Eo-Tech Holo-Sights

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had my Eotech 551.A65 for around 9months now. Used it pretty much most weekends for skirmishing.

Was on my G3-SG1. The claw mount is useless, and thus I've dropped the Eotech in the forrest about 5 times now (and yes- I ###### myself each time). Evertime its fallen off it's when I've dived trying to dodge a bb. Luckilly I've always found it (you miss not seeing through it).

This week I had to buy some new LR1 batteries for it. The hologram started flashing when I turned it on couple of weeks ago (so I thought I see how long it lasted).

Anyway, here is a pix (also posted under the 1k gun section). As said above, I've dropped it, bashed it into walls. As can bee seen, it is well used and worn - still works a charm. The 5c coin adjustment is also nice touch.

Bought it through E-Bay Canada. The guy took around 2 weeks to despatch (I'm guessing he buys in and resell to order).

DSC01533.jpg

• 3 months later...

511- Short, N Type, no NV

512- Long, AA Type, no NV

551- Short, N Type, NV

552- Long, AA Type, NV

553- Long, AA Type, NV, ARMS Mount

The 550 series are Military models

Well, I may as well throw another into the fray. I had the very good fortune to justify my purchase almost immediately: I had wrapped my 552 in a shemagh amongst my gear at one point in the back of our van. Forgetting this, I grabbed the shemagh, causing the Eotech to fly out, spinning through the air, skidding on the pavement. I approached with horror to notice a nice scratch on the hood - but the unit was fine, no problems at all :) +1 for built-like-a-tank Eotech.

The build on show is a Bestgun MRP kit with a Systema M130 drop-in mechbox. I'm just in the process of upping the battery from 9.6 to 10.8. It seems to want a little more oomph with the 130. I've tried to be true with my accesorizing, keeping LMT stuff up top, and knights stuff on the lower side. Since this pic, I have acquired the LMT fixed rear sight, real knights rail panels and a Surefire m900a. Will update. post-27286-1160095461_thumb.jpg

My current assortement of EOTechs: Model 551 and 552 both Revision F.

Like the 552 somewhat better due to its AA batteries, that last longer and are available everywhere.

Also notice the bent lever of the battery compartment, a huge improvement not only when wearing gloves.

Last but not least the 552 is easier to distinguish from the replica 551 made by Hurrican :).

171bd6ec.jpg

Edited by KWP
ooo you lucky dog that MRP kit is awesome, great replica of the LMT.  How is the hop up unit that came with the kit?

I'm so jealous you have no idea.

I've heard vague mentionings of problems with the hop-up, but I can't report that I've had any difficulties at all with mine thus far. I spent a lot of time researching and plinking with AEGs before I ever skirmished with them, thus this was the first gun I'd skirmished with and didn't really know what to expect of it. During the day a steady stream of people asked to check-out, test fire and generally ogle it, and everyone seemed universally impressed with the range and accuracy. This made me feel good about it of course, but seemed to point to the fact it performed as well if not better than any of the other AEGs out there that day.