• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My question is this.

The Army has ACU

The Marines have MARPAT

The Air Force have DigiTiger and

The Navy have NAVPAT

Wil this increase the number of blue on blues because the entire US armed forces have gone from having one standard uniform to having many...

What will SEALS wear because NAVPAT weill be no good for combat missions so will they wear Woodland BDUs or ACU, or MARPAT?

What do Navy Corpsemen wear when attached to SEALs or USMC?

I thought the whole NAVPAT thing was scrapped. I havent heard/seen anything in a long time about it.

SEALs, unlike the Army, are not complete dumbasses. When they conduct missions they will wear whatever is appropriate for their surroundings. Right now its obviously a lot of 3 color desert, and theres even a lot of special forces guys wearing Desert Tiger Stripe.

The Army made a stupid move with this ACU stuff, it looks horrible and doesnt work at all. It's a big gray blob. While its not off too much importance in the middle east right now because of the desert colors, in other countries this could get soldiers killed.

There are no Navy Corpsman attached to SEALs, rather there are corpsman within the SEALs themselves. As for corpsman with the USMC, I am not sure but I beleive they wear USMC uniforms with Navy tags.

I thought the whole NAVPAT thing was scrapped. I havent heard/seen anything in a long time about it.

There are no Navy Corpsman attached to SEALs, rather there are corpsman within the SEALs themselves. As for corpsman with the USMC, I am not sure but I beleive they wear USMC uniforms with Navy tags.

Nope NAVPAT is still undergoing trials at the moment, I will try to find images

There are Navy Corpsemen attached to the SEALs....

Nope NAVPAT is still undergoing trials at the moment, I will try to find images

There are Navy Corpsemen attached to the SEALs....

Alright I found more info on this. They do not use the name 'NAVPAT' as assumed. The new uniforms are called "NWU's" or "Navy Working Uniforms". They are testing out both a woodland camo style, and a digital camo style.

Woodland style

http://www.navy.mil/view_single.asp?id=18217

Digital style

http://www.strategypage.com/gallery/articl...s_200410230.asp

I think the urban-esque style colors look decent. I wouldnt mind wearing them.

And also, about the SEALs. Since Vietnam there are no longer Navy Corpsman beign attached to the SEALs. There are SEALs that are trained as corpsmen, that operate normally as SEALs within their teams. Think about it... would you send some corpsman dingbat who has no more combat training than what he learned in basic, out into the field with guys who have spent years in training honing their skills?

Got the new ACU issue MICH cover from SupplyCaptain and took more shots. Wont play with this for now,

only took them for collecting purposes.

Bear with me for the colors, they're close but not exactly WYSIWYG. Will get me a photo light soon.

acu14yz.jpg

acu28uz.jpg

acu33ge.jpg

acu43bv.jpg

acu59kn.jpg

Who's ever seen blue woodlands? Well, maybe in Smurfland...

Very fashionable. But here's a thought - what is the point of camouflaging the sailors when they ships they're on a visible for MILES???

At any rate, the Jordanians have already adopted a blue digital uniform. Is the US Navy copying them?

KA2-Deep-Blue-2.jpg

Jordanian Royal Navy blue camo

The point is not to camouflage sailors, but rather it's more practical. Stains/grease etc will not show up as easy as on solid uniforms. The colors picked are common colors with ships and the maritime enviorment. They will also last longer than current uniforms. Wrinkles will be less visible too, which means less/no ironing.

Archived