• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the way my aug looks now... I really like the phantom, but I dont want it on this aug.

once I get one of the CA Aug's I will decide on putting a phantom kit on one of them. would be nice if CA came out with a phantom varient of the aug.

• 1 month later...

It took me several weeks to make this custom modification to a TM P226. I call it a P226-M (cause my name starts with an 'M' ). I took some styling cues from the HK P2000 and incorporated them into the standard P226 slide. The end result is a hybrid of the two pistols. The slide is also elongated to the length of a 1911 slide so as to house the massive lengthy barrel (I wanted more velocity oout of my pistol). Barrel also has a 14mm+ thread to accept silencers.

Custom pieces machined from aluminum (and powder coated matt black) include:

-slide

-rear sight

-front sight

-barrel/external chamber. (kept in sexy silver)

p226m-1.jpg

p226m-2.jpg

p226m-3.jpg

A real labour of love this one was...

Well, with the longer barrel in it, the speed went from 300 fps to 340 fps. Keep in mind the barrel increased in length by about 30%. I was hoping for a more dramatic increase but that may have to wait till I get the hi-flows installed.

I have yet to install a high flow or an upgraded hammer spring or an upgraded floating nozzle thingy. All the internals are stock at the moment. Will post the change in velocity after I install the internal upgrades I have coming in....