• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's crude to reenact SS troops but I don't want to start a political or historical discussion. There is always a bad taste by everything with swastikas. In general I don't get the sense of this thread, do you not have own pictures of yourself posing in the field?

tbh, this thread is USELESS without pictures of YOU re-enacting. nobody wants to see photographs of the war and real soldiers - not because we are against it, but because the idea of the forum is to see the MEMBERS in the pictures, not other people.

i also think its interesting to see the German guys reaction to this. i dont know why, its just interesting lol. :blink:

Edited by screamin_weasel
Me and a few of my friends had Grandfathers serving in the Waffen SS so we tought we should re-enact with our BB guns.

I like that. In honour of my grandad, I'll post up pics of my National Service load-out, circa 1949. It's mainly me looking bored in a hot country, wearing shorts.

itainthalfhotmum_2.jpg

Edited by doc_newstead

I yelled at this guy on ASR and I got my point across.

His grandfathers weren't in an anti-partisan unit. That's like saying that the regular SS were anti-partisan.

They killed and massacred partisans and those who supported partisans, including those who hid Jews from the puppet governments set up. The Handahar Division was about as noble as a pig's left testicle.

I do want to apologize to SS boy here, because I called him Croatian earlier. While I identified him with the Ustashi, even the Ustashi were not as filthy as this unit in particular, made up of Bosnian quislings and collaborators who killed all too many of my relatives and who are partially responsible for the breakup of Yugoslavia, leading to more dead family.

So, Dushman, what do you have to say to that? Will you click your heils and give us a nice 'Seig Heil?'

Of course, cut the racist some slack - he's just 11 years old, according to his profile, and obviously lacking in common sense.

Edited by PlasticMag

as an outsider to the personal side of things, i dont think there is a problem with him re-enacting the look, because they are not neccessarily supporting the actions, or the mentality of such a unit or even the SS as a whole, but they are portraying the uniforms, the weaponry and the individual who was in the group... so i think we should leave all the 'you racist' stuff out maybe... but as others have said... pretty pointless without pictures of you...

my 2 cents...

DM

Edited by DirtyMoFo
as an outsider to the personal side of things, i dont think there is a problem with him re-enacting the look, because they are not neccessarily supporting the actions, or the mentality of such a unit or even the SS as a whole, but they are portraying the uniforms, the weaponry and the individual who was in the group... so i think we should leave all the 'you racist' stuff out maybe... but as others have said... pretty pointless without pictures of you...

my 2 cents...

DM

You missed our fun conversation on ASR. :angry: But I'll leave that alone.

DM, do you really believe that this will happen? There never were any birds and bees when it came to this topic.

Anyway the inability to provide pictures of the things promised in the thread title is telling me enough already...I hope certain people will keep quiet because otherwise theyll get their asses kicked.

I can't see why you would want to be afiliated with that unit, whatever your heritage.

Because it is part of thier heritage.

I yelled at this guy on ASR and I got my point across.

His grandfathers weren't in an anti-partisan unit. That's like saying that the regular SS were anti-partisan.

They killed and massacred partisans and those who supported partisans, including those who hid Jews from the puppet governments set up. The Handahar Division was about as noble as a pig's left testicle.

I do want to apologize to SS boy here, because I called him Croatian earlier. While I identified him with the Ustashi, even the Ustashi were not as filthy as this unit in particular, made up of Bosnian quislings and collaborators who killed all too many of my relatives and who are partially responsible for the breakup of Yugoslavia, leading to more dead family.

So, Dushman, what do you have to say to that? Will you click your heils and give us a nice 'Seig Heil?'

Of course, cut the racist some slack - he's just 11 years old, according to his profile, and obviously lacking in common sense.

They are re-enacting the fighting aspect of a military unit. Not re-enacting killing jews.

And as I've always said, if you want to fight a normandy re-enactment, you're gonna need a few nazi re-enactors.

Can we not accept that a person with SS in their family background can "honor" their ancestors' bravery?! Sure the SS did some unspeakably evil things, but at the same time, we have to realize that they also fought bravely in real battles against real soldiers.

Everybody seems to want to play cops and robbers, but we all want to be the cops, huh? Give the kid a break. How many Soviet impressions are there on these forums?! They were no better! There's some really sick *beep* that Stalin had done. But you don't give those guys any greif over it.

Bunch of *fruitcage*-ing hypocrites. Grow up. It's just re-enactment.

Oh, and btw to all of you Vietnam re-enactors that might be involved in this arguement: it wasn't all knights in shining armour over there either.

Edited by expvideo

BTW, Doc, Sledge... You guys are hilarious!

And SS-Sturmmann,

While I am trying to back you up in your right to be proud of your ancestors, I do agree with the rest of the board in saying that if you aren't going to post pics of YOU in loadout, then STFU and stop posting flame-war threads.

Because it is part of thier heritage.

They are re-enacting the fighting aspect of a military unit.  Not re-enacting killing jews.

And as I've always said, if you want to fight a normandy re-enactment, you're gonna need a few nazi re-enactors.

Can we not accept that a person with SS in their family background can "honor" their ancestors' bravery?!  Sure the SS did some unspeakably evil things, but at the same time, we have to realize that they also fought bravely in real battles against real soldiers.

Everybody seems to want to play cops and robbers, but we all want to be the cops, huh?  Give the kid a break.  How many Soviet impressions are there on these forums?!  They were no better!  There's some really sick *beep* that Stalin had done.  But you don't give those guys any greif over it.

Bunch of *fruitcage*-ing hypocrites.  Grow up.  It's just re-enactment.

Oh, and btw to all of you Vietnam re-enactors that might be involved in this arguement: it wasn't all knights in shining armour over there either.

I agree with most of this, essentially the idea of honoring the men not the idea (even though the Polish side of my family were those partisans these SS units were after), but just a few little nit-picky things. 1) Not all Germans were 'Nazis', in fact by the end of the war, not even all SS soldiers were Nazis. 2) As one of the few 'Nam reenactors here (not saying the only one...) I can tell you that the main reason I do Vietnam is exactly because most people believe that what happened over there is exactly the opposite of "knights in shining armor", which is almost totally over played by the media to a people that had always been protected from the true face of war. The problem is war is a terrible, gruesome thing. Not just the actual fighting, but the changes a person goes through and what they do under those pressures. I could tell you endless amounts of horror stories from WWII and Vietnam, committed by both sides. For instance, some of you may have heard of American soldiers taking ears of dead NVA/VC... many, many stories of the same stuff from GI's in the Pacific during WWII or even from the paratroopers in Normandy. The main difference being the 'enemy', from our perspective, (a ka Germans, Japanese, NVA, Viet Cong etc) did things that were often even more agaisnt basic human rights, or in a better word, dignities... Tortures that I will not post here, not just trophy hunting.

Sorry for the rant, but it seems my life's mission at this point is to help people understand.

Thread maker, when you've got pictures of yourself, PM me and I'll reopen this.

Regular members, you don't like what's going on? REPORT!?! Say what you don't agree about and we can sort it out. :)

Otherwise thread closed.