Guns from the new Doom movie :)

Sgt Craig

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm ###### that they are not going to have the occult undertones. Also, in the game they are demons and there is no arguing the point. As far as the games are concerned I have a laptop from the 80's in my closet that I still occasionally pull out to play doom. If someone has a link to a download of the game that would be awesome.

I'm ###### that they are not going to have the occult undertones.  Also, in the game they are demons and there is no arguing the point.  As far as the games are concerned I have a laptop from the 80's in my closet that I still occasionally pull out to play doom.  If someone has a link to a download of the game that would be awesome.

No, they are not demons. Why the heck would demons be in space? They are ALIENS. Read the stinking books.

Yeah, I read that.  Incredibly disappointing.  Now, if they cast Jason Statham it would have been perfect.

My $0.02, I think he's a bit young / classless (I mean that in a nice way :) ).

I think Patrick Stewart or maybe even Terence Stamp would do the role better. Prolly need lotsa stunt-doubles / CGI as they're both quite long in the tooth.

Back on topic ... Has been MANY years since I played either on the first two games, but I'm pretty sure Doom 1 and 2 were filled with Dooms / minions of Hell rather than Aliens ... there was definitely plenty of occult symbolism though-out both games … if the books ‘changed’ them to aliens then that was prolly so the books could actually be sold in the US (like without being burnt …)

TBH, I’m actually looking forward to seeing this movie … I don’t think that it will be good, but I do think it will be enjoyable … (just like Resident Evil 1). I’m also interested to see the FPS / POV scene, preferably with someone who’s never played a FPS game … I suspect that it will be hard to watch for anyone except for gamers – motion-sickness anyone?

Well, for one, Doom played largely off of being alone and having to hold the tide of demons. Not with a 10-man squad of guys with heavy arms, but more along the lines of a pistol with 10 rounds. The suspense and fear was because you might have just enough bullets to live, or you might have one too few.

And you play the damn games!  WHICH IS WHAT THE MOVIE IS BASED OFF OF.

What do you think the books are about? Maybe you know somehting we dont?

And if soemthing looks like a demon doesnt mean it is a demon.

And how do demons come through a demsional gate in space?

And why do they fight each other?

And the RE movie is based of the RE game. Whats your point?

And now I think I will install Doom 1 and 2 and play them to see what goes on. If they work on XP....

TBH, I’m actually looking forward to seeing this movie … I don’t think that it will be good, but I do think it will be enjoyable … (just like Resident Evil 1).

Yeah! Just the reason I was so excited when Alien vs Predator came out! It's one of the worst movies ever but it is SO entertaining that I bought it the day it came out on DVD. $20 for it and it was worth every penny! I love griping about it... (mmm... paraphrase from the original Alien... "I like griping"... oh, nevermind).

...did I really just admit that I paid $20 for AvP?

well if there are pentacles (yes i know NOT really demonic symbols but tell the rest of the word that), candals ritually sliced up bodies, pillars of fire and pools of blood it kind of points just a little towards demons and then the fact that in the walkthroughs they are CALLED demons and IN THE GAME they are refered to as demons how do you get "oh its in space they must be ALIENS!" and if hell is an alternate dimention ripped open by the experiments of scientists gone mad then it can happen on pluto if it wants too!

EDIT: and the fighting well i guess they are just evil and hate each other...

shaun of the dead had G36s of some description in ;)

G36SFs, actually.

And now I think I will install Doom 1 and 2 and play them to see what goes on. If they work on XP....

Hhhhmmmm...

The walkthroughs all say "Demons".

The game refers to them as "Demons".

There are numerous pentacles, seas of blood, fireballs and big ugly things that look like demons (rear end of a goat, horns, red eyes and throw fire etc...)

You sir, are an eeeeeeeeejit.

Play the games, then take your opinions and present them to us.

You do realize that there are levels set in hell in all 3 of the games at some point or another.

The instruction manual also says "A gate to hell has been opened" and classifies all the enemies as demons or possessed space marines.

The books are WRONG.

Archived