?I dont know?

CommandoBoy

ANY US impression will be done again and again to the point of being mundane, just look around a bit and you'll see exactly what I mean...

But naturally I'm going to have to say KSK, Flecktarn and H&Ks are just so cool :)

why not go for British DPM? undoubtedly the pwetty camo out there :D . I doubt you get too many at your local skirmish running round in it either so another plus.

It also gives you an excuse to say tally-ho and bloody hell alot, along with drinking tea in quantity, whislt waving a union jack, singing god save the queen :P

Cheers

Mig

why not go for British DPM? undoubtedly the pwetty camo out there  :D . I doubt you get too many at your local skirmish running round in it either so another plus.

It also gives you an excuse to say tally-ho and bloody hell alot, along with drinking tea in quantity, whislt waving a union jack, singing god save the queen :P

Cheers

Mig

I dont think anybody at my local site has DPM. I like the camo and I love saying god save the queen.

ANY US impression will be done again and again to the point of being mundane, just look around a bit and you'll see exactly what I mean...

But naturally I'm going to have to say KSK, Flecktarn and H&Ks are just so cool  :)

Destrukto is correct about the US impressions. There are so many out there, it's just a matter of time before you find yourself on a field where everyone looks like a SEAL/Marine/Ranger. For many of us, this leads to a preoccupation with AKs, H&Ks, and shemaghs.

I've never seen anyone skirmishing as a US Navy Corpsman, or a JAG officer?

I've seen one corpsman-esque impression. JAG officer would be funny, albeit short-lived before the dress whites got smudged. Even the khakis wouldn't hold up too well. Besides, the person would be instantly owned if a commanding officer decided to go ahead with a captain's mast and kept the JAG out of it entirely.

I've considered going with a US Coast Guard boarding team member for CQB. Beretta and shotgun or M16. Throw on a black vest, blue ODUs, gun belt, and Oakleys. It'd be different.

TBH, Airsoft can be a load-out in it's own right.

A Navy SEAL or Marine looks like he does cos the gear he's been issued makes him look that way. The gear he's been issued has been thought through and issued to give him the best opportunity to complete his mission.

It's not the same mission as airsoft.

Some of the "scariest" players I've seen are ones who show up on site with weird kit and you think "What's that all about?" but, when they start playing you soon realise that thier kit has evolved with the specific intention of helping the guy play airsoft.

To me, THAT is the ultimate load-out rather than mindlessly replicating Delta or Marines load-out.

TBH, Airsoft can be a load-out in it's own right.

A Navy SEAL or Marine looks like he does cos the gear he's been issued makes him look that way. The gear he's been issued has been thought through and issued to give him the best opportunity to complete his mission.

It's not the same mission as airsoft.

Some of the "scariest" players I've seen are ones who show up on site with weird kit and you think "What's that all about?" but, when they start playing you soon realise that thier kit has evolved with the specific intention of helping the guy play airsoft.

To me, THAT is the ultimate load-out rather than mindlessly replicating Delta or Marines load-out.

True.

I came to a conclusion that I will use my head and create my own loadout. I think that all of the real Marine gear will cost or take forever to find. I will post what I will or think i'll buy. But here are some inspirations that came from my loadout:

Me of course

US Marine ForceRecon [a little]

Xzibit in xXx:State of the Union during the part when they attack the tank and are in the chop shop when they are gearing up for war.

Archived