Navy SEAL Pictures/Discussion Pt.1

hippiehater44

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup that Mk48's looks like this one. Notice the thicker and straight front end of the barrel to accommodate the bigger rounds: http://www.fumento.com/iraq2006/DSC03019.jpg

Silentscope, those SDVT-1 pics are just perfect. It brings face to the heroes we only here in the news.

85016916-M.jpg

Unknown source. RIP to the fallen.

85016918-M.jpg

Unknown source.

85139524-M.jpg

Unknown source.

85016906-M.jpg

Navy sea-air-land (SEAL) team members, wearing desert camouflage gear, prepare to use an AN/PAQ-1 laser target designator to assist A-7 Corsair II aircraft pilots as they drop laser guided bombs. The laser projector will help to distinguish the various targets for an accurate hit/kill ratio. The SEAL team members are participants of Exercise QUICK FORCE 84-3. The team member in the foreground holds an M16A1 rifle.

85016911-M.jpg

A US Navy SEAL, from SEAL team 8, shoots an M-60 machine gun on a firing range in Kuwait as part of the Southwest Asia buildup.

Why the M249 in a seals loadout? From what i here seals usually stray away from SAWs and when they do use them they use the SEAL version of the M60.

Oh and heres my SEALS Picture (Sorry its big)

Mainly because a.) I don't have an MK43 MOD 0 yet or the M60E3. b.) The SEALS use MK46's (basically a short barrelled SAW with RIS and a hella lighter than a normal SAW) as well as the MK48 (I have given thought to attempting to mod my STAR into the MK48) too try for that look. I will probably just wait until VFC releases a MK46 or MK48 next year.

I know from quite reliable sources that at times the teams will operate with SAW and an M60. Some times even 2 7.62 machine gunners and a 5.56 gunner. Mainly when moveing in larger than average formations. So there you have it, the reason I shode to use the SAW and not an M60..it comes down to avaliablity and the fact that it is not wrong...just not as common. Also the M60's are becoming quite unrelaible. But hopefully by January I will have the VFC Mk43 MOD 0....I can't wait.

Mainly because a.) I don't have an MK43 MOD 0 yet or the M60E3. b.) The SEALS use MK46's (basically a short barrelled SAW with RIS and a hella lighter than a normal SAW) as well as the MK48 (I have given thought to attempting to mod my STAR into the MK48)  too try for that look. I will probably just wait until VFC releases a MK46 or MK48 next year.

I know from quite reliable sources that at times the teams will operate with SAW and an M60. Some times even 2 7.62 machine gunners and a 5.56 gunner. Mainly when moveing in larger than average formations. So there you have it, the reason I shode to use the SAW and not an M60..it comes down to avaliablity and the fact that it is not wrong...just not as common. Also the M60's are becoming quite unrelaible. But hopefully by January I will have the VFC Mk43 MOD 0....I can't wait.

Hey thanks for the info. Im glad to see some justification and real facts about something instead of the "Well it looks cool" response i usually get...

I imagine (not 100% sure) that many of the British SBS members are navy but then their not as good or active as the SAS - although I think there's plenty of crossover between the two as with alot of special forces worldwide

-sorry for going offtopic a bit there

99.99% of the SBS are drawn from the Royal Marines not the Navy (i.e Sailors etc) Also what total tosh about the SBS... they are equally as good as the SAS and often undertake much greater risks, ie HALO jumps into the sea then scuba diving to a location.

Sorry for the massive sway off topic but i couldnt help myself.

Perfect mk 18 silent ;)

Ohh no that's not specifically my gun. A puke like myself would never make it through SEAL training and that's the only way I'd be able to call one of those mine. That's the real deal right there. It wouldn't be a stretch to say some lives were cut short as a result of that very rifle.

55532367-M.jpg

030807-F-4884R-018

Naval Air Station Fallon, Nev. (Aug. 7, 2003) -- A Navy SEAL (Sea, Air and Land) Team member provides security from a rooftop as part of a non-combatant evacuation exercise during Desert Rescue XI at Naval Air Station (NAS) Fallon, Nev. The exercise simulates the rescue of downed aircrew behind enemy lines enabling other aircrews to perform Combat Search and Rescue (CSAR) related missions as well as experiment with new techniques in realistic scenarios. Desert Rescue XI is a joint service CSAR training exercise hosted by the Naval Strike and Warfare Center. U. S. Air Force photo by Tech. Sgt. Scott Reed. (RELEASED)

49835131-M.jpg

Unkown Source.

