Guns from the new Doom movie :)

Sgt Craig

I did play the games. Calm down their slick.

And they arent demons or laines in the movie anyway so it doesnt matter.

And you must be talking about Doom III becuase the other Dooms rarly said anything. Speaking of which I got to Hell in Doom 3 and lsot all my guns. Darn it. In Doom I and II I see no proof other then inferences that they are demons.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ummm... yeah, definately demons...

For those taht want to play Doom 1 and 2. Buy the Collector's Edition or whatever of Doom 3, it's a special feature

Doom 64 Strategy guide Monster and Creatures from Doom 2 Strategy Guide (yes I still have them...) Imp, Nightmare Imp, BULL DEMON, Spectre, Lost Souls, cacoDEMON, Pain Elemental, HELL Knight, Baron of Hell, Mancubus, Cyberdemon, Mother Demon... need say anymore?

Anyway... done with rant on ignorant people...

Movie makers need to get more creative...

Alex "Col Sanders"

Ocassionally, on the internet, you run into posts that just astound you with thier stupidity, you sir, win the prize this week.

Not really...

To whoever said all games have levels set in hell, you are wrong, unless you discount the first game.

And you have little concrete proof they are demons.

Looks? Don't count. The Count in Seasame Street looks like a vampire but when is the last time you saw him suck blood?

Pentagrams? Still no go. They appear in millions of religions. Soemtimes as good sometimes as bad.

Names? Wow they have demon in their name. Big deal. If you call *beep*, a juicy steak it doesnt change what it is, its still *beep*.

Now I am going off of the books. So I am not being ignorant you are for dis-crediting them. I have played the games. The only one I can say they are demons with out a doubt is 3.

And maybe the aliens observed Western culture to see what we fear? Like all you that go like this OMG PENTAGRAMS! DEMONS! Its alot harder to fight demons then aliens. Not to mention demons cant die. Unless they dont follow that in which case they are not demons.

I believe that you are applying to much twisted logic to a simple video game. Why would the creators make aliens and then call them demons in the strategy guide? Why would aliens bother finding out what we fear the most and then pretending to be demons? I think aliens would be pretty damn scary. Why would the creators bother putting candles and pentagrams in a game about aliens? Why won't you take it at face value and admit that it is a simple game about killing demons? Why won't you just admit that the books are different from the game?

P.S. The game would suck if the demons couldn't die.

so, if you can discount the manual, names, descriptions, level names, end of episode text, ingame text, statements from people who made the game, box art, box text, the actual story, and the "inferences" you can say they arent demons.

My original statement of you being an idiot, stands.

I did admit it but the books are based of the games and making them from demons into aliens is like taking the zombies out of Resident Evil.

Demons cant die. So if you want to throw in all that other pentagram, candle stuff, this can be thrown in.

You know the game creators dont write walk throughs rights? As for the manual I will have to dig mine out.

Wow. Why does my manual day the following?

""When the ALIEN invasion struck Mars, you were the first on the scene"

Qouted from the manual included with the Combo pack of Doom 1, 2 and Ultimate Doom.

I did admit it but the books are based of the games and making them from demons into aliens is like taking the zombies out of Resident Evil.

the books are a third party creation based on a game, and you take thier side as opposed to the original material? I'm pretty confident that even if the demons said "I AM A DEMON AND AM COMING TO EAT YOU" you would claim they were lying, to create dissent amongst the ranks, or some other garbage.

the books are a third party creation based on a game, and you take thier side as opposed to the original material?  I'm pretty confident that even if the demons said "I AM A DEMON AND AM COMING TO EAT YOU" you would claim they were lying, to create dissent amongst the ranks, or some other garbage.

Well the manual says alien invasion. So your dis-crediting stuff.

Actually look into things before you blaire off at the mouth.

And the following is thanks to SmarterChild.

Demon:

Noun

1. An evil supernatural being; a devil. 2. A persistently tormenting person, force, or passion: the demon of drug addiction. 3. One who is extremely zealous, skillful, or diligent: worked away like a demon; a real demon at math. 4. Variant of daimon.

Etymology

Middle English, from Late Latin daem*n, from Latin, spirit, from Greek daim*n, divine power; see d*- in Indo-European roots.

Supernatural:

Adjective

1. Of or relating to existence outside the natural world. 2. Attributed to a power that seems to violate or go beyond natural forces. 3. Of or relating to a deity. 4. Of or relating to the immediate exercise of divine power; miraculous. 5. Of or relating to the miraculous.

Noun

That which is supernatural.

Other forms

su'per·nat'u·ral·ly adv.su'per·nat'u·ral·ness n.

So a demon can be an alien. Therefore they are aliens because demons are a super natural being.

The manual later refers to them as demons. But aliens could be called demons based upon the first defenition.

When you start to lose the arguement, fall back to an arguement on semantics.

I believe the next step to trolling is you calling me a nazi

Losing?

The freakin manual for the game calls it an alien invasion!

Oh but that is only valid if it dis-credits me?

You just cried and moaned I am ignoring the manual. I hadnt looked at it until now and it calls it an alien invasion. But I guess you hadn't looked at it yet either? Nice way to ignore the core issue of a post.

Look at the manual were it calls it an alien invasion. And yes they fit the adjective of a demon(demonic) but not the noun in the sense they are aliens. The manual says it and that was written by the people who made the game. So if I have zero you guys have worse scores...

The manual says that you stopped THE ALIEN INVASION. End of story.

straight from ID Software. Their description for doom

"The demons came and the marines died. Except one. Your are the last defense against these hell-spawned hordes. Prepare for the most intense mutant-laden, blood-splattered action ever! The texture-mapped virtual world is so real, you don't just play DOOM - you live it. "

can we end this ###### argument already?

straight from ID Software. Their description for doom

"The demons came and the marines died. Except one. Your are the last defense against these hell-spawned hordes. Prepare for the most intense mutant-laden, blood-splattered action ever! The texture-mapped virtual world is so real, you don't just play DOOM - you live it. "

can we end this ###### argument already?

And their booklet also calls it an alien invasion. And as I said a demon doenst have to be from hell it just has to be super natural and evil. As all the creatures are.

You just posted your most damning piece of information yet. Did you even read that entire thing. There is a reason the game is called Hell on Earth. The forces of hell take over the earth. Is it that hard to comprehend.

There are very few people on this forum I would consider retarded. You just made that list, congrats.

You just posted your most damning piece of information yet. Did you even read that entire thing. It's setting up what happened BEFORE you dumb *fruitcage*. Read through it. "THAT'S ALL BEHIND YOU NOW!"

There are very few people on this forum I would consider retarded. You just made that list, congrats.

You do relize that's for Doom II and thus Doom I had aliens in it and since they have the same monsters with some new additions the ones in two are aleins as well.

Doom III however is a different story.

You do relize that's for Doom II and thus Doom I had aliens in it and since they have the same monsters with some new additions the ones in two are aleins as well.

Doom III however is a different story.

Did the thought that Doom 3 is a remake of the original ever at any point during this idiotic conversation ever cross your mind?

And where did Doom 3 end up?

Did the thought that Doom 3 is a remake of the original ever at any point during this idiotic conversation ever cross your mind?

And where did Doom 3 end up?

Remakes are not 100 % true. Such as the fact that Doom III takes place on Mars and Doom 1 takes place on the moon of Mars.

And there is a reason is called Hell on Earht. Hell is frequently used to reference a annoying or dangerous situation.

"That war zone is hell." THat doesnt mean their are demons there.

And you sir should read before you flame.

Archived