STOP THE PRESS! Yet another Scoop for Arnies!

FarEast

I can't beleive it but some of you are going to go nuts bouncing off the ceiling while others are going to groan with disapointment!!!!

TM's next gun will be the Enfield SA-80: L85A1 and L85A2 assault rifle.

Now there is some debate if its going to be the BOYS version or the full size replica so if any of you are planning to submit a petition, submit it now for a full size L85A1/A2!!!!

I will post a pic once i have scanned th info sheet i was given by TM.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course, by the bloody time this gets released, the ironic thing will be that we in the UK probably won't be allowed to buy them over here anyhow.

Ye Gods, how stuffed up is THAT gonna be? :(

Then i would have to setup an illegal gun run through Asia into the Isle of Wright and through out the UK!!!!!

:ph34r:

Didn't TM announce a boys version of the SA80 years ago?

Don't get too excited just yet...

Cheers.

It was confirmed by the PR team at TM headquarters in Tokyo so if they says it's thier next gun then I beleive them ....how long it takes them to complete it I have no idea!

Well as we all know, they are banning the import of replica firearms but according to the blurb on www.zerooneairsoft.co.uk,

"the ban does not extend to components and accessories so you be able to maintain your guns and keep them in good repair"

So we just gotta all become gun smiths, order every part separately and assemble them in merry o'l blighty....if they sell all the spare parts for new guns....

But for things like TM AK's and such, a full selections of parts are already available. It would not be illegal, it would be a pain in the bottom, but not illegal.

Personally i think theres hope for those of us waiting for the SA80 or maybe the future MP7.

Yippee!!! In 2020 we'll have an L85a2 made by Tokyo Marui!!!

In all seriousness, sounds pretty good to me. I find myself strangely attracted to this rifle, even though its got a horrible real steel reputation and is ugly as sin. Lookin forward to the pictures, and ultimately, the final product.

FarEast, seems like you've become Arnie's in the field reporter for all things airsoft in japan. All of the blackhole show stuff, including the marui m14 and g&g um"g", and now this. +1 for you good man :)

"the ban does not extend to components and accessories so you be able to maintain your guns and keep them in good repair"

So we just gotta all become gun smiths, order every part separately and assemble them in merry o'l blighty....if they sell all the spare parts for new guns....

hate to burst you bubble but that actually counts as MANUFACTURING a replica weapon, and under the VCR bull is illegal

WOOT on the L85A2 full sised no blody boys version, then we can chuse between the CA and TM (thats if they actually get made)

Hi,

Great news, though not looking forward to explaining why i ned another gun to my mum lol.

Sounds like Tm reckon we're going down the pan and are gonna rush this one in (with the usual bugs that you get when rushed), to squeeze the final few pound out the UK market

Other than better plastic i can't see it being much different from an academy with famas internals. though i hope they get the susat wobble fixed (really not bothers about mag, i'd jsut like the sight to be relatively accurate) or just give us iron sights

at least someone will make an after market metal body soonish, good for the hongkong market. where do trades stand on this? i mean enfield went bust so no one to sue?

Lmao it's just occured to me i said that TM would announce one just after the bill came into effect, this is close enough to count :)

Cheers

Mig

Hi,

Great news, though not looking forward to explaining why i ned another gun to my mum lol.

Sounds like Tm reckon we're going down the pan and are gonna rush this one in (with the usual bugs that you get when rushed), to squeeze the final few pound out the UK market

Other than better plastic i can't see it being much different from an academy with famas internals. though i hope they get the susat wobble fixed (really not bothers about mag, i'd jsut like the sight to be relatively accurate) or just give us iron sights

at least someone will make an after market metal body soonish, good for the hongkong market. where do trades stand on this? i mean enfield went bust so no one to sue?

Lmao it's just occured to me i said that TM would announce one just after the bill came into effect, this is close enough to count :)

Cheers

Mig

Hmm to say it took TM 3 months to produce the M14 i don't think we really need to be worring about what poor quality due to rushing now do we?

DAMN YOU TM!!!!!

I'd just reached the decision that all AEGs on the market bored me to tears, and I was going to go for a purely gas loadout, with possibly an mp5a5 or K as a winter backup, and now TM announce THIS...

*stands up, head bowed in resignation, marches over to HiFi and pulls out dusty, much-neglected CD, insert it into Hifif, and presses play-

-The opening stanzas of "Fanfare for the Common Man" launch themselves into the air at top volume*

*CH takes to jumping around the house making crowd cheering noises*

It was confirmed by the PR team at TM headquarters in Tokyo so if they says it's thier next gun then I beleive them ....how long it takes them to complete it I have no idea!

I thought you said it wasn't clear whether it was a Boys gun or full sized?

I was saying that they've already announced a Boys Series gun, so surely it will be that.

Did you mean that it WILL be a full size?

Cheers.

FAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFA

PFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFA

PFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFA

PFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAP

*Hand catches fire*

Well, what I was talking about was the fact that all the Marui guns that have built in optics such as the P90, MP5 RAS, and AUG mil have all been discontinued because of what many think is a optic mold problem.

But, that is only a rumor. I dont personally think that is why they took those off the market.

My version, they either want to discontinue those specific models to make way (and manufacturing room) for the new series of AEPs and the proposed L85. The other possible reason is that they just sucked and they weren't making enough money off the ones with built in sights...

I hope the L85 is good...if it is full size. I probably won't buy one, I just hate the real steel design. Might be a good gun to rape and get as much possible things onto it....

~P

Archived