49835166-M.jpg

020124-N-6550T-005

Eastern Afghanistan (Jan. 26, 2002) -- A U.S. Navy SEAL member provides cover for his teammates advancing on a suspected location of al-Qaeda and Taliban forces. Navy special operations forces are conducting missions in Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. U.S. Navy photo (RELEASED)

49835173-M.jpg

020212-N-6550T-016

Eastern Afghanistan, Feb. 12, 2002- - A Navy SEAL (SEa Air Land) observes munitions being destroyed. The SEALs discovered the munitions while conducting a Sensitive Site Exploitation (SSE) mission in Eastern Afghanistan. Navy Special Operations Forces are conducting missions in Afghanistan in support Operation Enduring Freedom. U.S. Navy photo by Photographer's Mate 1st Class Tim Turner. (RELEASED)

85016889-M.jpg

020413-N-5362A-007

Camp Doha, Kuwait (Feb. 13, 2002) - U.S. Navy SEALs (SEa, Air, Land) operate Desert Patrol Vehicles (DPV) while preparing for an upcoming mission. Each ÒDune Buggy" is outfitted with complex communication and weapon systems designed for the harsh desert terrain. Special Operations units are characterized by the use of small units with unique ability to conduct military actions that are beyond the capability of conventional military forces. SEALs are superbly trained in all environments, and are the masterÕs of maritime Special Operations. SEALs are required to utilize a combination of specialized training, equipment, and tactics in completion of Special Operation missions worldwide. Navy SEALs are currently forward deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF). U.S. Navy photo by Photographer's Mate 1st Class Arlo Abrahamson. (RELEASED)

85016890-M.jpg

Same as above.

85016901-M.jpg

US Navy (USN) SEAL Team Members prepare to board a HH-60F Seahawk helicopter at an extraction point during a Non-Combatant Evacuation Operation (NEO) training exercise conducted during DESERT RESCUE XI. The exercise is the premiere Search And Rescue (SAR) training exercise involving all branches of the US Military and is conducted at the ranges at Fallon Naval Air Station (NAS), Nevada (NV).

85016902-M.jpg

US Navy (USN) SEAL Team Members armed with a 7.62mm M60E3 light machine gun and a 7.62mm M240E machine gun, disembark from a HH-60F Seahawk helicopter at an insertion point during a Non-Combatant Evacuation Operation (NEO) training exercise conducted during DESERT RESCUE XI. The exercise is the premiere Search And Rescue (SAR) training exercise involving all branches of the US Military and is conducted at the ranges at Fallon Naval Air Station (NAS), Nevada (NV).

85016905-M.jpg

US Navy (USN) SEAL Team Members disembark from a HH-60F Seahawk helicopter at an insertion point during a Non-Combatant Evacuation Operation (NEO) training exercise conducted during DESERT RESCUE XI. The exercise is the premiere Search And Rescue (SAR) training exercise involving all branches of the US Military and is conducted at the ranges at Fallon Naval Air Station (NAS), Nevada (NV).

85016907-M.jpg

A member of Sea-Air-Land (SEAL) Team 8 sights through the optical sight of his 5.56mm M-16A1 rifle while other team members check their equipment in preparation for a training exercise aboard the fleet oiler USNS JOSHUA HUMPHREYS (T-AO-188). SEAL Team 8 is providing boarding teams to assist the ships of the Maritime Interception Force in their enforcement of U.N. sanctions against Iraq during Operation Desert Storm.

85016908-M.jpg

Members of Sea-Air-Land (SEAL) Team 8 prepare to move from the flight deck of the fleet oiler USNS J0SHUA HUMPHREYS (T-AO-188) during a training exercise. SEAL Team 8 is providing boarding teams to assist the ships of the Maritime Interception Force in their enforcement of U.N. sanctions against Iraq during Operation Desert Storm.

85016909-M.jpg

Same as above.

Can some please like give me a list of Mk# things, I'm very confused.

