Navy SEAL Pictures/Discussion Pt.1

hippiehater44

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, DNA stuff is awesome...unfortunately I accidentally drank the coke...I got thirsty. Sigh.

Anyway, here's my Eagle gear. I'm guessing they're all eagle. I've sold about 8 of the pouches already. There's just too much pouch I do not need. I'm not into collecting the issue MLCS kit.

244217869-L.jpg

Correction...i meant sold 10 pouches.

Yeah, DNA stuff is awesome...unfortunately I accidentally drank the coke...I got thirsty. Sigh.

Anyway, here's my Eagle gear. I'm guessing they're all eagle. I've sold about 8 of the pouches already. There's just too much pouch I do not need. I'm not into collecting the issue MLCS kit.

244217869-L.jpg

Correction...i meant sold 10 pouches.

WOW....black buckle goodness :o

DAMMNIT SCOOOB!!! YOU DRANK THE COKE!!!

;) Nice pouches bro.

Back to SEAL Stuff:

What brand is that SAW pouch with the yoke (that ideally needs to be cut off for that authentic look) you guys keep posting? PM me if you have an OD one you are willing to let go...

Thanks! The saw pouches are Eagle. I can't get myself to cut them, too painful. Man, the coke thing...I already had 5 messages about it. I posted my replies in the listing. Glad someone got a kick out of it. Actually, when I got home, I was looking at my ebay listing. I was like "oh damn, i think i drank the coke before leaving the office. Anway, I'll check today when i go to work if indeed i drank it. :D

Absolutely, what happens is that Tan/OD/Grays show up as a very light shade of green in the optic, whereas black shows up as a SOLID black. It's the absence of light in that image that makes it stick out, it's like a black spot in a snow field. Plastics are really bad, black nylon not so much. But I tried it the first night, looking at an old eagle gear bag of mine that had black zippers and black buckles, and it's glaring.

The MLCS kit, from the guys I know who are issued it, now comes with tan buckles for this reason, or if it does come with black they krylon them ASAP.

Absolutely, what happens is that Tan/OD/Grays show up as a very light shade of green in the optic, whereas black shows up as a SOLID black. It's the absence of light in that image that makes it stick out, it's like a black spot in a snow field. Plastics are really bad, black nylon not so much. But I tried it the first night, looking at an old eagle gear bag of mine that had black zippers and black buckles, and it's glaring.

The MLCS kit, from the guys I know who are issued it, now comes with tan buckles for this reason, or if it does come with black they krylon them ASAP.

I see...guess you learn something new everyday!

I do recall that object that reflected ambient light did have a higher contrast with other objects, but black plastic was something I definitely never noticed...I'm positive we used FASTEX buckles, and I'm sure tons of black plastic (we did have much much older equipment as well which I'm sure isn't as good as what folks use now).

Thanks!

244532506-O.jpg

Here's a funny looking backpack. It's made by Eagle. Note the gay black zipper.

244532517-O.jpg

Notice this elastic band. It's not supposed to be up there.

244532529-O.jpg

This isn't supposed to be up there either! That's where the zipper's supposed to be!

244532539-O.jpg

Don't panic now. Look at the directions of the zippers. Opposite! Amazing!

244532575-O.jpg

Here's what I'm trying to show. The Allied MAP and the old style Eagle MAP are not made equal.

I apologize I do not have the current Eagle MAP to compare the old Eagle MAP with, but you get some

idea based on the AI MAP.

244532560-O.jpg

The rear view. Notice the 5 stripes on the AI. Notice the grommet holes. Replicas by Toy Soldier and Olka do not have these.

244532553-O.jpg

A close up of the stripes.

Speaking of replica MAP's, keep a close eye on the zipper pull tabs and the color of the fabric. The OD AI MAP is in fact green. Not Olive Drab.

Anyway, about this rare black zippered Eagle MAP...all I can say is niiiiiice :D

That's a lot of "Mk's" keyser. That vfc Mk16 I need to see one day.

I gotta post my pics today, sorry guys about the bombardment. It was truly a great experience hunting these gear, and I'm just so excited to share the hard work. I gotta get to bed early tonight. I'm back to school starting tomorrow! Damn what a bummer.

244566428-O.jpg

244566472-O.jpg

Faded "S/M" markings above pic.

244566421-O.jpg

244566477-O.jpg

The MBSS rainbow :D

Archived