kwa usp compact

i decided that it was time to get my first GBB, the first gun that came to mind, was the kwa glock 17, but this was out of stock, so i decided to get a different pistol and wait for a glock 17 to get into stock. My choice was between the tm m92f and the kwa usp compact, i decided to get the usp compact, because i had heard nothing but good things about it.

Price

i bought it new for £79.99 from Airsoft Armouries with two cans of hfc green gas and 2 bottles of 3000 goldfire bbs, totalling £107.69 posted by courier.

A Small Bit About The Retailer

Airsoft Armouries, i have nothing but good things to say about them, i ordered it on Tuesday 9th of August at 10am, it arrived on wednesday 10th of August at midday, now that is fast shipping.

Airsoft Armouries get a big thumbs up from me :)

First Impressions

It came in a fairly plain black box with the words KWA KP8 compact, universal self-loading pistol in grey and white among other words.

Upon opening the box, i found (sealed in plastic and in styrofoam) a safety manual, the gun, loading rod, alternative magazine plate, hop-up adjuster and a locking tool (unique to the uspc).

Build quality

the uspc is mainly plastic, with few metal parts, such as the mag and a couple of others, but the amount of plastic is not noticable, it is very realistic (even with all those plastic parts) the slide could quite easily be mistaken for metal from a few metres away, it has full trades on the slide and frame, Markings on the slide are as follows

left side of slide

HK usp compact 9mmx19 starting from near the barrel going back to just under the ejection port and a few more markings below the end of that (AB and some symbols).

right side of slide

there are no markings on the right side of the slide, except on the ejection port, where it says... HK 9mmx19 and a serial no. below it and to the left side of the ejection port there is a small red line (something to do with it being cocked or not in real-steal)

left side of frame

an eagle with a N below it, just above the end of the trigger guard, S in white and F in red on the saftey catch and on the grip it says HK usp

right side of frame

at the top of the grip, just below the slide, it says Heckler & Koch GmbH, on the grip it says pat. pend. and where the safety catch is on the other side, there is a small white line.

other areas

on the bottom of the trigger guard, it says WARNING refer to owner's manual and on the bottom of the end of the frame, it says Heckler & Koch INC and then a serial number on a silver plate (beneath Heckler & Koch INC) and then below that it says Sterling . VA

On the bottom of the left side of the mag, it says id 9x19 c, then beneath that US.Lot.5.568.696 and on the rear of the mag, it has four holes with the numbers in order from top, going down, 4 6 8 10.

Firing It

so far i have put about 80 rounds through it and the recoil was sharp and hard, i was very impressed with the blowback, at its most powerful, it can jump quite a bit, more than you'd expect. It locked back every time, with no problems and the slide cycling is very fast.

So far i've only fired it at a target from about 15m-20m away and my aimed shots (from standing up, with no rest) have been fairly accurate, mostly getting in the first 4 rings of the bulls-eye target if i remember rightly (i will do a proper accuracy test in a day or two.)

*i haven't adjusted the hop-up yet, but it seems ok at the moment*

Weight

this is a very heavy replica, weighing in at between 720-725 grams, compared to the real-steal version which has a weight of 730 grams, which is very close and a barely noticeable difference

Conclusion

I'd say this was a very good gun, its fairly cheap and from what i've seen so far, accurate and powerful, i would recommend this to a newb or an airsoft vet.

value for money - - - 9/10, at £79.99 its cheaper than most, the only thing cheaper, that i can think of are the kwa glocks.

efficiency - - - - - - - 8/10, i haven't done a full charge yet, but for a 2/3 second charge i've got around a mag (21 rounds), i will confirm this tomorrow though.

quality - - - - - - - - - 9/10, its very solid and the plastic (such as the slide) even looks metal, but the trades on the slide aren't very deep (not that this matters to much)

upgradability - - - - - 8/10, there is a fair amount of things you can do with it, 20mm rail for lasers, torches etc. and there a few metal slide and barrel kits around, the bottom of the mag is also interchangable, you can either have curved or flat.

overall - - - - - -- - -- 9/10, this is a great gun visually and perfomance wise, solid, full trades, powerful blowback and more. Highly recommended to all.

