KWC Mini Uzi Upgrade

Firebrand

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like these happy people I would like to do this mod on my Uzi but don't want to have to open an account with say Dentrinity for only $16 dollars as I will likely never need anything from them again.

Would another member in the UK who orders from Dentrinity consider ordering the Shooters Design Metal Piston Head Set For Marui Hi Capa 5.1 Government (RPS096) for me and when it arrives I could pay you and contibute to any extra costs you may have occurred from Customs and postage to me etc.

If anybody could help that would be great.

PM me if you can help and I'll pass on my details.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

OK in quest to reduce the output to something skirmishable Ive finally got hold of a mag valve key and a chrono

Plan is to pack the valve outlet holes then redrill them in a smaller diameter to make a loflo valve, but for a quick n dirty test to see if it had any effect I Unscrewed the valve took it out wrapped the outlets with tape and pierced a few pinholes to let it breathe a little

FPS on green with valve extremely restricted

231 first shot

220 ish on average for semi shots with 5 to 10 seconds between shots (little bit o coldown effect on subsequent shots)

on a burst of 10 shots on auto last shot reading was 201 (even more cooldown)

stripped valve back out removed tape refilled with same gas and same type of BBs

for comparative chrono of unrestricted green

fps on green

first shot 379

avg other semi shots 368

last shot reading 10 round auto burst 301

With valve so heavily restricted the ROF obviously goes thru the floor but it still cycles without a hitch (you dont end up with the 'wont blow the bolt back vents gas syndrome' as found when the top of mag CO2 reg is left in the mag and mag filled with green)

Plan now is to get some material and fill the holes in the valve properly then drill them out a little at a time till I hit sweet spot (bigger than with tape but smaller than originals)

For next test I'll probably use pipe repair paste let it harden rock solid then dremel out a bit at a time (though best long term option would be to braze it up and drill into metal)

Other than the O ring'd piston head to bring the efficiency up, the only other mod I made was to shave the rocket valve inside the loading muzzle so it travels inside the loading muzzle smoothly without any resistance This had no impact on FPS of the unmodified valve and overall Id recklon is doing nothing at all

I only mention it as that controls start of the blow back cycle and as it now closes off forward venting of gas down the barrel more easily than before, it might just be having an impact on the ability of the bolt to cycle properly on the restricted valves output

(even if it is having that effect I wouldnt expect it to be a neccessary mod if i can tune the mag valves flow up to point where the uzi kicks out 320 so please if you're going to have a play leave that bit alone as its a one way trip if it gets buggered up)

Ideal thing as far as I can see about a mag mod on this rather than lighter hammer spring etc is that you could keep a CO2 mag for plinking and modified mags for skirmish?

stevie

Success!! A decent just under 1 joule FPS :)

Redid the mag valve with B+Q plumbers mate paste - horrible stinking brown putty stuff similar idea to a 2 part epoxy (a hardner mixed into the paste that reacts when you squidge it together)

Wrapped a small strip of it around the original valve outlet holes as a continuous band of putty cleaned it up to avoid covering the valve threads etc. gave the valve a push or two to make sure excess putty hadnt forced its way against the valve and then left it an hour to harden.

Drilled 4 holes in the mag valve pretty much where the originals were at 3 6 9 and 12 oclock (for size I made them comparable to those in a KJW glock 27 mag valve)

First shot: 319 FPS

semi shots with a second or two in between 306 - 301 FPs

last shot of a ten round auto burst 276 FPs

I'll try a couple of full mags thru it tomorrow when the neighbours are out :)

The plumbers mate stuff hardens ok - the problem is dremmeling it as the ###### being drilled goes in the way into the valve rather than out the way (though you can clean it out reasonably easily with a pin after you've drilled the holes)

I still reckon brazing or proper chemical metal will be safer if you want to skirmish one - the plumbers mate stuff will probably get a bit brittle and could either crumble and temporarily jam the mag valve (zero FPs) or drop into the mag itself opening the valve back up (370FPS ouch!)

course if theres another non-hiflow style valve that fits the KWC UZI mags it would save a lot of buggering about

stevie

Got chance to try this out with a full mag on auto today

Cycled fine emptied the mag in a oner

Paused to reload the mag and managed another 18 shots out of it on full auto before gas ran out (21 left in second mags worth)

so end result is 320FPS max and 57 rounds full auto per charge of green gas :)

stevie

• 2 months later...

