got lots of stuff that he's reviewed and raffled off...) or just to make some money off of one of his hobbies.

So to conclude my facts, I do believe that all this information just isn't holding water. Then again, I wouldn't say go out and spend $15,000 on airsoft guns from Japan Airsoft. But, I think that pointing the finger at Renegade Recon might be a little extreme.

Then again, I'm not complaining that it's a bad idea for Arnie to be posting this information. I do believe that Arnies Airsoft has done an excellent job trying make the world better for the airsoft enthusiasts, and that is accomplished in my opinion through knowledge and unity. That being said, we can't go running around screaming "Witch." As of now, I think the only finger we can point at is Tokyo Hobby. Maybe this conflict won't be resolved until the owner of Tokyo Hobby is put behind bars as he deserves. All I'm saying is for the people looking into this matter or just breezing through it, to think twice before jumping to a conclusion.

~Tyler

I have seen no conclusion yet, nowhere, apart from past, certain fraud made by Miko Nakamura.

So I do not understand your point, unless you are just foreseeing someone pointing their finger thus trying to prevent it.

I say again, no one has pointed no finger on anything just yet. More information and responses have still to come out - if they ever will - though a big warning has been sent out. Which, after reading the facts (facts) is plain right, if not even needed.

I for one - even personally involved in recent happenings - haven't drawn any personal conclusion yet. I am still observing, though I feel some clarification should be brought out from RR side in the immediate future.

The real issue to me is that news items came out (which I myself cross-posted from RR), these were information from and contained ads for WWIIGuns.com, see this thread:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...?showtopic=9825

Then, when it was found (in that thread, first mentioned by PlasticMag actually) about the TH/WWIIGuns.com link, people tried to contact RR to warn them. No response... Usually, a community airsoft portal would be quick to warn users of any scam or scam-related thing... Wouldn't they?

-WMH

Archived