That's like asking for everything that is designated with M# in the military :blink: Mk (Mark) is just what the Navy uses. I'll do a few weapons but dont make me get into equipment cause I have a life.

Mk11 - KAC SR25 7.62 rifle

Mk12 - Colt, etc. SPR 5.56 rifle

Mk18 - Colt/LMT 10.3" barrel CQBR

Mk22 - S&W M39 suppressed handgun "hushpuppy"

Mk23 - H&K .45ACP handgun

Mk43 - 7.62 M60E4 LMG

Mk46 - 5.56 FN M249 SAW

Mk48 - 7.62 FN LMG

Variations of these weapons are designated by Mod 0, Mod 1, Mod 2, etc.

85016910-M.jpg

A member of Sea-Air-Land (SEAL) Team 8, armed with a 9mm MP-5A5E submachine gun, gives a thumbs-up at the successful completion of a training mission aboard the USNS J0SHUA HUMPHREYS (T-AO-188). SEAL Team 8 is providing boarding teams to assist the ships of the Maritime Interception Force in their enforcement of U.N. sanctions against Iraq during Operation Desert Storm.

85016912-M.jpg

A US Navy SEAL (Squatting), from SEAL Team 8, uses the scope on his Colt 5.56mm M-4 Carbine rifle, with M203 Grenade Luncher attached, to help other SEALS sight in their weapons on a firing range in Kuwait as part of the Southwest Asia buildup.

85016913-M.jpg

US Navy SEALS, from SEAL Team 8, shoot Colt 5.56mm M-4 Carbine rifles on a firing range in Kuwait as part of the Southwest Asia buildup. The M-4 in the foreground has a M203 Grenade Launcher attached.

85016914-M.jpg

Two US Navy SEALs load M-60 machine guns at a firing range in Kuwait as part of the Southwest Asia buildup.

85016915-M.jpg

US Navy SEALs shoot and sight in their Colt 5.56mm M-4 Carbine rifles on a firing range in Kuwait as part of the Southwest Asia buildup.

That's like asking for everything that is designated with M# in the military :blink: Mk (Mark) is just what the Navy uses. I'll do a few weapons but dont make me get into equipment cause I have a life. 

Mk11 - KAC SR25 7.62 rifle

Mk12 - Colt, etc. SPR 5.56 rifle

Mk18 - Colt/LMT 10.3" barrel CQBR

Mk22 - S&W M39 suppressed handgun "hushpuppy"

Mk23 - H&K .45ACP handgun

Mk43 - 7.62 M60E4 LMG

Mk46 - 5.56 FN M249 SAW

Mk48 - 7.62 FN LMG

Variations of these weapons are designated by Mod 0, Mod 1, Mod 2, etc.

Thanks!

Hehe, I have the video that's pulled from. It was a 60 Minutes episode called 'Hidden Battles', and followed a SEAL Team in A'Stan when they captured (ok, shot and killed) Rosie Khan.

More info HERE. The video on there isn't bad, but the full report was about 9 mins long.

Oh, and the reporter is HOT.

I found the vid that gose with it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_DktUi0Myg. Any one have any other good vids?

Thanks guys. I got more!

49835092-M.jpg

030524-N-4441P-089

Central Command Area of Responsibility (May 24, 2003) -- SEAL (Sea, Air and Land) Team members board Joint Venture, High Speed Vessel Experimental One (HSV X1) for a Visit, Board, Search, and Seizure (VBSS) training evolution by fast roping from an HH-60H Sea Hawk helicopter assigned to the ÒIndiansÓ of Helicopter Anti-Submarine Squadron Six (HS-6). SEAL Team members conduct various training evolutions with Joint Venture and are both deployed to the Central Command Area of Responsibility in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Operation Iraqi Freedom is the multi-national coalition effort to liberate the Iraqi people, eliminate Iraq's weapons of mass destruction, and end the regime of Saddam Hussein. U.S. Navy photo by Photographer's Mate 2nd Class Michael J. Pusnik, Jr. (RELEASED)

