MG36,SL9,XM8 "Custom" pics

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eltee, I have always been envious of your MG36?...

I just love that foregrip. I would get it but I don't like the whole light set up.

Thats why I'm getting the SL9.

~P

I actually bought the real steel dual optic carry handle and Surefire forend for use on a real steel gun. Here is a photo of the real steel I am in the final process of acquiring, lots of paperwork. I hope to have it in my possession soon at which time I will do another "Airsoft vs. Real Steel" photo & text comparison like I did on the P90, M4, USP, etc.

MyNuToy.jpg

It is essentially an HK SL8 converted into a semiauto G36 clone.

Edited by eltee
will it take full size G36 mags?

You have a choice, the conversions allow use of AR15/M16 mags OR G36 mags. Most people choose the AR15 magwell conversion as AR mags are cheaper and easier to find. Here is a photo of my (soon to be) new gun with the mags. It has the AR magwell.

MyNewToy.jpg

Here is a photo showing the modification kit.

SemiConverted.jpg

It is interesting that so many airsofters take a G36 and convert it into an SL8 or 9, whereas so many real steel folks take an SL8 and convert it into a G36 lookalike.

Edited by eltee
Oh, Sweet Jesus! My Eyes!!!!!

I can't believe anyone would want to use AR15 mags in it. I guess it would be practical....but it looks like *beep*.

~P

You can get translucent AR mags that sort of look like the HK G36 mags...you can count rounds, etc. AR mags are a dime a dozen whereas the HK's cost me nearly 5 times as much when I can find them. Honestly, the AR magwell is the most popular even though the conversion kit maker can supply a magwell to fit the G36 mags. I MAY convert the magwell at a later date.

An airsoft note, my real steel G36 mags lock right on to the airsoft mags.

On a somewhat different subject, yet related, does anyone make a drum mag with only one drum for armalites or the G36. Or is it possible to cut a C-Mag in half and use only one drum instead of both? Basically I'm curious to see if there are any asymmetrical drum designs out there, or if they're possible to produce out of a C-Mag. And no, I'm not talking about the TOP 1000rd drum mag.

Good god, why so many mags... my fingers are hurting just thinking about loading them...

eltee, if I may ask how much did the surefire grip cost...

Alex "Col Sanders"

I got a cop deal on the Surefire so it was under $300.00 US. Please note the magazine loading tool in the photo...a definite finger saver. :D

It is the normal G36 stock. Theres only the G36 stock and the G36c stock, the G36k uses the same as the fullsize version.

Thanks for that.

Yeah, I knew there were only two stocks, but I just said KE because I forgot about the regular G36.

thanks

~P

hmm it looks quite nice with the kinda navy receiver actaully. IMHO that is.

so flame me for it all you like!

so which parts from a g36c do you need for the sl9 conversion as ive been looking into it for a long time?

love sl9s!

and that looks like my grandads house cept the leather and the sl9! :huh:

but looks ace!