New US Army ACU Clothing

Mouse

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just hope the Air Force doesn't adopt ACU, right now they're using woodland and black boots, but I did see one of the Army officers today in ACU... it was horrible... have to put one of those "Mr. Yuck" stickers on it from way back when  ;)

But I'll stick with my German BDUs, they've held up VERY well over the past couple years...  ;)

well, with what I plan on going into I'll probably still be wearing normal camo...  :D

as blue isn't as intimidating or as practical as normal woodland camo (what the hell am I saying, I need to see a pshrink..)  :huh:

USAF are now trialing DigiTiger (digital tigerstripe) it looks quite good I have some on the way, along with some ACU...

Just found images of issue 3rd gen, same as mine.

http://www.ahgmilitaria.com/ACU.html

I know it's 3rd gen as I asked as was replied this is the latest set of colors out.

Same exact as mine.

Let's remember, the exact name of that weird green is "foliage green" ;)

Yup, I have the same ones you do. Guess it's 3rd Gen...

I've ordered a set from AHG too, cuz I thought they might have an even newer version. But if it's the same one I have now - looks like I'll have a duplicate set. *lol*

From some of the other pics I've seen of those in operation (trying to find link to those pics right now) - some of the soldier's ACU seem green even in daylight.

Which contractor made your ACU? Mine is from Propper (with an NSN)...

Edit: Found the link: Mountain Infantry you can browse through the images and see some looks greener than the one we have. But then again, perhaps it's the ACU chameleon playing tricks again... <_<

Took some pics of my ACU out at a local field (very sunny day) - the uniform looks grey to me... LINK1 and LINK 2; a total opposite of what it looks like when indoors. I ought to take some indoor vs. outdoor pics ...

But as you can see from the pics that I took and the ones from Mountain Infantry - the ACUs look different. Or is it just me?

Edit:  Found the link:  Mountain Infantry you can browse through the images and see some looks greener than the one we have.

So if you go airsofting in the Rocky Mountains above the tree line - your ARPAT ACU will camouflage you nicely among the rocks.

If you go down to the woods to play, it sucks!

aay.sized.jpg

In my super humble opinion, this uniform wasn't made for woodland. I think it wasn't intended to be since its design stages.

So read again: never meant to work effectively in the woods.

The reason could be the fact that the US Army plans to use its forces in such types of terrain (desertic/Urban) for the next ten years or so.

It does say the uniform is an all terrain (including the word "woodland" for last, after desert and urban) but it's just plain marketing statements.

This is my own, humble conclusion, mind you. I could be well mistaken and the US Army simply has made a huge mistake.

But since I (want to) believe they would never do such a big plain unthought move (would they really?), I gave myself this reason ;)

After all, the Marines have a very effective - or rather effective - camo that will work in woodland.

So it's not like the United States of America wouldn't have forces that can fight - effectively camoed - in all types of regions terrains.

EDIT: Cali thanks for that link. I had seen that picture (I am in that thread as well) but I was looking for somehting even more evident ;)

In my super humble opinion, this uniform wasn't made for woodland. I think it wasn't intended to be since its design stages.

So read again: never meant to work effectively in the woods.

The reason could be the fact that the US Army plans to use its forces in such types of terrain (desertic/Urban) for the next ten years or so.

It does say the uniform is an all terrain (including the word "woodland" for last, after desert and urban) but it's just plain marketing statements.

That's what I believe too. I think the US Army is looking at the future and what type of wars they will be fighting. I think we'll be seeing more multi-terrain deployments, especially urban scenarios. Terrorists aren't going to fight in a traditional sense, nor are they going to fight in the woods.

I don't wear ACU to games that has a lot of green, but I wore it that day to take pics to show how ACU will compare with a lot of greenery. As one can see, it doesn't work too well - but that's what I have my CADPAT for! ;)

I like the look of that Gen2 stuff that Solo has...

What does Gen3 look like?

That's a good question. We're not sure yet that is 100% gen two, although it might well be.

Just to make sure, Ive ordered myself another set, making sure it is the one coming out right now, the latest shade of foliage green. Very curious myself.

My question is this.

The Army has ACU

The Marines have MARPAT

The Air Force have DigiTiger and

The Navy have NAVPAT

Wil this increase the number of blue on blues because the entire US armed forces have gone from having one standard uniform to having many...

What will SEALS wear because NAVPAT weill be no good for combat missions so will they wear Woodland BDUs or ACU, or MARPAT?

What do Navy Corpsemen wear when attached to SEALs or USMC?

Archived