What is Blackwater loadout ?

Tef

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tef,

Good start! I really like that M15CQB... nice and compact! A few things that would make this impression a little better would be:

1) Tuck in your polo shirt

2) Adjust your thigh holsters/subloads higher on the thigh

As you progress, there will probably be things you will want to get to complete the kit, if you are indeed trying to get a complete contractor look:

1) Rigger's Belt (These seem to be a standard item for contractors)

2) Chest harness or vest. The black LBV is too cheap looking for a contractor who makes $70,000 for 3 months of work.

3) Change out the khaki slacks for cargo pants... either 5.11s or any of the in style cargo pants will do.

Gene,

I think your comments are pretty darn rude. The whole concept of a gear forum is for people to DISCUSS their gear and, in this case, impressions. While the working of the other posts was not quite polite, they were in the nature of a discussion in the gear forums.

But hey... that's just my opinion...

Tef,

Good start!  I really like that M15CQB... nice and compact!  A few things that would make this impression a little better would be:

1) Tuck in your polo shirt

2) Adjust your thigh holsters/subloads higher on the thigh

As you progress, there will probably be things you will want to get to complete the kit, if you are indeed trying to get a complete contractor look:

1) Rigger's Belt (These seem to be a standard item for contractors)

2) Chest harness or vest.  The black LBV is too cheap looking for a contractor who makes $70,000 for 3 months of work.

3) Change out the khaki slacks for cargo pants... either 5.11s or any of the in style cargo pants will do.

Gene,

I think your comments are pretty darn rude.  The whole concept of a gear forum is for people to DISCUSS their gear and, in this case, impressions.  While the working of the other posts was not quite polite, they were in the nature of a discussion in the gear forums.

yea, im replacing the right leg hoslter with dump pouch, and im getting some form of webbing/chest rig. (at the moment im thinking about the G&P copy of ranger RACK, but not sure thats fits the overall impression)

this one, click here

Rigger's Belt <--- will the Viper Security System do the trick?

p_pouches_securitybelt.jpg

Gene,

I think your comments are pretty darn rude.  The whole concept of a gear forum is for people to DISCUSS their gear and, in this case, impressions.  While the working of the other posts was not quite polite, they were in the nature of a discussion in the gear forums.

Yes, well that is your opinion, which you are entitled to. However, I too have an opinion, which I exercise regularly. And if you took my post seriously, I'm sorry, but the use of misspelled words such as "shaddup" should suggest I wasn't being particularly serious. However, I didn't add a smiley according to the rules. So, you are right, I am wrong. Sorry. Now Shaddup! :P

This decision is all about your ultimate goals. If you are trying to get into the geardo scene, I would probably skip the replicas and go with some real deal stuff. As an example, you can get a TT MAV and 4 SDS M4 pouches for just a little more then the cost of the G&P replica.

G&P Replica - $83 or £46

-or-

TT MAV - $47 or £26

SDS Double M4 CQB Pouch - $11.50 or £6.50

Total: about £52

The key is that the TT MAV has a lifetime warrantee, is the real deal, and is more typical of the gear you see on contractors.

Gene:

It's all good... all in the reading I guess :blink:

This decision is all about your ultimate goals.  If you are trying to get into the geardo scene, I would probably skip the replicas and go with some real deal stuff.  As an example, you can get a TT MAV and 4 SDS M4 pouches for just a little more then the cost of the G&P replica. 

G&P Replica - $83 or £46

-or- 

TT MAV - $47 or £26 

Total: about £52 

The key is that the TT MAV has a lifetime warrantee, is the real deal, and is more typical of the gear you see on contractors.

Gene:

It's all good... all in the reading I guess  :blink:

oh, thats interesting. any chance you can tell me where i can get hold of the TT MAV ? my bidget for the vest is around 70-80 pounds, so i guess i can afford that :D

thanks

I sincerely doubt these things will convert from $ > £ that nicely :) Shipping and customs often mean that if something costs $100, it'll probably end up costing £100 :P

I've been trying to find pouches in the UK for my thingy-bob. But it's not cheap either way.

Archived