Eo-Tech Holo-Sights

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great looking gun

Thanks!

Kiki-Jiki, love the receiver! Megaforce lol!

Thanks, yeah I love that Megaforce trademark. :D

Lovin' that setup, Kiki-Jiki. One question, though - what the *fruitcage* is Megaforce?

Uhh...I'm not sure, lol. But it sounds cool. :P

Edited by Kiki-Jiki
Nah ACOG's >>> EOTechs :P

But jeeez kiki...how much did that set-up cost? And nice choice on Eotech...i like the shorter ones more than the longer ones.

The entire gun cost over $1500 not including labor costs (Yeah, I sent it to somebody for the very first upgrades) and shipping costs.

I also like the 511/551 more than the 512/552. On an m4, especially a CQB/R like mine, the 512/552 is just too long and it looks very awkward.

But no, EOTech = ACOG. I think ACOG's look good on m16s and full size m4a1s, but on smaller guns like my CQB/R the EOTech looks (and works) much better than an ACOG.

Neglecting look for CQB/R's (I agree with you that EOTechs look better) a ACOG with a Docter wins in functionality, it may not be the BEST holosight, but its attached to a ACOG, so you get the best of both worlds.

-RR

Edited by Plymouth Roadrunner
Neglecting look for CQB/R's (I agree with you that EOTechs look better) a ACOG with a Docter wins in functionality, it may not be the BEST holosight, but its attached to a ACOG, so you get the best of both worlds.

-RR

Yeah, but those look funky. EOTechs are just so...smooth and sexy. I just kinda prefer an EOTech even over an ACOG on a standard m4.

EoTech > Acog definatly, unless you need some distance.

QFT.

Lovin' that setup, Kiki-Jiki. One question, though - what the *fruitcage* is Megaforce?

For those of you born too late to witness pre-web win.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megaforce

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Megaforceposter.jpg

Sorry Danke, that's not the Megaforce that the Megaforce lower is referring to.

I know what Megaforce is...

Megaforce is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. Therein lies the conundrum...you do not know of Megaforce because you have no need to know. There are two ways to become aquainted with Megaforce. One is to be recruited by their talent scouts, The other is to wake up and see them blowing your *beep* up.

Anyways, on topic: Here's my AR w/ EO Tech 552.

IMG_0114.jpg

Nah, EoTechs are just as good as ACOG's in ranged fighting, just get a 3x magnifier and these new reticles:

2007-02-13_144917_M-4_reticle_eotech.jpg

Not to mention half the price for $600 you can get the Eotech 557 which has the above MOA as standard ! And its Bullet proof so it will last forever in airsoft terms !

Eotech is definately better than an Acog for Airsoft. Theres just simply no need for magnification in airsoft unless it's for spotting purposes.

But for real steel I feel like Acog > Eotech, but it depends on your requirements depending on how far your shooting at. An Eotech + Magnifier setup will also run you to about the same cost of an Acog and it's heavier.

Oh the replica magnifiers are junk, eye relief is terrible and the glass quality blows, fine for airsoft suxs for real steel.

Acog also has red dot characteristics if you train yourself to use it. I'm talking about the ones with fiber optics illuminated reticles.

Edited by DesertFox