let's talk about camo that you wont put on

Tef

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lmao look at this !!!:

http://www2.ttcn.ne.jp/~camouflage/image/botswana_camo.jpg

it's like an hawaiian shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

which is why i wouldn't wear it - because the bermuda shorts you'd have to wear with it simply wouldn't fit in in the long grass :P

(it's botswanan camo btw)

surprisingly i quite like that. i prefer this over flecktern.

Tef, I think we can safely assume that any fashionable pattern is off the cards :) Let's try and slate the cam's actually used in the field.

Did I mention Multicam yet? ;) If that's even used by anyone...

Multicam was suppose to be used by the US Army. I think they still may, but I think they chose the ACU oiver it. BAD DECISION. but ACU looks cool.

I won't wear any pattern that hasn't been or isn't currently issued, for the purpose of reenacting. Multicam is ghey because only geardos wear it. No military does. Its been alleged that contractors in Iraq use it, but most of the ones I know have generally gone the jeans-and-t shirt route.

Jules:

that pic - the way you compared and judged the camo isn't exactly the best method, I must say.

Guys hiding in the bush would be right under/inside etc and not just over it.

The 3 styles were just stuck on the picture whereas the tree line is something like 10 metres away, when a person in hiding would not just pop himself "over there by the trees"

You wouldn't have pictures of guys wearing said camos and inside bushes/about the field would you?

Also, a soldier would choose camo depending on where he "operates". The foliage and stuff are all slightly different colour and shade in my opinion. As a person who likes travelling and had been travelling a lot, I know there is no all purpose camo.

I just realised now I've pretty much flown way off your original subject matter there... but do you get what I mean though? :P

I highly doubt the pattern is "gay" But geardos wear it because it works. I could care less if a country uses something aslong as it works, and heres some evidence it works in many enviornments.

Urban(ish)

MultiCam1.jpg

Desert

Multicam3.jpg

Woodland (best woodland pic I could find)

Multicam4.jpg

Grass(kinda)

Multicam2.jpg

All cpoyrighted by CryePrecision, 2004.

I see what you mean and I agree with you, but I didn't make the picture :P I had it floating around the hard drive and posted it because I saw the discussion of digital and standard forms of camo. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find some US Woodland vs MARPAT photos using actual soldiers, i'll google around and see what I can find. :)

Rocky desert pic is really good... unfortunately, you could spend tens of thousands finding the right pattern, but how many places in the world would that blend in with I wonder?

The government would only fund projects where a new or different camo is needed for certain regions of operation obviously.

I just wished the the British MoD was given a BIT more pocket money. :(

thing is...

Camouflage is only required in open or semi open areas.

You're better off wearing sports gear, a tac-vest with quick draw... and that's that. [we were soldiers quotes may begin] :P

oops, forgot I was still posting :P left it open for like... ages

yeah well. I'm not paid or trained to kill foreigners, so I won't go further. :)

But geardos wear it because it works

Geardos wear it because they don't get shot at for a living ;)

And DPM sucks? Yeah, it sucks real bad... At 10 feet. In daylight. Without a team of dedicated post-production designers doctoring it before posting it on the Crye website.

shoot086.jpg

There's far more to cam & concealment than just chucking on a set of DPM (of any type) and smearing cam cream all over your face and hands.

To cam yourself up to point of being nearly invisible takes forever, and regardless of what you do, nothing is hard to spot at 20 metres in perfect daylight. Try finding a trained soldier in CS95 (or anything else for that matter) correctly cam'ed at 200m and you won't say in doesn't work so freely.

And lets face, no one is going to spend 30mins on cam everytime they change environment in an airsoft game, not even the most hardcore of geardo's.

point!

reality takes hold? let's hope so.

Wouldn't it be nice if the world was environmentally consistent :lol:.

Roll out of bed in your dpm jammies having avoided detection for sleeping through your watch, stroll onto the battle field towards enemy lines only to find everyone else is doing the same thing...

It's like a game of tag, only like you're blind, even though you're not.

A newer type of war fare is upon us!!!! :o

You may trip over a cam'ed soldier and fall to your death!!! :scaredpooless:

Or take a poo on top of a cam'ed soldier... :mellow:

----------------------------------------

Eddie, but at 200Metres, you'll really need to expect someone to be there, or it'll get hard to spot, unless you're flourescent, flashing or something. How's olive gear for camouflage? Could you just slap some mud and shrub onto yourself to make it better concealed?

Archived