Eo-Tech Holo-Sights

with the 553 we gotta think about the point of its existence.  Its not meant to wow people with amazing new features, its merely just an evolution of the current design in conjunction with the SOPMOD block 2 package.

it might not be amazingly different but I like it.

Darkchild

Again however the features present in the evolution of that product don't seem to justify the almost 200 dollar price difference, that's what I think a lot of people are 'meh' about it.

Batou, no no, it's not too much of a task at all. However when the VFC SCAR starts being deployed as a package it will come standard, much like the M4 SOPMOD kit, with a tan 553. Frankly I think the 553 looks badass on the VFC SCAR, not so much on M4s or other guns. While yes you certainly have a point, just for authenticity I'd like to get a tan 553 to pair up with the SCAR especially for that Ghost Recon look.

So yeah I can see your point, it's just like if I'm going 553 might as well go tan. I guess we won't see any tan ones till more of the military contracts get filled. A local gunstore here in SC claims they can source me one, but I'm not shelling out 600+ when my 330 dollar 552 kicks such copious amounts of *albatross* currently.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my god, 3 eotechs and one of them is a 553?! I envy you.

no need to enny me.

u can get it, although the price may not meet your standard.

the reason i need to have 3 eotech is for different settting with different one.

examples will be:

551 for: G36C with KAC front flip up sight and rear flip up sight with medium rail

552 for: G36K with KAC G36K RAS, KSK top rail and single optic

553 for: G36K with KSK top rail and Aimpoint 3X

• 2 weeks later...
I want an EoTech. You rich bastards. But, I'll settle for an OD hooded Huricane replica %%1 or even better, a replica 552. On throw lever mount of course :D

552+ M249= Trouser Creaming amount of pwnage.

If your trying to be budget conscious, check out the bushnell holosights that tend to pop up on ebay. The holosight shares basically the same technology as the Eo (minus the NV capability of some models and the metal hood), and represents a very good value to the average airsofter.

sure it isn't a eotech, but nobody can fault you for owning one though.

If your dead set on wanting that metal hood look, then get the hurricane. As for me, i rather have the functionality of the holosight vs. getting a very good looking 150 dollar reddot, that performs no differently than a 30 dollar reddot.

Edited by mrblah

Here you go, a few pictures for giggles really.

The Eotech 551, is my brothers, I can't seem to focus very well with the Eotech, hence I haven't bought my own yet. I find the image unclear. (I have pretty good eyesight) I'll need to borrow it for a day's gaming and see if I can get used to it.

I decided to add a couple of night shots. The NV and Eotech look horribly aligned but still works. The image is much clearer in person and the reticule is crisp and clear. In the photo's it looks too bright but by eye it isn't.

Caw1_small.JPG

Caw2_small.JPG

Night%20view_small.JPG

Eotech%20NV%202_small.JPG

Eotech%20NV_small.JPG

:) I know,

I just can't seem to get a decent image of the reticule It's nothing like any of the photo's . It's just a horrible blurry mess.

My left eye is more dominent, and if I shoulder the weapon on my left the strong eye creates a better image, but its still a long way off useable.

I've tried with the Eotech at a variety of lengths but nothing greatly improves it. :(

I'm not sure dude, I've used them out to about 100 yards and they work fine with both eyes for me. I will say that I run D1 EOTechs because the target reticle is worthless in my opinion: it's too clutered, but that's not a focus issue.

Maybe there is something wrong with yours because it sounds like you are doing everything right.