I´ve got a question about this, I ´ve purchsed the MINI with the piston head and green gas adapter, This will be 360FPS????

May I reduce it by ussing a less Powerful gas such as hfc134 or Winter Gas (HFC22+HFC134 by CYBERGUN)???

In Spain power limits are in 330 fps and I want to use it in games...

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
You can use this: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/prod...sp?prodID=10702

its an adapter to fit on to your gun, and it reduce the velocity so you can use it for skirmishes, fits on any 14 CW/CCW thread like a silencer, so no more modifying. hurrah!

:D

Except that it doesn't work well on full auto, and it might not work that well on a gas gun (if at all), depending on a few things.

-Sale

and it wont fit on a uzi anyway as Uzi silencers thread on instead of the barrel locking nut which leaves you a couple of inches of barrel in the way of the thread (which is substantially larger than 14mm)

as long as you've got a bit of patience the mag gas release valve is easy enough to mod (Better still would be direct replacement valve that didnt have such insanely large holes as standard but Ive still to find an alternative)

• 1 month later...

I just installed the Shooters design piston head. And I must say, absolutely amazing. I'm getting one mag and three quarters using mixed burst and semi-auto, and one and a half mags using full auto. The ROF on full auto has substantially increased. Bravo, excellent modification and a must for any mini uzi owners!

• 2 months later...

These fellowa can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they are referring to the old version mini uzi. The new release has addressed the gas consumption issues--probably with a redesigned valve just as they've done. Check Redwolf, they list the new version. Or airsplat.com--they also have the new version. I'll be ordering one of these in the very near future.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I know this thread hasn't been active in awhile, but I thought this should be posted here.

I have been playing around with my Mini and have figured out how to all but stop the cooldown.

You need to do two simple things.

1. Remove the Nozzle Location Assembly and insert a small 1/2 long pin in the spring, behind the plunger to limit the travel of the spring loaded pin.

2. Take the Gas control piece out of the nozzle and carefully grind it down about .080(the depth of the current tip radius) and re-radius it.

This does two things, it limits the amount of gas into the feed nozzle and limits the travel of the recoil on the feed nozzle. The gun still works perfectly, but by limiting the amount of gas expanding into the piston to cycle the gun, it all but emiminates cool down. I can burn an entire mag with no slowdown of the cyclic rate or loss in FPS.

I can take pics if anybody needs them.

Next up, conserving enough gas to get thru 2 full mags and a skirmishable FPS.

locater1.jpg

This is a pic of the Nozzle locator Assembly taken apart. I used a little screw to take up the space, as that is what I had handy.

locater2.jpg

This picture shows the relation of where to place the filler screw(or pin)

locater3.jpg

And this is the whole thing assembled.

gaspiece1.jpg

Here is the Gas Control part after I ground it down and re-radiused it. The calipers are open to the original length. I took off about .080

gaspiece2.jpg

What you are seeing here is the Gas Control part, extending from the front of the nozzle after everything has been assembled. It now protrudes about .100 I am not sure if this part varies much from gun to gun, but this is what you should be looking at trying to achieve.

piston.jpg

This is just a custom piston Ii made on my lathe using red ABS. I fit the O-Ring until it was very snug and lubed it well. I also rolled up some 300grit sand paper and smoothed out the inside of the cylinder so the new piston had a nice surface to mate with.

Hope this helps some one else out as much as it has helped me out with my gun.

• 2 months later...

Archived