Eo-Tech Holo-Sights

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know just what you mean about the blurry reticule. Though with me, I find as long as I focus on the target, it's clear.

Copy that, the reticle is blurry. Expecially if I'm aiming on very short distances. It's clearer on distances above 10, 15 meters.

Havoc, staticzero: You're supposed to keep both eyes open and focus on the target. If you don't, the image will be blurry. When you aim with the correct technique, it's very sharp.

I always aim with both eyes open and focused on the targert, but the problem is still existing. I guess it's a individual problem with the holographic projection. Some have it, some not.

Well it's not like your airsoft guns are that accurate anyway.  ;)

I wish someone would just make a simple red dot version for this for airsoft. Heck, even the Guarder ACOG Red Dots use some sort of holographic reticule system don't they?

Not holographical. That is one of the many features that set apart the eo-techs from the other sights out there iirc

:Dr_Evil:

A holographic site uses a laser projected through a hologram to create a reticule rather than a plain dot. I believe the ACOG sights with the reticules rather than the dots use this too.

I dont think so. I think that the acog uses the plain dot. Not the holo one.

:Dr_Evil:

lol, I forgot I posted this almost a month ago in the other thread. Looks good spoon, I've seen that setup before somewhere, :-)

DSC00029.jpg

Anyways, here's my current Eotech setup:

Commando4.jpg

Commando1.jpg

Now bear with me, but I'm seriously tempted to do a setup like this using the Aimpoint 3x magnifier:

photo5.jpg

A holographic site uses a laser projected through a hologram to create a reticule rather than a plain dot. I believe the ACOG sights with the reticules rather than the dots use this too.

Nope :)

The EO-Techs/Bushnell Holosights are the only sights I know that use a laser to project the reticle. All the other dotsights are a conventional reflex-designs. They have a light-emitting diod that projects a point or a reticle on a reflective-lens.

S3, got any info on this new eotech you speak of? Any help would be great.

Hola,

95EOTech_HMS_01.jpg

Discussion here: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/viewt...der=asc&start=0

One guy on the site said...

"Wait until you seen green anodized 553 made on SOCOM order and new final edition of EOTech Maginfier. Brilliant pieces! I compared it with Aimpoint Magnifier (with Comp M3) and Aimpoint is crappy compared to their new piece. There's also new reticle for Eotech scaled for marksmanship with 5.56mm up to 600m. Try to dig the pics out and place them in Equipment & Gear in a few days."