French marines impression (pic heavy)

Robot 2000

So what you're saying is that any bollies are ok! If so excelent!

the one on the picture are in use by the total french army ,the other Bollé models(commando,X500,X800 ,even snow goggles :blink: )are use by special forces sorry my answer was not clear

:blush:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

does anyone think a SPAS 12 would fit in with this loadout? I'm desperate for a shotgun before the VCR comes in (if and when) but I want to have something that MIGHT look just about OK. It'll definitely look cool with the gear but realism is preying on my mind . . . :(

ya know what... here's what I have to say...

a) WHY DIDN'T ANYONE SHOW THIS TO ME BEFORE?! Those French Commandos look to farkin' kick-*albartroth*... seriously... that's WAY more awesome than any US operators I've ever seen!

B) If I'm in a battle with ya... I don't care if you're (dress up as) French, English or even Afghan... if you're firing at my enemies, you're my friend. But if you're firing at me, I'm firing back. Those are my rules of airsoft and life.

But, dude... that would be the best impression, ever... way cooler than most US guys do.

BTW I don't know if you now know this, but the French do two versions of their helmet.

The full on Spectra and a cheaper lightweight version for export to former colonies. AFAIK the shape is the same and USMC have had the cheaper version for sale in the past.

I hope that helps?

I wanted to do the same loadout as I'm a proud FAMAS owner myself. However I thought that CCE camo was quite light in colour, so would stand out in the dark woodland of the UK. Anyone have any experience of this? Also I only know Flecktarn.co.uk that sell the clothes, never found any CCE camo kit like assault vests. Anyone have any links for UK stores that do it? Ta.

Oh, also found a piccie, unfortunately it's a CASEVAC.

well my nearest site is Urban Assault near peterborough so the CCE should be OK against the various buildings :). Flecktarn do only stock the BDU's but USMC stocks all the webbing and pouches. If you have a look at some of the links squale posted you'll be able to find stuff like cap badges, patches and berets.

As for the helmets there seem to be two types, one which only covers the top of the head and the PASGT/spectre style one which covers the ears too.

Sid; I always thought it was a Special Purpose Automatic Shotgun, but feel free to correct me ;)

plus it looks cool and it was in half life and I've wanted one forever :P

that's the right meaning of SPAS... but I never saw french military using one of these. only REM800/870 etc, and sometimes (specops forces) M3, mostly M3T, the short version with the stock folding over the receiver. a super90 would look OK though IMO, and I heard it was way more usable than the SPAS12, but I never tried one of these... anyway, my advice would be : play with what you like to play with!

Sorry if this doesn't work out right...never done this before!!

Anyway, all things being equal below i have attached a pic of my french gear, or some of it. This has been collected from France for a number of years.

Trousers and Jacket Central Europe, from brocante (street market) in Arras

Desert (Daguet) Shirt from Beltring

CCE shirt from "Stocks Americains" in Berck sur Mer

Webbing bought in Albert, in the Somme

Helmet bought in Essex with netting cover

Helmet cover bought in Arras

Foreign Legion beret and Kepi

I also have a ceremonial uniform, badges, kepis and a full set of the earlier OG clothing.

post-5576-1125394331_thumb.jpg

to get a better match for uk woodland colouring, Sling ALL you cammo mgear in the machine be it french, fleck whatever so you have a good 3/4 load then chuck in a black material dye. your agerage box will do a shirt or a pair of trousers to black but with a near full load it will dull the general colour and merge them better.

Giving you a subtler colouring and a more distinctive and personal look.

French sf do kick much *albatross*, speaking as a frech hater but strangely a famas owner and a purchaser of french kit. Weird.

What kind of webbing is that? Does any web stores stock them?

it's the famas standard webbing in OD called F1 model, used before the CE camo

You could easily find a set in french surplus store(but you must come and visit us :P ) or in this shop http://www.doursoux.com/cadrehaut.us.php?action=search#

but seems to be expensive to me and of course on Ebay :huh:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/famas_W0QQflocZ1Q...ssPageNameZWD2S ;)

Archived