kids with springers giving us a bad name! again

sniper101

ive just read in my local newspaper how a group of teenagers were held by police after threatening to kill two children with a bb gun! they were held by trojan units (armed police) before the police realised they were toys. the paper described the springer as an offensve weapon. for christ sake they even had dog units! its because of these few that airsoft isnt as mainstream in britain as it should be. what does anyone else think about this?

Sounds fair to me. Poor little bugger must've been scared shitless.

I reckon if the enitire Arnie's crew and some more Airsoft forums (UK) people sign a petition, we could at least get the Government to consider introducing licensing to sell, and all we have to do is get the retailers to agree that there IS a problem, and that, in order to make the sport more popular, they need to apply for licences. This way, all those dodgy retailers can't sell them, and the sport gets a better name, thus making it more popular, and resulting in more income for the retailers anyway.

Nick

Nick

we should shoot the makers of the crappy springers <_< because only do i see springers used in this manner. i've only heard of 1 instance where it was an AEG, somewhere in the midwest US a drunk guy went around ranting and raving in the streets with an AEG M4 and aimed it at a cop, so he got shot.

although its tempting to hope one of the little bleeders gets lit up at some point, I can't imagine the sight of a tearful mother denouncing the "evil toys" that led her son to be shot will do a great deal of good for airsofts rep in the UK. but heyho...

Archived