49835106-M.jpg

030524-N-4441P-091

Central Command Area of Operation (May 24, 2003) -- Sea Air Land (SEAL) team members embark from a SH-60H Sea Hawk helicopter onto Joint Venture, High Speed Vessel Experimental One (HSV X1), during a Vessel Boarding Search and Seizure (VBSS) training evolution in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Operation Iraqi Freedom is the multi-national coalition effort to liberate the Iraqi people, eliminate Iraq's weapons of mass destruction, and end the regime of Saddam Hussein. U.S. Navy photo by Photographer's Mate 2nd Class Michael J. Pusnik, Jr. (RELEASED)

49835057-M.jpg

USS MOUNT WHITNEY (LCC/JCC 20) - SEALS from the U.S. Naval Special Warfare Command board the ship by fast roping here Jan. 17. These and other SEAL teams are deployed worldwide in support of ongoing operations. (USN photo by Petty Officer 2nd Class George R. Kusner).

49835063-M.jpg

031023-N-3953L-130

Stennis, Miss. (Oct. 23, 2003) - Members of Special Boat Team Two Two (SBT-22) practice narrow river beach extractions under hostile fire conditions. SBT-22Õs primary mission is to conduct special operations in riverine environments. Special Warfare Combatant-craft Crewmen (SWCC) operate and maintain the state-of-the-art, high-performance boats and ships used to support Navy SEALs (Sea, Land & Air) and special operations missions. Focusing on clandestine infiltration and extraction of SEALs and other special operations forces, SWCC provide dedicated, rapid mobility in shallow water areas as well as open water environments. U.S. Navy photo by PhotographerÕs Mate 2nd Class Eric S. Logsdon. (RELEASED)

49835071-M.jpg

031023-N-3953L-172

Stennis, Miss. (Oct. 23, 2003) - Members of Special Boat Team Two Two (SBT-22) practice narrow river beach extractions under hostile fire conditions. SBT-22Õs primary mission is to conduct special operations in riverine environments. Special Warfare Combatant-craft Crewmen (SWCC) operate and maintain the state-of-the-art, high-performance boats and ships used to support Navy SEALs (Sea, Land & Air) and special operations missions. Focusing on clandestine infiltration and extraction of SEALs and other special operations forces, SWCC provide dedicated, rapid mobility in shallow water areas as well as open water environments. U.S. Navy photo by PhotographerÕs Mate 2nd Class Eric S. Logsdon. (RELEASED)

I'll need to upload more pics from my PC to the server tonight. I got many CQBR pics in there. I also have more soldier pics, but I can't verify if they are SEALs.

49835079-M.jpg

U.S. Navy SEALs perform a demonstration of seizing a beach during a weekend show at this years annual Navy SEAL reunion in Virgina Beach, Va., on July 17, 2004. (U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Amber K. Whittington) (Released)

49835089-M.jpg

040717-F-6340W-404

Virginia Beach, Va. (July 17, 2004) - U.S. Navy SEALs (Sea, Air, Land) seize a beach during a weekend demonstration show at this years annual Navy SEAL reunion in Virginia Beach, Va. U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Amber K. Whittington (RELEASED)

85016891-M.jpg

020602-O-0000X-001

Fallon, Nev. (Jun. 2, 2003) -- A SEAL (Sea, Air, and Land) team member participates in an exercise during Forward Air Controller (FAC) School in Fallon, Nev. SEALS used these skills identifying potential targets for Special Operations Forces and warning coalition ground forces of nearby enemy activity during Operation Iraqi Freedom. U.S. Navy photo. (RELEASED)

85016892-M.jpg

041213-N-5376G-061

Pacific Ocean (Dec. 13 2004) Ð U.S. Navy Seals speed past the port side of the guided missile cruiser USS Shiloh (CG 67) in a Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat (RHIB), while conducting small boat operations. Shiloh is currently deployed to the Western Pacific Ocean with the USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) Carrier Strike Group. U.S. Navy photo by PhotographerÕs Mate 3rd Class Benjamin Glass (RELEASED)

49835154-M.jpg

020124-N-6550T-003

Eastern Afghanistan (Jan. 26, 2002) -- U.S. Navy SEALs conduct special reconnaissance on a suspected location of al-Qaeda and Taliban forces. Navy special operations forces are conducting missions in Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. U.S. Navy photo (RELEASED)

Archived