What is Blackwater loadout ?

Tef

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, gear manufacturer. Not sure about the merc thing, but I have an inkling you are right zero, I'm sure I read it somewhere, but I dont remember where ATM.

IIRC they are going to be making products in Multicam soon too (Not the rip off Multicam either, propper CRYE stuff) Theres a section on CRYE's official Multicam page with some info on Blackwater there.

They reside in Myock, about a 2-hour drive from my house, and they're mercenaries, in case you didn't read the links posted.

By the accounts I've heard their tactical gear is ######, so I dunno if it's designed to be worn by their operators or if it's for mass consumption.

Blackwater is a Private Security Contractor (PSC). In fact they are one of the largest PSCs in the market. I believe they also have the largest of the PSC contracts for Iraq.

As for Blackwater making gear, that is a little incorrect. Blackwater recently announced that they were going to work with Uncle Mike's (Michael's of Oregon) to develop a line of tactical equipment. So far, very little of the gear has been seen or tested by objective individuals.

In the context of this photo, however, Blackwater gear is used to refer to the generic look of a PSC. Around here, the PSC look is pretty much as follows:

5.11 Khaki Pants

Black Polo

Baseball Cap

What ever 2nd line gear you want to strap on

I hope this helps!

I've also got this Blackwater hat. Those in the photo are in fact a wargame function (more like a costume play event) in Hong Kong which people wear SF or Blackwater employees gears for some photo shots. I was also being invited, but I left for London before the event.

Most of these people use Eagle or Paraclete gears, plus 5.11 clothings or jeans.

I am not aware that Blackwater also makes tactical gears as well, but I know

they have a series of merhandise things for sale.

A mercenary by definition is someone who is hired or hires themselves out for service to a foreign army

a private contractor may well cover mercenaries but it might also cover hiring people out to private corporations and therefore they wouldn't be mercenaries.

Fundamental differance - Mercs will do anything for money. Including put babies on spikes.

some mercenaries might do that but then some soldiers might do that aswell if they were so inclined and their parent army condoned or ignored the action

so if blackwater company hires people out to armies for service then those employees are mercenaries but i don't know anything about the company so whether they do or not i don't know

anyway i was bored so i thought i'd clear this up :)

Calling a contractor a merc; It's considered an insult. A mercenary and a PMC both fight for a wage, but a mercenary, traditionally, doesn't care who is paying it, and why. You could argue semantics about the difference between the two, but to a contactor, being called a mercenary implies a lack of moral or ideological consideration.

Fair point and i already understood that point but i just thought i'd point out the dictionary definition 'cause i'm bored! :)

oh and last point just because it's fun but the Swiss Guard are mercenaries... not private contractors

well they obviously are private contractors but they fit the name mercenaries better :)

Alright here it is from wikipedia:

Mercenary - A mercenary is a soldier who fights, or engages in warfare exclusively for money, without any regard for ideological, national or political considerations. When the term is used to refer to a soldier in a regular national army, it is usually considered an insult, epithet or pejorative.

PMC - Private military contractors or private military companies (PMCs) are companies that provide logistics, manpower, and other expenditures for a military force. Contractors are civilians authorized to accompany a force in the field and, generally, cannot be the intentional object of military attack (1949 Geneva Conventions). Contractors cannot be engaged in direct support of military operations (otherwise, they may be targeted).

• 2 weeks later...

Just because you ain't got knee pads doesn't mean you should use your pistol as one!

Get a proper belt and position the holster to sit mid thigh, just above where your hand falls. This will enable you to draw your weapon (fnarr fnarr) with a simple upward movent of your hand, no croughing neccesary.

Good look with your kit purchase mate, it'll probaly get expensive!

Archived