Guns from the new Doom movie :)

Sgt Craig

Remakes are not 100 % true. Such as the fact that Doom III takes place on Mars and Doom 1 takes place on the moon of Mars.

And there is a reason is called Hell on Earht. Hell is frequently used to reference a annoying or dangerous situation.

"That war zone is hell." THat doesnt mean their are demons there.

And you sir should read before you flame.

Again you are freakin retarded.

ID Software states

"Doom 3 is a RETELLING OF THE ORIGINAL STORY WITH MORE EMPHASIS ON THE STORY ITSELF, such as how the demons came on mars and how everything got to hell"

Doom 2 was called Hell on Earth because the demons of hell wanted to take over the earth after failing on mars. That was the goddamn principle of the story, you can even look at id softwares website, it states it in plain text.

You need to use google for a change before spouting your mouth off with ignorant ######.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again you are freakin retarded.

ID Software states

"Doom 3 is a RETELLING OF THE ORIGINAL STORY WITH MORE EMPHASIS ON THE STORY ITSELF, such as how the demons came on mars and how everything got to hell"

Doom 2 was called Hell on Earth because the demons of hell wanted to take over the earth after failing on mars. That was the goddamn principle of the story, you can even look at id softwares website, it states it in plain text.

You need to use google for a change before spouting your mouth off with ignorant ######.

Well ID software also states its an alien invasion. As clearly circled in red in the image I posted.

So why don't you calm down and blaim them for this misunderstanding.

No need to get so worked up about a game.

*bangs head on counter*

This argument has been going on for DAYS... Agent Hunk vs. Everyone else.

Can't we just drop it? My friend here is obviously not going to back down from the Alien argument. If the booklet says "alien invasion," then they are aliens. Since it also says "Hell on Earth" they are also demons.

Know what this means? The aliens went to Mars, got killed in Doom 1, went to hell, were risen from Hell in Doom 2, making them DEMONIC ALIENS. There's the answer...

Back on the ORIGINAL SUBJECT (you know, G36s), the new movie Four Brothers has proven my earlier point - it contains both a Desert Eagle and several G36s.

EDIT: Don't flame me, please, I've never played Doom and made all that ###### up.

*bangs head on counter*

Can't we just drop it?  My friend here is obviously not going to back down from the Alien argument.  If the booklet says "alien invasion," then they are aliens.  Since it also says "Hell on Earth" they are also demons.

Know what this means?  The aliens went to Mars, got killed in Doom 1, went to hell, were risen from Hell in Doom 2, making them DEMONIC ALIENS.  There's the answer...

Back on the ORIGINAL SUBJECT (you know, G36s), the new movie Four Brothers has proven my earlier point - it contains both a Desert Eagle and several G36s.

EDIT: Don't flame me, please, I've never played Doom and made all that ###### up.

No flames needed.

For your buddy.

This time, the entire forces of the netherworld have overrun Earth. To save her, you must descend into the stygian depths of Hell itself!

Battle mightier, nastier, deadlier demons and monsters. Use more powerful weapons. Survive more mind-blowing explosions and more of the bloodiest, fiercest, most awesome blastfest ever!

Play DOOM II solo, with two people over a modem, or with up to four players over a LAN (supporting IPX protocol). No matter which way you choose, get ready for adrenaline-pumping, action-packed excitement that's sure to give your heart a real workout.

source: http://www.idsoftware.com/games/doom/doom2/

Now do you see why it is called hell on earth yet? Netherworld is not a goddamn planet, it is a synonym for hell. You go into hell in Doom 2. Thus the title. Hell on Earth

Will you stop being ignorant now?

*bangs head on counter*

Can't we just drop it?  My friend here is obviously not going to back down from the Alien argument.  If the booklet says "alien invasion," then they are aliens.  Since it also says "Hell on Earth" they are also demons.

Know what this means?  The aliens went to Mars, got killed in Doom 1, went to hell, were risen from Hell in Doom 2, making them DEMONIC ALIENS.  There's the answer...

That's a good movie. First time I liked the look of a G36C with the carrying handle meant for the other models.

No flames needed.

For your buddy.

source: http://www.idsoftware.com/games/doom/doom2/

Now do you see why it is called hell on earth yet? Netherworld is not a goddamn planet, it is a synonym for hell. You go into hell in Doom 2. Thus the title. Hell on Earth

Will you stop being ignorant now?

They also say i nthe booklet for the game that its a freakin alien invasion.

They also say i nthe booklet for the game that its a freakin alien invasion.

Because they didn't know what it was until the end of doom 2. It was an assumption. Moron.

Oh and lets not forget final doom

Far from earth, the UAC recommenced their experiments on on of the moons of Jupiter. A spaceship, mistaken for a supply vexxel on radar, hovered above the base. Hideous demons poured out, blanketing the base with death. All your comrades were quickly slaughtered or zombified. This time, it's not about survival. It's about revenge.

