KSC HK33K - Its out

Well folks its out, the HK33K made by KSC and gentleman and ladies...this is a VERY nice AEG and Springer!.

It is very representative of KSC quality

DSC01010.JPG

It puts the CA one to shame...

It weighs in at a hefty 6 pounds 12 oz....empty...no batt, no bb's. And the body is plastic!

The mechbox and grip alone is 3 pounds 8 ounces.

The mags are very unique...and the are made of stamped metal! Capacity is 60 rounds for standards...no hicaps at this time. I ca see the hicaps ~325 bb's in capacity...

DSC01012.JPG

It fields strips with two push pins in under 4 seconds.

DSC01013.JPG

Notice that the cylinder is longer then the TM Cylnder...which is very promising for making this AEG work smarter and not harder for upping FPS.

FPS BTW is within Japan Limits/Standards - 284fps with .20, courtesy of the functioning charging handle which makes ths AEG work like a springer! I took 10 shots with it loaded with .20's on the radar chrono and they all came back at 284!

It is also the first "Closed Bolt" AEG, the loading nozzel is quite long and obstructs the loading nozzel.

DSC01014.JPG

The battery is a stick and it goes on top. It can accomodate a 9.6v stick, but you must modify the fuse carrier.

DSC01016.JPG

Or you can put a TM G3 solid stock on it...

DSC01017.JPG

But you would have to mod the stock. MP5 stock will be to small, but the G3 one is perfect!

Once the battery is charged I will have more picts and info...

Edited by Guges Mk3

More interesting note:

Gears are an iron alloy, some type of pot metal.

There is an on/off switch in front of the trigger. Loading a mag and turning the gun on with the selector in safe will still result in the AEG firing one shot. So have your plug in or leave the mag out when you "turn" your gun on.

It ia an active mechbox, where the system precocks the gun like a PSG1 prior to the shot, it allows for faster trigger reaction time. But, if you blow a gear it sits and winds/grinds continously. You have to turn the AEG off and then use it as a springer.

For those realism buff. You culd turn your gun on, load a mag and use the charging handle to load your first shot.

Accuracy is on par with a stock AEG.

Hop-up is a BIG knob that can only be accessed with the forerip off. Fine adjustment is easy to do.

It sounds like a CA MP5 when it shoots, but since its a closed bolt its actually quieter from the shooter side.

Fit and finish will vary I have three, one has a splt on the foregrip on the seam line. Nothing a little superglue can't fix.

Edited by Guges Mk3

Its kinda hard to tell in the pict but the two mags are NOT compatible, spacing and hole are in different positions...and I would never soil this KSC with a CA mag.

The mechbox is so wasy to work on...everything fits with no funky hand contortions required to hold things down while you try to reassemble. The top comes off of the upper for easy mods.

What happened to Ubars? Did he grind a spur gear?

The gun will still fire on an empty mag.

Being a springer too it can detension the spring when not in use.

I got these from TMC for a undisclosable dealer price.

Edited by Guges Mk3

You stripped your gun without putting your gun on safe? :waggle:

Nice review and pictures! Thanks! :)

There is an on/off switch in front of the trigger.  Loading a mag and turning the gun on with the selector in safe will still result in the AEG firing one shot. So have your plug in or leave the mag out when you "turn" your gun on.

So, does leave the gun in "on" consume battery without even shooting it?

It ia an active mechbox, where the system precocks the gun like a PSG1 prior to the shot, it allows for faster trigger reaction time.  But, if you blow a gear it sits and winds/grinds continously.  You have to turn the AEG off and then use it as a springer.

What do you mean by "blow a gear?" Is it likely to happen under normal usage?

For those realism buff. You culd turn your gun on, load a mag and use the charging handle to load your first shot.

Excellent! If you pull the charging handle twice, I suppose it'll load another round, and push the previous round out of the barrel?

Prom...yes...that is a piece of your M4. :P

You stripped your gun without putting your gun on safe?  :waggle:

Nice review and pictures!  Thanks! :)

So, does leave the gun in "on" consume battery without even shooting it?

What do you mean by "blow a gear?"  Is it likely to happen under normal usage?

Excellent!  If you pull the charging handle twice, I suppose it'll load another round, and push the previous round out of the barrel?

Battery is out, spring is detensioned, no mag in, I think that is safe... :P

Yes, would slowly drain the battery if you left the gun "on".

What I mean by blow a gear is that if a gear stips...it will constanly wind and try to put the gun in the fire position. Hate to say it, but the one with the split stock has already stripped on spur gear after 20 shots...it was pumpf, pumpf pumpf, pumpf, grrnashgrindckraknash,whirwhirwhirwhirwhirwhirwhir...

I said this is not good...I was every hesitant to fire up the second one for predelivery testing...but that one blew through a whole mag with no issues. The magnet test proved that the gears are iron...but I was very dissapointed that they are so brittle...

I have some PSG1 parts coming in...I'm going to see if they are interchangeable.

As for double chaging it...I'll let you know.

Prom...yes...that is a piece of your M4.  :P

Hehehe... :D

I knew I recognized that gearbox. :blush: beautiful gun :wub:

Thanks Guges.

The KSC gearbox is just a copy of a TM right? So that should mean that the gears should fit it and all, I guess.

On a side note.

One of our players took a CA33 and spliced it with an ICS MP5. Crazy huh?

Well, now it has a HK33 trigger group, stock, and reciever with an MP5 frontend...

~P

Wierd!

Could it be....hmm. I have no idea. THAT, my friends is UBAR wierd.

****EDITT*****

Also,

My team mate put the SD5/6 frontend on it.

~P

HK33 with mp5 frontend is just an HK53 no? :P

New wiring cradle? I thats something in the lower gearbox (havent opened that yet) The fuse and wiring in the plug bit all look fine.