Eo-Tech Holo-Sights

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patrick, its a new one and there is no ghosting :D - I bought it from eBaybanned.

My only issue with it, is that the dot sits to high. And I cant adjust it any further.... So I guess I will need to take it apart and adjust it manually. Thats the only negitive that I have found. Oh and, it doesnt say Eotech :P

anyone got an Eotech on a M4 with a CASV? if so could i get a side shot of it and a shot looking down the sights.

thanks.

PTW with real steel VLTOR CASV and Eotech 551 rev f

No down the sight view i'm afraid.

You also loose the coexist of the iron sights and eotech when using a CASV.

casv1.jpg

Edited by Kerbdog

eotech1.jpg

My 557, off Ebaybanned. Little ghostsight though, although you can only see it when it's dark outside, or the brightness is set too high.

Nice replica for the rest, full metal etc (doesn't have an ABS hood like I read somewhere)

OT

Eotechs have 2 year warrantys.

"EOTech warrants every product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 2 years from the original date of purchase."

At least if the information on L3 site isnt old.

There is a massive difference. It's like the difference between the crossman 1:3 scale clear guns to a Systema PTW. The display system is entirely different as well as the build being millions of times better on the real deal. Also, the real ones have lifetime warrantys.

They only have 2 years warranty or is that just because I live in Europe?

And yes there is a big difference, the reticle is holographic it looks like it's being projected onto your target.

Edit: Someone beat me to it.

Edited by Llama

For just airsoft I wouldn't bother with a real steal EO-Tech unless you're just looking for bragging rights.

However, for real steal use I would never bother with the replica EO-Tech 553, BUT the magnifier is tempting. I mean how hard can it be to do a magnification 3x optic with no internal wires? Seems like as long as the housing and glass weren't so cheap the fell apart you'd be good-to-go.

However, for real steal use I would never bother with the replica EO-Tech 553, BUT the magnifier is tempting. I mean how hard can it be to do a magnification 3x optic with no internal wires? Seems like as long as the housing and glass weren't so cheap the fell apart you'd be good-to-go.

you couldn't be more wrong dude. if you compare RS performance optics with replica stuff, you'll notice a few things...

1) quality of the "glass" and the associated light transmission percentage becomes really apparent at magnification

2) anti-fog, nitrogen charging. many RS optics have anti-fog coatings as well as nitrogen charged chambers to maintain fog free performance at all temperatures and humidity

3) less distortion of the image especially at the edges. and sometimes, better eye relief, and parallax.

don't get me wrong, theres nothing wrong with using replicas for airsoft. i plan on purchasing a replica ELCAN for my M249, because the real deal is too expensive and i wouldn't use it for RS anyways (over my eotech or aimpoint)

but to think a replica is equal to a RS scope, would be incorrect.

Edited by chillindrdude
you couldn't be more wrong dude. if you compare RS performance optics with replica stuff, you'll notice a few things...

1) quality of the "glass" and the associated light transmission percentage becomes really apparent at magnification

2) anti-fog, nitrogen charging. many RS optics have anti-fog coatings as well as nitrogen charged chambers to maintain fog free performance at all temperatures and humidity

3) less distortion of the image especially at the edges. and sometimes, better eye relief, and parallax.

don't get me wrong, theres nothing wrong with using replicas for airsoft. i plan on purchasing a replica ELCAN for my M249, because the real deal is too expensive and i wouldn't use it for RS anyways (over my eotech or aimpoint)

but to think a replica is equal to a RS scope, would be incorrect.

Where the hell did I say that the replica would be equal to an RS scope?

I simply questioned "how hard it could be to mess up a magnification optic."

The people in here who love to jump all over someone for zero reason are pretty funny.

For just airsoft I wouldn't bother with a real steal EO-Tech unless you're just looking for bragging rights.

uh huh, says you.

Are there any replica eotechs that have an actual holographic reticule? I'm not sure if the ones in the pictures here are just red-dot like reflections, but instead of dots it's an entire eotech reticule.

Maybe in the future but not atm. some repo's have the eotech reticle, but it isn't holographic.

Edited by mrblah