The Plutonia Experiment:

Every effort has been made by the nation's top scientists to close the seven interdimensional Gates of Hell, but one portal remains open. Alone, you must infiltrate the ravaged complex, defeat the demon Gatekeeper and seal the last Hell-hole before the undead are prepared to, once again, take over the world.

http://www.idsoftware.com/games/doom/doom-final/

are we noticing a pattern yet? Or do I need to draw you a pretty picture?

So ID didnt know about their own games huh? Thats interesting.

As I said blaim ID for jumping the fence on what they are. So until one of them comes up to me and expalins what's going on I dont care if Satan himself tells me they are demons.

And you sir are quite immature. Maybe I could take you more seriously if you didnt present everyhting with insults and flames. This is a forum not a playground.

Are you going to bring my mother into this next?

So ID didnt know about their own games huh? Thats interesting.

As I said blaim ID for jumping the fence on what they are. So until one of them comes up to me and expalins what's going on I dont care if Satan himself tells me they are demons.

And you sir are quite immature. Maybe I could take you more seriously if you didnt present everyhting with insults and flames. This is a forum not a playground.

ID knew about it, it's called a primitive form of story telling. CG was not around so what little they could tell had to be deciphered through game locales and the instruction manual. Get it yet? Again I can offer you the picture.

When someone is as bloody ignorant not only to the game creators own website, but everyone else sitting around here telling you what it is and having no support from anyone in any form.

Flames are deserved.

When someone is as bloody ignorant not only to the game creators own website, but everyone else sitting around here telling you what it is and having no support from anyone in any form.

Flames are deserved.

Time for the age old example.

"If everyone jumped off a bridge and died, does that make it right?"

In your eyes, yes.

In mine, no.

And I used the game creators book that game with the game. So my source is just as valid.

Blaim ID.

Time for the age old example.

"If everyone jumped off a bridge and died, does that make it right?"

In your eyes, yes.

In mine, no.

And I used the game creators book that game with the game. So my source is just as valid.

Blaim ID.

You used a manual that was trying to tell a story without informing of the future. Doom the original did not make a level to hell, for that I was incorrect earlier. They called it an alien invasion hoping that by the time people made it to the levels of hell in Doom 2 THEY WOULD FIGURE IT OUT.

It's 1+1 here man. You have Doom 1, they say you are a marine responding to an alien invasion. You find ZOMBIFIED marines and crazy demonic symbols. They say in the booklet for Doom 2, your back on earth after surviving an alien invasion and you quit the marines. The SAME CREATURES are back and trying to take over earth. You kill them back to where they came from and where does it take you? HELL.

1+1 = 2

Same creatures from Doom 1 + The source you tracked them to in Doom 2 = DEMONS FROM HELL.

Is that really that difficult to comprehend?

You used a manual that was trying to tell a story without informing of the future. Doom the original did not make a level to hell, for that I was incorrect earlier. They called it an alien invasion hoping that by the time people made it to the levels of hell in Doom 2 THEY WOULD FIGURE IT OUT.

It's 1+1 here man. You have Doom 1, they say you are a marine responding to an alien invasion. You find ZOMBIFIED marines and crazy demonic symbols. They say in the booklet for Doom 2, your back on earth after surviving an alien invasion and you quit the marines. The SAME CREATURES are back and trying to take over earth. You kill them back to where they came from and where does it take you? HELL.

1+1 = 2

Same creatures from Doom 1 + The source you tracked them to in Doom 2 = DEMONS FROM HELL.

Is that really that difficult to comprehend?

Is there a reason you caps zombified? I mean movies and games show it doesnt take a demon to do that.

And your "explanation" only makes sense if in fact Doom II was planned ahead of time. If not its nothing more then an attempt to expand the story and make more money. And I will only beleive that if it comes from the mouth of one of them. Not some stupid web site.

Is there a reason you caps zombified? I mean movies and games show it doesnt take a demon to do that.

And your "explanation" only makes sense if in fact Doom II was planned ahead of time. If not its nothing more then an attempt to expand the story and make more money. And I will only beleive that if it comes from the mouth of one of them. Not some stupid web site.

Yes forget the game creators official website, obviously it doesn't know *beep* now does it?

John Carmack himself stated in an interview that Doom 1 + 2 were both planned ahead of time. They knew from the success of wolfenstein 3d that the Doom games would be really popular. Doom 3 the company itself had to be coerced into doing so, and this is what caused Romero to leave the company, he did not agree with remaking the original instead he wanted to do something new(hence Daikatana).

This was all stated on a G4TechTV show called Icons. If you have this channel and they show the rerun, watch it and learn something.

