Eo-Tech Holo-Sights

Whats the brightness setting? It seems it's not low enough. The less light, the less brighter it should be, otherwise it will "bleed". This goes to any optics with illuminated reticles.

thats never happened with my eotech 511.. although it gets fuzzy when its too bright, but it never has multiple reticles as seen in the previous example.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this what you are looking for??

http://gggaz.com/index.php?id=58

Nope. Those wouldn't really help me mid game from a BB shattering the lens. I thought he meant that GG&G were making Lexan pieces to protect the lens and still allow you to see through it clearly.

What material is the lens protector made from?

it's made from polystryeen or something like that.

You can find it in your local DIY-store. They normally sell to kinds of this; normal PVC (is white, and more fragile), and this what I use (has a blue shine when you look at it from the side)

it's 4-5mm thick.

I glued it on with 3 drups of super-glue

Blarock86, where did you find the protectors? Any special directions for installing? How well do they hold up to hits?

Cheers,

Daniel

Try checking on YouTube. I remember when the protectors were first talked about here on Arnies, there was a video on YouTube with a guy firing full auto for about 7 seconds into the lens protector which was fitted on the EoTech. No damage (although there were some marks on the protector).

A protector is made to crack when hit. :P

The use of a protector is to protect the eotech-glass, so I don't care if my lens-protector breaks if it's hit by a bb.

That means it did the job (to make sure the eotech-glass doesn't break).

Many people say it's ###### when there protective-glass breaks, but that isn't the point of it.

the lens-protector on the last pic, I bought from a friend in belgium (he bought them probably from the guy on arnie's)

And yes, I superglued it, with 3 small 'dots' (it's glued on the krylon-paint, so if I have to remove it, it will be easy, I'll just have to repaint it a little).

Edited by blarock86

not sure if it counts, but here;s a picture of an Eotech on my compound bow. It's an eotech 520 and instead of the normal single reticule it has one circle with a dot in the centre and then a larger ring that goes round the outside of it. When you look through it it appears as though the small circle and dot is projected near the target whereas the larger circle stays in the sight. By aligning the two circles you eliminate bow torque and ensure the string is ligned up with the riser. It replaces the common peep sight and pin arrangement, but it allows you to see more of the target picture, shoot with two eyes open and later on into the evening.

This model was discontinued as Eotech had to focus all their efforts into producing sights for the American military once the war in Afganistan began.

If your interested I can take more pictures?

DSC00035.jpg