KSC HK33K - Its out

You really can't compare the two, differences are:

KSC Closed Bolt System vs CA Open Bolt System

KSC is a springer when the battery is dead...the CA is a boat anchor.

The KSC has quick take down...CA is based off old V2 G3 technology.

Things I find better then a CA33,

Hop-up that works with very fine adjustment possible.

Metal body is thicker and the gun is heavier...if that is a plus to you.

Quick take down. You can change the spring in the KSC WITHOUT haveing to go into the mechbox. Take off 6 socket head screws and the top of the mechbox is accessible.

KSC precocks the cylinder for faster shot reaction times.

Things I find worse then a CA33:

Low Japan speed FPS (under 300)

No hicap mags

Potential to make a high ROF gun out of common parts.

Edited by Guges Mk3

What do you mean by a bolt system? If your refering to the piston as a bolt you must be backwards since the KSC precocks the piston, ala open bolt.

While the V2 gearbox is old, and has flaws, when the gun was delivered to me and even upgraded with a spring only, no internal parts have failed, even 4 months into the gun with weekly use. Something the KSC HK33e cannot stand up to.

The only thing the KSC rivals the CA33e on is the ability to be a springer, but who's kidding who... im going to use my side arm or call my self out before I have to resort to using a springer.

Also, if the gear strips and jams mid cycle of the piston, you cannot cock the piston back anyways without using uber man strength and tearing off every piston tooth on the first cock.

What do you mean by a bolt system? If your refering to the piston as a bolt you must be backwards since the KSC precocks the piston, ala open bolt.

Also, if the gear strips and jams mid cycle of the piston, you cannot cock the piston back anyways without using uber man strength and tearing off every piston tooth on the first cock.

Your wrong on both accounts. Do you actually own one or are you making comments on conjecture? I am not referring the piston is a "bolt" I am referring the loading nozzel acts like a bolt.

When the gun is cocked the loading nozzel is foward and sealed against the hop and barrel not back at all like a regular V2 mechbox

I had a fluke and I have already stipped the bevel gear on one 33k, but you can still cock it. Any cocking of the piston by manual means spins the gears backwards. So if you strip a gear...no issues there..the gears are not meshing anyways. If you bind the gears...the manual cocking may unbind the gears because it induces a backward motion on the gear system...a plus in my opinion...and FYI...this hybrid V4 mechbox has no IR latch in it.

The only thing the KSC rivals the CA33e on is the ability to be a springer, but who's kidding who... im going to use my side arm or call my self out before I have to resort to using a springer.

Never got a knife kill have ya? Or taken out a whole bunker by tree dancing up to it and then sticking in your "gun" in a slot and saying "surrender" -> Your dead someone has snuck up to a non-fire range and your dead...no quarreling about it.

That is only true for the first shot in full auto or rapid semi auto shots.

And is that "not" what one wants when a target presents itself briefly??? I never said anything about increasing ROF. I am just saying when you pull the trigger the bb flys versus a V2 that has to wind and then fire the shot...

Edited by Guges Mk3
While the V2 gearbox is old, and has flaws, when the gun was delivered to me  and even upgraded with a spring only, no internal parts have failed, even 4 months into the gun with weekly use. Something the KSC HK33e cannot stand up to.

Please feel free to prove this

And is that "not" what one wants when a target presents itself briefly???  I never said anything about increasing ROF.  I am just saying when you pull the trigger the bb flys versus a V2 that has to wind and then fire the shot...

So you save yourself .02 of a second of time?

Edited by Tripod

Actually your off by a decimal place...

its .2 seconds :P

But its really noticeable with a weak or draining battery.

Remember this is based off a PSG1 V4 mechbox...maybe 1 in 500 people have ever shot a PSG1. And that slightly quicker shot time is nice...but I'm not trying to convey this as the greatest thing since sliced bread...

Edited by Guges Mk3

IR means Internal Resistance. IR is a measure of how well a battery gives up power.

KR1700AU made by Sanyo has a moderately HIGH IR of 17 mOhms, while the GP1100 has a low IR of ~5. What this means is a 9.6v pack made of KR1700 will give you less useable voltage under load over a smaller 8.4v pack of the GP1100.

So for airsoft, you want high discharge batteries over high capacity batteries. Now if you can get a hicap and hidischarge pack...that would be ideal for airsoft and there are some of those out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Very good review. I hope that the gun proves to be good in the long run. Then, I might have to look into this for next years aeg purchase.

I don't know if I missed this in your review, but can you do the HK-slap to the HK33K without a problem?

The cocking handle is definitely more robust then all other models of HK design in Airsoft. Since this is the integrated piston charging handle to fire this AEG as a springer...I'm not going to durability test this...my suspicion is this can be a heavily used piece of the AEG with out issues of the knob breaking off.