let's talk about camo that you wont put on

Tef

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

US Woodland sucks. And British DPM. Poo-poo.

So boring. So late-70s NATO exercise.

I love the Danish M84 and the Swedish splinter gear, thats really cool. Dunno if it works in our climate though!

The newer digital camo is neat, it kinda blurs up a bit, very slick.

Dirty olive drab is quite good. Rub a bit of muck in and you're set!

Well looking at the new multicam it is good, found him in all but the desert one. But DPM is still quite good. A guy in DPM lay down in a forest will go unnoticed unless you are specifically looking at him, which is the idea of cam, to make you blend in, no cam no matter how good if your looking for the said guy you will find him, however by such time id assume you to be dead :D

(Since everyone else is dragging this thread from the depths..)

The US use multicam.

The British Army keep a Desert smock in their rucksacks for (say) when traversing ripe corn fields.

There's an old 'Net legend about space pen vs. Soviet pencil ;)

I wouldn't wear anything other than DPM. Not only because its so awesome.... but because it perfectly matches the British enviroment.

I wouldn't wear flecktarn- its just too late in the year ish (because i cant spell autumn) and too dotty to really do it for me.

Too right, British all the way :)

I wont wear anything else coz its not British, and it makes sense as I am in Britain after all.

Maybe at a push some US Tri colour webbing, as UK stuff is rare or ###### :(

I love DPM :)

I've always hated Flecktarn and US Woodland.

Cheers

F

edit - I just spotted the 'reason' bit... Well, Flecktarn looks like dried vomit to me and US Woodland always strikes me as looking something like 1960s DPM that's been left-out in the sun too long. ;) Anyway, it's a rare camo that will work to hide you without the addition of a bit of extra local foliage/rocks/vehicles/wildlife/buildings but I suppose this is a question more about looks than efficacy so I stand by my views :)

If you've ever doubted DPM then you should know that it used to be the most effective camouflage pattern in the world before the advent of digital camo.

Personally i wouldn't wear,

Flecktarn (Just not me)

Alpenflage (looks like you're wearing a pizza)

Everything else is cool

Any russian camo's, Woodland MARPAT and

personally does anyone know if multicam works in a deep forest not lying down on a soil bed but stood up next to a very dark green bush, i've never seen any pictures of it like that, probably because it doesn't work very well on it, and the manufacturers don't want to jeopardize there product

Multicam is exactly what the name implies: its the most universal pattern there is. That said, its gaining the nickname AIRSOFTPAT because mostly airsofters are using it. There's been some talk of sightings of a couple of SOF guys using it, but its not gonna catch on as an issued pattern. No army has adopted it, so its mostly in the collector end of the scale.

Archived