*i've been using it with hfc green gas and goldfire .20g bbs*

pics to follow, proper accuracy test, proper shots per charge test and more.

if you have any questions about the uspc or the review please post here.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i haven't got the pics onto my computer yet, but without adjusting the hop-up, i got 3-4 inch groupings on a small target, from 15 metres away.

and from 10 metres, i got 10, 10, 9, 9, 9, 8, 8, which is about 2 inch(ish) groupings.

which tbh isn't bad for non adjusted hop-up.

and without adjusting the hop-up, i can easily hit a man sized target from 20 metres.

also, on a full charge, i got 85 shots, which i think is very good.

and when firing the mag off, as fast as possible (all 21-22 shots) a mag of gas, usually puts enough out for that.

so far, i've put alot of bbs through it and i've had no problems (about 2000 rounds)

also, i've put hfc green through it, on every shot, with no problems at all (even in around 20-21 degrees c...)

i will add pictures soon and do another accuracy test, when i've managed to properly adjust the hop-up...

and, i'd like to say, that the slide, and various other parts of the gun, do look incredibly metal and you can only really tell, when you touch it and even then, you can't be totally sure, that its plastic.

and in comparison, it has slightly less kick than a glock 19 with a metal slide on green, so if you weren't sure, its rather hard kicking.

edit: added something

Edited by Guest

i did find, that with the non-curved mag bottom, that it ocassionally had to be slapped in a bit harder. But that has stopped after some fair use.

and silentscope, if you could post a couple of pics, that'd be great. Because it will be a day or two before i can post pics.

and just to make a correction, it doesn't have a 20mm weaver rail, it looked like it, but then i tried to mount a torch and it didn't work.

glad to help :) and i hope you like your new gun

i'll fiddle with the hop-up, when i get some more gas and i need to find the time to upload pics (i'm awaiting my kwa m11 and a ton of gas and ammo, which i will also be reviewing :) )

I love my little USP as well, the only thing i would hold against it is the fact that you really have to use the loading tool, as you cannot pull down the mag spring due the mag not having a cut out in the front.

You can still feed BBs in manually, but it is a much more fiddly process than on my Sig, Glock etc.

Overall though a great little gun.

I love my little USP as well, the only thing i would hold against it is the fact that you really have to use the loading tool, as you cannot pull down the mag spring due the mag not having a cut out in the front.

You can still feed BBs in manually, but it is a much more fiddly process than on my Sig, Glock etc.

Overall though a great little gun.

Personally, I find it just as quick pushing the BB's in with my finger, so I usually do bother with the loading tool because it's one extra thign to carry around.

The USPc is my first and only GBB and I'm very happy with it, great gun and greatly recommended.

Hey i got a KWA USP compact and i was wondering if u guys know the best way to get a front sight, i got the metal slide version and the front sight slide off, but it didnt come with instructions or a diagram like most guns so i have no clue what to do.if u know a site that sells parts or if u know the part' number on the diagram it would help thanks.

The extra cost is placed on the KSC gun to cover the costs of having a sexy young asian lady carry it by hand from the KWA factory across the road to the KSC factory to have it's KSC logo stamped on.

Edited by Surreel Big Fish
Well, it'll cost more. And the box will have "KSC" on it. And... er...

Quoted for truth

i seriously hope there'll be better reliability or something...

Not really :unsure:

The extra cost is placed on the KSC gun to cover the costs of having a sexy young asian lady carry it by hand from the KWA factory across the road to the KSC factory to have it's KSC logo stamped on.

:lol::unsure:

aren't the internals slightly different ? I remeber hearing it uses a piston cup while the other doesn't :./?

Afaik no :unsure:

i know thats the case with the KWA/KSC Glocks, but i thought it was better finish, more reliable etc etc...

No, same materials, same internals afaik :unsure: the only real difference is the trades ;)

oh cock...

anyway, after about six mags of green through it the end of the slide sheared off, flew off, complete with blowback chamber, and hit me in the *fruitcage* mouth...

now i have zero working pistols...

cock.

o well, this can only mean one thing...

metal goodness :D

oh cock...

anyway, after about six mags of green through it the end of the slide sheared off, flew off, complete with blowback chamber, and hit me in the *fruitcage* mouth...now i have zero working pistols...

cock.

o well, this can only mean one thing...

metal goodness :D

Sorry, but :rofl::rofl::rofl: ahhhh :P

but thats pretty unlucky :unsure: