Eo-Tech Holo-Sights

Well as Civi you will never have to face this decision. H&K sells no G36s to Civis and a real M4 is also not available for Civilians. So it's not just a Problem in California.

Spring Break !!! :D

Now thats were your wrong bucko. Matter of fact i have a real steel M4 made out in a swat style of course its not full auto but if i had the money it could be because any civi with the funds can get any full auto firearm that was in preduction be for the stupid weapons ban that idiot president Clinton came up with and passed. so all you need to get is a full auto sear made before the ban and register you lower reciver as a class 3 weapon reciver then you set unless of course you live in Cali. and if you do your sol.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Clinton ban had nothing to do with fully automatic Class III or Title 2 weapons.

Ok cool, i want the EOtech to butt right up against the BUIS....I think i will go with the AA version. Because if i ever goto Iraq i can take this with me and you can find AA's anywhere. N Batts are pretty hard to find sometimes.

It won't co-witness with your irons then, but that's not important if you only plan on using them if your EOTech fails. I wouldn't do that if I were you though because a good BUIS wont bug you when flipped up and it saves you that much time should your EOTech fail. (BTW if it were my life on the line I would get a Troy BUIS, they are far better than any of the competition for a number of reasons.) I had a good friend come back from Iraq and according to him the reliability of EOTechs is on par with ACOGs over there, which is saying a lot. Some of the guys aren't too big on Aimpoints downrange but then again SEALs swear by them so it's a difficult call.

At any rate I appreciate the service you are doing for our country and I hope you stay safe should you ever get the call.

Here's one I took of my 512. Hardly looks realistic...

http://eljack.bulldoghome.com/photos/BDRES...ge/CIMG1588.jpg

Do you mean the reticule? I noticed my 512 got a little fuzzy too if it was on the higher brightness settings. Dimming it down gave me this nice sharp image:

IM000861.jpg

i sold me eotech after 6 days, the laser hurt my eyes very bad even with the brightness down, and it was always super fuzzy no mater what

having an Astigmatism sucks...

mercy

I've got severe astigmatism (-4.5 or so in each eye) but I do fine with the EOTech. I think it has more to do with your focusing.

Are you wearing contacts or glasses? I'm using glasses, might be different with contacts.

teetee, which goggles do you use with glasses without fogging them up? I have a problem with glasses+goggles, which is why I use contacts. We have quite a few 24hours+ games coming up this summer, meaning I should get some goggles for my glasses..

Batou, I use the ESS NVGs but they only fit small frame glasses. Cutting out the foam on the top & bottom helps quite a lot. They've done quite well in CQB with the recent 25-30celcius weather.

The ESS LandOps and VehOps are supposedly meant to be able to be worn with glasses. I'm guessing they're just as good too (read: shotgun proof).

Here's my UMP with brand new eotech 511 f.

DSC_9723.jpg

One really cool thing I found tonight when messing around with the brightness: On the highest setting when it is pitch black, it projects the reticle backwards with stunning detail. This picture is not looking through the sight but is the reticle being projected backwards across the basement onto my washer. Totally impractical but cool nonetheless.

DSC_9738.jpg

hey if those eotechs were to get shot in the lense from an airsoft gun and it happened to break, you could still see the rectle just as clear as before right? Because it's just a hologram am I correct?

If thats not the case then are there any places to buy lense protectors?

hey if those eotechs were to get shot in the lense from an airsoft gun and it happened to break, you could still see the rectle just as clear as before right?  Because it's just a hologram am I correct? 

If thats not the case then are there any places to buy lense protectors?

Correctomundo. Goes for dirt too. As long as there's a single piece of the lens that's not damaged or covered by dirt, you can peek through it and hit what you're aiming.

I haven't heard of EOTechs breaking in airsoft use. If you're afraid it might, you can use 2 mm lexan to make your own pretty easily.

-Sale

The front of the sight can be completely covered and the sight will still work fine if you have both eyes open. The rear of the sight (closest to the eye) must have some section uncovered. My guess is it would still be usable since the front lens is there for protection only.

Read that havoc got his for £100 ish, but the cheapest i can find them is just short of £200.

Would be true if I had one! ;)

Never got one in the end. I had a possible deal lined up from *a source* to get them for just over £100 a piece, but it never came though. Such is life :(