Until then, continue believing a fallacy. Because what you think the Doom games are about is 110% wrong.

Edit: I caps Zombified because in Doom 1 they even state they are undead marines. Which was clue #1 to the demons being from hell.

I will beleive what I want. I live in America for a reason.

And what makes their web site so darn cool but the bookelt wrong? I mean its telling you the story so thats like saying in an RE game the zombies are actuallycrazy hippies.

I can beleive what I want the rest of you all went crazy and tried to change my views.

And this is by and large about the movie anyway. Which has no demons as says the web site and the trailer so don't even start.

And if I am so "ignorant" why waste your time here? Go slay some demons almight demon slayer. Save use from the demons!

I've only played Doom 1, Doom 2, Final Doom, maybe some other older mixes (not Doom 3), and i was certainly under the impression the baddies were demons from Hell - hence i was quite puzzled when the movie script seemed to indicate aliens. Surely you know its to sooth bible-bashing yanks, but it is just wrong.

Yeah, they're G36s with a digital counter on the side and I believe a SUREFIRE underneath.
So from friends complaining about Doom3, i take it they arent using either a gun OR a torch :rolleyes: Maybe they'll rerelease Doom 3 with taclights... or duct-tape...

Everyone's seen the home-movie of the Doom 3 guy playing in the dark right?

http://grmirror.bolt.com/download/trickyl/...cary_doom_3.wmv

I will beleive what I want. I live in America for a reason.

And what makes their web site so darn cool but the bookelt wrong? I mean its telling you the story so thats like saying in an RE game the zombies are actuallycrazy hippies.

I can beleive what I want the rest of you all went crazy and tried to change my views.

And this is by and large about the movie anyway. Which has no demons as says the web site and the trailer so don't even start.

And if I am so "ignorant" why waste your time here? Go slay some demons almight demon slayer. Save use from the demons!

We went crazy because Doom is a classic that you are bastardizing.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20806

They only mention in that interview how cool the pinky demon is. So I'm sure there will be no demon in the movie.

Your about as good at telling people the truth as the Iraqi minister of information was.

We went crazy because Doom is a classic that you are bastardizing.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20806

They only mention in that interview how cool the pinky demon is. So I'm sure there will be no demon in the movie.

Your about as good at telling people the truth as the Iraqi minister of information was.

KARL URBAN: Yeah... I think that's probably more the case. Hell is there in a multitude of forms. Maybe not as literal as some people would like, but is basically represented in a kind of multi-faceted way. There's references to where these creatures come from... I mean, my character makes a reference in the film about the origin of the creatures. You know, it's really up to... well, it's down to your personal belief system and what you believe hell is. There are so many different interpretations of that concept.

Yeah I was soooo wrong!

Dude the first parts of the trailer say some missing human gene is found and a man is injected?

OR WAIT MAYBE THEY INJECTED HIM WITH HELL!

If the movie had demons the Catholics would be all over it like energy through a BFG.

Hopefull the mod I PMed closes this, it will never end. I refuse to leave my castle yet you keep throwing rocks at it.

There will never be such a conversion kit. Unless the movie gets a cult following like Aliens...

At the book store I noticed alot of people rape the G36 even on book covers

I am really looking forward to this movie. The Rock is an excellent actor.

KARL URBAN: Yeah... I think that's probably more the case. Hell is there in a multitude of forms. Maybe not as literal as some people would like, but is basically represented in a kind of multi-faceted way. There's references to where these creatures come from... I mean, my character makes a reference in the film about the origin of the creatures. You know, it's really up to... well, it's down to your personal belief system and what you believe hell is. There are so many different interpretations of that concept.

Yeah I was soooo wrong!

Dude the first parts of the trailer say some missing human gene is found and a man is injected?

OR WAIT MAYBE THEY INJECTED HIM WITH HELL!

If the movie had demons the Catholics would be all over it like energy through a BFG.

I know, the catholics really protested constantine. And you didn't say hell, way to try and change your own meaning. You said it had no demons. They specifically mention the pinky DEMON. I know there is no hell in the movie. However, as with all game-movie translations, they screwed everything up. Oh well, it's a popcorn flick.

I know, the catholics really protested constantine. And you didn't say hell, way to try and change your own meaning. You said it had no demons. They specifically mention the pinky DEMON. I know there is no hell in the movie. However, as with all game-movie translations, they screwed everything up. Oh well, it's a popcorn flick.

Then enlight us of Black Magic Wizard. Where do demons come from?

According to you a synonym for demon is alien oh master of all knowledge.

There you go again!

My information and other information stands only when it dis-credits me and not you.

And no ONE of the defenitions for demon is an evil super natural creature. If you meet requirment B you can be in a DOOM game!

Archived