?I dont know?

CommandoBoy

ANY US impression will be done again and again to the point of being mundane, just look around a bit and you'll see exactly what I mean...

But naturally I'm going to have to say KSK, Flecktarn and H&Ks are just so cool  :)

AUh but tis is the reason Im a merc.

WHat should I do. Should I do a impression on my favorite forces like the USMC, NavySEALS, 82nd ABN, 10th MTN DIV, KSK, and Spetnaz. Or should I just go all out and think up my own loadout. COuld you guys help me.

Go with the Spetsnaz. AK74M, some Les or Kamysh camo, a good vest, and you're set.

www.red-alliance.net

TBH, Airsoft can be a load-out in it's own right.

A Navy SEAL or Marine looks like he does cos the gear he's been issued makes him look that way. The gear he's been issued has been thought through and issued to give him the best opportunity to complete his mission.

It's not the same mission as airsoft.

Some of the "scariest" players I've seen are ones who show up on site with weird kit and you think "What's that all about?" but, when they start playing you soon realise that thier kit has evolved with the specific intention of helping the guy play airsoft.

To me, THAT is the ultimate load-out rather than mindlessly replicating Delta or Marines load-out.

Can I get an "Amen!"?

How often does someone show up at the game, lugging a full stock MP5, wearing a ball cap, OD uniform, and belt with four pouches and then procede to rock the field? Too many. Watch the guys with the tactical gear, looking like a BHD extra get owned as they lug their SPRs up hills, trying not to damage their gear, and therefore, never dropping to the ground.

I've found throw many welts that one must wear their gear, and not the other way around. Tighten straps, practice mag swaps and never get caught adjusting the fit.

My favorite piece of gear has become a green flight suit. Gear doesn't pull the top up and the belt doesn't drag the trousers down. Perfect. It doesn't look as cool as some of the desert sets, and it isn't as effective as camo like the new digicam, but I'm comfortable and that is my top priority.

I'm striving for an "Airsofter who rocks" impression. Maybe someday I'll get it. In the mean time, I'm trying out ever more pragmatic approaches to equipment. Got a P99 NBB on the way. More reliability, range, and grip comfort. Forget the blocky heavy metal Beretta. Actually looking at getting a full stock MP5 after talking to, and watching quite a few of the best airsofters. Good battery and upgrade capacity with light weight and small mags. Put the Eagle CIRAS order on hold while I developed a ridiculously light web kit. In short, I'm trying out a setup that would work for an airsofter.

Let you know how it goes.

I followed sids philosophy of making gear that helps you rather than replication someone elses.

After trying god knows how many belts, vests, harnesses, and such. I came out in the end with a darker navy blueish flight suit and a vest that makes me look like a SWAT officer. It wasn't intentional, but goddamnit it works damn well for me. And that's all that effing matters.

Bah to you all!

My ultimate setup:

- Brown starched desert tan khakis with a demented smiley face patch on the right shoulder and plenty of random pockets.

- Brown boots.

- Big goggle style sunglasses.

- FN Fal with wood furniture, 21" barrel and folding carry handle.

- Weird boxy backpack to hold all my ######.

Now THAT'S what I call "kickass!"

My favorite piece of gear has become a green flight suit.  Gear doesn't pull the top up and the belt doesn't drag the trousers down.  Perfect.  It doesn't look as cool as some of the desert sets, and it isn't as effective as camo like the new digicam, but I'm comfortable and that is my top priority.

One of my own little rules is that I never attach a holster to the belt that's holding my strides up. ;)

As for cammo, don't get me started. :D

The only reason I wear DPMs is cos they are designed with a squaddie in mind. Always makes me smile when I read people saying "Asda have combat trousers in their clothing dep't for £5" etc.

Problem is that they are designed to look cool, not to work well.

Pukka DPM trousers may have a saggy bum and make you look like a poacher but at least you won't rip the crotch out of them the first time you step over a log or fence. They're designed to allow you to move.

Anyway, I swear, I've honestly never walked toward anybody in airsoft and thought "Holy sh1te! I didn't see him until now cos his cammo is so good that he's just blending into the background!"

The only worthwhile cammo is a pukka ghillie suit and, even then, I reckon a guy in a black tracksuit could probably be just as stealthy as a guy in a ghillie suit if they both acted the same way.

Obviously, it IS all about doing whatever floats your boat but, for me, the only reason I buy any cammo gear is cos it's ideal for running around the woods in. The reason I buy DPM is cos it's cheaper than dirt. Actual camoflaging ability never really enter my head.

I keep wondering about all those tactical vests and chest harnesseses with mag pouches in the front. They may be great for storing a sh*tload of mags and mostly for looks I guess, but anyone who has dived for cover on their belly in one of those must have their entrails severely compressed. Maybe that's why they're called assault vests, because you just assault in them until you get hit and thus you'll never have to take cover anyway. I usually have two mag pouches on the sides and back of my belt so I can crouch flat on the ground. (That's also the way I was tought to do it during my national service btw)

I keep wondering about all those tactical vests and chest harnesseses with mag pouches in the front. They may be great for storing a sh*tload of mags and mostly for looks I guess, but anyone who has dived for cover on their belly in one of those must have their entrails severely compressed. Maybe that's why they're called assault vests, because you just assault in them until you get hit and thus you'll never have to take cover anyway. I usually have two mag pouches on the sides and back of my belt so I can crouch flat on the ground. (That's also the way I was tought to do  it during my national service btw)

I dive to the ground all the time in my blackhawk tac vest. Never hurts me at all, the only thing I worry about is the fact that it's a cross-draw vest and my hi-capa is in there. Makes me glad the hi-capa is solid as a brick. But it doesn't really hurt all that bad. Nylon + clothing gives enough padding to absorb the force.

My kit has been pieced together over time. It looks cool, but it's not there to look cool... It's there to work. So here we go... expvideo's kit:

- Digital BDU and boonie hat (I had everything but the pants given to me.. so pants was cheap for a full uniform)

- OD w/black Jungle boots (the vietnam style, cause they work well)

- OD crossdraw vest (carries my mags, breathes well, best guarder knockoff I could find)

- OD Belt (the heavest duty I could find)

- Black Leg 3-mag pouch (if I'm laying on my chest, I can't get mags from there)

- Black Dump pouch (I use low-caps... lots of empties)

- Black Leg pistol holster (Not a cheap one either... the most comfy I could find)

Paired with...

- M15a4 with Holo-sight and (sometimes) silencer

- KJW Metal M9 (in leg holster... It lines up the fastest for me, so it's the best pistol for the job)

- KSC Metal Glock 18c (or 17 depending on my mood) with G&P M3 light (in vest cross-draw holster, in case I need a torch on my gun... And I like it more, but the M9 points faster)

So there you have it...

As for flight suits, my old kit was a black vest on an OD flight suit. It looked wicked. It looked EXACTLY like LA County Sheriffs Dept. SWAT. I didn't mean for that, but since I watched the documentary and said "omg! that's my kit!" I've been using it as my CQB outfit.

But I'm going to get special camo for CQB soon... It's Digital, with Black, Dark Gray, and a Navy-bluish... It looks SICK! I hate to retire my Nomex flight suit though... very manuverable.

Aaron

<_<

Archived