STOP THE PRESS! Yet another Scoop for Arnies!

FarEast

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I don't get is the V2/3 ###### - it's a BULLPUP! Where would the pistol-grip mounted motor go???

V1/6 for the win, fellows.

The AUG has a Ver3 gearbox. I say it's pixy dust. They can use the V6 gearbox, probably. Maybe. It depends on how much room is behind the mag well. That's where the gearbox has to sit.

My friend have successfully built a couple of L85s.. all version of it (L85,L86,carbine), from all version of available model (korean, Taiwan springer/electrics).

The best result was one using a springer + marui v2/3 (m4) box but the motor needs to be move, with this model he managed to get the semi/auto selector to work and the safetly to work and not only they work and are in the right place. I have seen other mods, using version 6 (p90) box or V1 (FAMAS) box, this gun have some problem with m4 mags, and the safelty or selector not in the right place or not having one.

The sa80 that i have uses Marui M4 300 rdn mags, required very little effort in inserting and removing the mag, with a 1000 motor and a modified box (with a standard spring -cos i played with a standard powered team) That gun can empty out a mag as faster as any other AEG, without jams or problem. The ejection port also open (only 1/3 open due to space constraint) and the hopup can be adjusted from the opening. The scope.. will it truely is a piece of @#$# but thats cos i have not save enough for a SUSAT or have time to mount a proper scope of some sort on it.

so my vote is a V2/3 if they want to use it with M4 mags, or they might modified that version if they wnat to use a specific mag for the sa80

So if I understood correctly: It is in their catalog, classified as "We think about it but nothing sure". Now TM confirmed that they really think about it, but no R&D so far, because they couldn't make up their mind about the actual size. Conclusion: They've done absolutely nothing with the L85. As I've read one too many "XY is making the L85" threads over the years, I belive it when I see it for pre-order on WGC.

yes i did and i still am, TM have now proven they can release a gun within 3 months of very very high quality metal parts...see my post on the M14.

Now they said that the next gun was going to be the L85A1 but they are not sure what size the final production model will be ......so they are at the point of fabricating either a full size EAG or a Boys version

Archived