French marines impression (pic heavy)

Robot 2000

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damn! I've been beaten by a compatriot!

I just can add this...

cheers robot!

spectra are very rare and expensive. the tactical vest we use is very rare and expensive. in fact everything french army uses is very rare and expensive, because we don't have so much money as US army... and I'm quite well placed to say that! but yet I like my army and my country, and our equipment is one of the best available (in fact, when it's available...)

that one doesn't really look like the body armour I'm after . . . I've now got a couple of places for the vest etc. The helmet looks like a generic PASGT now that I've seen the eBay auction squale linked to, so I'm going to buy a replica PASGT off flecktarn and a CCE helmet cover.

I have a big list of stuff now all in order of priority so it may be a while before everything is finished ;)

I can only use this comment again and again:

Nice and double nice. I can only support your Idea about a french impression. Met a large group of "legionairs" at "Berget 4" in Sweden, And they left an everlasting impression on a "hapless "Armalitetooting" Marine.. *G* :blink:

Be sure not to forget the cigarets, without them the impression will not be complete.*G*

a list of the weapons used by french forces(regular and special forces)

FAMAS F1

_FAMAS G2

_PA-MAS

_SIG 551

_SIG 550

_COLT M4

_FN MINIMI

_MINI UZI SMG

_H&K MP5 SD6

_CARABINE PGM

_PGM HECATE II

_PGM ULTIMA RATIO

_PGM HECATE II NEMESIS

_MOSSBERG 590

_SIG SAUER P226 (special forces )

_H&K MP5

_frf1

_frF2

_AnF1

_MK23

_P90

_G36K

_P226 SP1

_MAT 49

_M 92F

_ G3 SG1

_SIG 552

_ Benelli M3

_ S&W 686 stainless

_ M4 gepard ( sniper rifle in 14.5 mm )

_ H&K P11

_MAC 50

Wow, Robot! You've got a bit of a following here! Seems like everyone likes your idea. I wish I had the money. Or the time to find the stuff. If I ever get a FAMAS (which I actually AM planning after this topic), I'll get the French loadout to go with it. Because it's just so damn mean looking! And being a smoker would help for realism. That and knowing how to say more than just "Bonjour" in French. I guess I could pull it off.

Aaron

<_<

Haha, I had this idea a while ago. I find that in all the pictures the camo pattern looks nicer than the one I find...

I believe it is called The French Central European Camoflouge Pattern. No abbreviations or anything. I'm not too sure what that translates to in French but I bet that'd give you some better results.

My dad used to be in the French paras (but we're talking 20 years ago) so I had a few ideas from that and he's still got some of his old kit. I figured it'd be easier to go with other load outs and I might try it out when I've got some more time and money in the future. Anyway this is what I've pulled up.

Camo's listed here: http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/~bunten4/Camo%20Page.htm

Apparently common on eBay?

USMC Pro - http://www.usmcpro.com/usmcgb/indexf.php?P...a153e743e700dae

Jacket in French Central European Camo

Army Surplus Canada - http://www.army-surplus.ca/produits_detail...=509&cat_main=1

Flecktarn - http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/productsexo.html#clothes

Both jacket and trousers.

From the looks of it, it's available from quite a lot of European and American surplus retailers. However I haven't been able to find any vest covers or helmet covers. You may want to have a look around for those who do custom jobbies like those who do multicam if you pay a little extra and see if they can source some French stuff.

Anyway very nice idea! If you need any help let me know as I'm eager to see if a full load out is possible. I'm not 100% sure that this stuff is still in use though. The pics you've got, do indeed look badass, but they look more like US Woodland as opposed to the more rounded pattern of the French.

Oh and btw, I'm 1/4 French nd my dad's half French. We never take French jokes offensively and can quite often understand them. Anyway I wont go into it anymore as I don't want to offend anyone.

Edit: You may also wanna have a look under the Foreign Legion. Although I'm not sure what kinda camo they use...

Nice loadout for the marines but still they aint no match for our royal marines.

You posted on the wrong forum mate ;)

If you really feel like putting this together Robot (and it sounds like you're into it), you should do a proposed kitlist over at the kitsluts forum (assuming TMC nods to that :)). The more detail and authenticity, the better, and then we can all see it fall into place B)

These googles ,made especialy for the French army ,by BOLLE

ec_1_b.JPG

very similar to the commando model ;) and over different model, for the special forces as they have more money than the regular troops :rolleyes:

i have to say the french army are seriously hardcore and not only that they use some off the best looking gear in the world. i swear that huge body armour and FAMAS give me goose bumps so good on ya robot 2000.

myself i still prefer AUSCAM and an AUG for looks but i wouldnt want meet you in a dark alley wearing THAT

Squale: Is that particular model available at a webshop or something?

Almost all the Bollé goggles are in service in the french army(regular and special forces) ,the model on the picture should normally,be found at this adress(not sure if it's in stock :unsure: ) cybergun-versailles@wanadoo.fr .you could email them in english

I will ask a member of the France airsoft forum for more information ;)

Archived