Eo-Tech Holo-Sights

They discontinued the archery model, so hes got a rare one, this was affective since November 2004. I know there still might be a few at Cabelas (HUGE *albatross* hunting store mostly in the midwest in the US). So im thinkin im goin to pick one up tomorrow, ive been thinkin about it for awhile but never saw the archery model on a gun. I guess ill have to hold off on my new gun for a couple weeks so I can get back my funds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so happy that I can finally post in this thread. Finally got mine yesterday. :D

post-4874-1130202213_thumb.jpg

post-4874-1130202241_thumb.jpg

Got it from a friend of a friend that got back from Iraq not long ago.

Can anyone tell what model it is? 550 maybe? It takes AA's and is NV capable, but the buttons look different from the new models.

Edited by LawVol
I'm so happy that I can finally post in this thread.  Finally got mine yesterday.  :D

post-4874-1130202213_thumb.jpg

post-4874-1130202241_thumb.jpg

Got it from a friend of a friend that got back from Iraq not long ago. 

Can anyone tell what model it is?  550 maybe?  It takes AA's and is NV capable, but the buttons look different from the new models.

IIRC the 552 is the only nvg compatible one.

:Dr_Evil:

• 5 months later...

Wow, a 511 and 512? Damn... actually I was considering getting a 552 right after I bought the 512 for absolutely no reason at all. It was like 2 in the morning though. :)

Now, I want a Surefire M900... :blink:

When will the madness stop?

When will the madness stop?

I asked that very same questions years and many thousands of dollars ago...simple answer, it doesn't.

Yeah a 511 and a 512 (maybe a 552) depending on the prices on them that I find, when I start hunting around for 'em. Gotta get my EBR setup first, I never buy optics before I get the gun they sit on. Yeah unless you need the NV setting the 512 works just as well as the 552. Same exact scope.

But yep, two eotechs for me, I love the 512 because it'll look better with the length of the M14 SAGE EBR.

Congrats on the purchase, man.

Yeah I was considering doing that myself. But my finger acted on the send money button before my sense of reasoning kicked in. ;) Not that I regret it, though. If I could do it again, I'd probably end up doing the same thing.

And I agree, if I'm spending that much money, I'd save up and put in the extra 15-20% for the EOTech.

Edited by davedawg123

The AA will last 500 (or was it 600) hours on alkaline and 1100 on lithium. The N will last 200 hours.

As for the #40 sight, I take it you mean will the sight and EOTech AA model all fit on the flat top receiver? If so, I actually did compare a few pics and saw that there were people who did fit it all on there. In fact, there might be a few pics in this thread like that.

Edited by davedawg123

Ok cool, i want the EOtech to butt right up against the BUIS....I think i will go with the AA version. Because if i ever goto Iraq i can take this with me and you can find AA's anywhere. N Batts are pretty hard to find sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...