Eo-Tech Holo-Sights

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you need to hide the battery wires alittle better but you're otherwise GTG

:punk:

Yeah deffo, my friend was supposed to do them for me (as I have no money for paracord cos I spent it all on a eotech :P;) ), I shall badger him to no end till its done!

all you need now is a crane stock, wilcox AP mount, and an aimpoint :P

then it will look 10,000 times better :)

NEVER! :D I dont like the feel of the crane stock (which would actually solve the battery wire issue too)....well I do, but not as much the standard 3 point stock :D, I do have an Aimpoint (Wilcox mount on the shopping list) but think I'll use my Eotech, it is simply t3h w1n!!11!

NEVER! :D  I dont like the feel of the crane stock (which would actually solve the battery wire issue too)....well I do, but not as much the standard 3 point stock :D, I do have an Aimpoint (Wilcox mount on the shopping list) but think I'll use my Eotech, it is simply t3h w1n!!11!

heh, thats cool, it looks fine with the original AR stock anyways. btw, arent original AR sliding stocks 5 positions?

hum, iunno i would prefer the wilcox and the AP with your setup. but w/e to each his own :P

Having used both (though the aimpoint is a fakepoint:P) I definitely prefer the Eotech, I prefer the reticule and just because the actual screen is bigger, I find it a lot easier to use!

As for the stock, it has 3 different positions, 4 if you include when its fully closed, so technically you could call it 4 but I've always referred to it as a 3 position stock even though I use the stock in the closed position :P.

The 553 uses Lithium 123 batteries, where the 551 uses N-size batteries, and the 552 uses AA-sized batteries. The 553 offers 1100 hours of continuous runtime while the 552 offers either 1000 or 600 depending on battery type and the 551 offers only 200. The 553 is submersible to 66 feet, while the 552 and 551 are both submersible to 33 feet. The 553 also weighs slightly more than either the 552 or 551.

Edited by Jagdraben
Have you ever tried taking one of those off?  Those put serious wear on any rail...  :rolleyes:

Er, if you do it right it shouldnt leave any wear on the rail.

Brace yourselves, here is THE gayest method on the planet of taking the tangodown VFG off of your guns.

You guys remember the four zip ties that came with the VFG? Take the square box end of the zip tie and depress one of the latches. Put the square box into the hole over the depressed latch so that said latch can no longer raise. Repeat this four times and slide your VFG off of your gun.

Like i said, this is THE lamest way possible to remove the rail since its almost impossible to do in the field. I mean seriously, who in their right mind is going to have zip ties available in order to remove their VFG? Still, at home, when no one is shooting at you, i have found that this method is by far the best way of doing it. I can put on and take off a tangodown grip in under 10 seconds, its just that easy. It also prevents your paint from being scratched.

• 4 weeks later...
Stay away from all clones and get a real one! ;)

I still don't understand why anyone chooses an Aimpoint over an EOTech. I've tried switching back to the Aimpoint numerous times, but after all the visibility the EO Tech provides, I feel like I'm looking through a straw.

Have you looked through a Real Aimpoint and Eotech side by side. Its a little presumptuous to be passing judgement on something based off it its copyright infringing chinese clone. Dont tell all the 1000's of mil/le/pmc guys across the world that use Aimpoints, they really bought into the lie it seems.

Edited by Azulsky
Have you looked through a Real Aimpoint and Eotech side by side. Its a little presumptuous to be passing judgement on something based off it its copyright infringing chinese clone. Dont tell all the 1000's of mil/le/pmc guys across the world that use Aimpoints, they really bought into the lie it seems.

I don't know, Matt and I both have EoTechs and Aimpoints and visibility of the EoTech really is superior. He has a 552 and I have a 553. We use our Aimpoints for certain loadouts, but I default to my EoTech. I also sold a LE SWAT friend of ours a 552 because his departement issue optic is an Aimpoint, but with all the new NV gear they have, he had to purchase an EoTech on his own to get full benefit of his NV gear.

Go buy a 557!!! Because I want one!

Yeah, I'm not passing judgement based on chinese clones. My judgement is based on personal experience with the real deal and the experience of real LE associates.

Don't get me wrong, the Aimpoint still beats the pants off all other optics (and especially the irons), but it just falls short of the EO Tech in my opinion.

Well, I think that's actually an EOTech promotional shot, so you're probably right.

But it still doesn't take away from the fact that EOTechs rock!

Plus, most airsofters don't use NV anyway... so you can just use both eyes open "like you're s'pose to" and have a full field of vision.

I'm skeptical of anyone who accuses a red dot of having a small FOV. Remember that the occluded eye sights that proceeded red dots and holosights were completely closed off - it simply doesn't matter because you're looking with both eyes.

Edited by RSP1
Plus, most airsofters don't use NV anyway... so you can just use both eyes open 'like you're s'pose to' and have a full field of vision.

I'm skeptical of anyone who accuses a red dot of having a small FOV. Remember that the occluded eye sights that proceeded red dots and holosights were completely closed off - it simply doesn't matter because you're looking with both eyes.

Perhaps it won't matter if you've got it mounted on an M4 all the time, but I know I hated the Aimpoint mounted on my SOC16. Stopped midgame to swap to the EO Tech. Part of it could definitely be personal bias and placebo effect though, I won't deny that.

As for me, I will never understand why people are pushing EO-Techs that much. I prefer the Aimpoint over an EO-Tech at any time.

The EO-Tech reticle ist diffuse and seems to consist of a lot of small dots

The 65 MOA ring often interfere a clear target aquisition at distances over 50m (not a poblem in Airsoft though)

At more than 100m it's completely useless IMO

I have to admit that there are a few advantages of the EO-Tech, like a little large FOV through the lens and a very fast aquisition at extremly close distances. But a conventional reflex sight could do the same if it had a larger diameter and a reticle like the EO-Tech. The holografic technology provides no significant advantage for me, despite the fact that it even would work if the lens is broken.

So, no EO-Thingy for me :). But as I've learned from various topics about optics and visual apperception, it's often very individual. Maybe the EO-Tech works better for your eyes than for mine, so it could explain your enthusiasm an my refusal of these devices. :)

Well for me, I have never used a real Aimpoint so i wouldn't know, but the battery life and brightness settings on my G&P Aimpoints can be really frustrating at times. I find that I have to put the Aimpoint on it's highest setting just to be able to see it well, and thus, I gave to change out batteries by the end of the day.

With the EOTech, there are over a dozen or so brightness settings, and that it uses AA Batteries (Well the 512/552 series do). Plus it has an auto turn off. However, I do realize that for a real Aimpoint I would get exponentially better battery performance. Real Aimpoints are supposed to have 1000-10000 hours of operation. Although from what I've seen, EOtechs are generally cheaper than Aimpoints. As for the reticle, I like the 1 MOA dot + 65 MOA ring over the 4MOA dot of the Aimpoint. Still, it's all personal preference really.

Now to decide if I want an EOtech again or an ACOG for my M4. :)