Navy SEAL Pictures/Discussion Pt.1

hippiehater44

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lt.Kurt, that question's fine man. The MAP's sewn unto a slim "spine plate carrier". A spine plate is a narrow body armor just enough to cover the spine area. In Eagle, Pantac, AI MAPs, you will see there is a very tight pouch with velcro closure in the rear of the MAPs. That's where you stash the spine plate. I haven't seen this spine plate in person, but that's what I heard.

Here's a DEVGRU guy with a light tan mbss devgru style.

244575617-O.jpg

Good looking rifles keyser. How long before you load up the Mk18 with accessories, or do you swap around with the SCAR? Can't lie, I like a plain look but I need at least a forward grip and aimpoint or it looks too bare.

for now I move around the accessories. hopefully next month I can add a 553 to the mix.

picture4hx7.gif hahaha was this one of you guys?

I did see an RRS-V that's a bit overpriced. You know guys, if the seller wants to set a high price, it's clearly not our business. The seller just wants to conduct business, and they have no time to compare buckles, what's issued, what's rare, how much they go for on ebay, etc. Just be nice to the seller and let the auction run. If no one buys, he can do the thinking himself. Simple as that. Sometimes sellers set price too low and you feel bad for them, but is there anyone here who stepped up and told the seller "hey buddy, that admin pouch you are selling is worth $400 to some guy who had been looking for it for over a year now, please remove your buy it now price of $35."

Lt.Kurt, that question's fine man. The MAP's sewn unto a slim "spine plate carrier". A spine plate is a narrow body armor just enough to cover the spine area. In Eagle, Pantac, AI MAPs, you will see there is a very tight pouch with velcro closure in the rear of the MAPs. That's where you stash the spine plate. I haven't seen this spine plate in person, but that's what I heard.

Thats actually pretty cool. I just thought it was where you stored the shoulder straps.

Thanks scoob

For the Pantac, yup, that's where you store the straps. In Eagle and AI, they don't have straps.

244766991-O.jpg

Here's some canteen pouch stuff. All eagle. The middle one's an older version. (black buckle warning, hit back Alt-F4 if you don't want to see this)

244766974-O.jpg

The middle one doesn't have that square stuff for the buckle, and the netting is tan/yellow.

244766975-O.jpg

Same MBITR's. On the right, the upper strap attached the buckle have 2 rows of bartacking instead of 1.

Seriously, where do you buy all this stuff? It goes for way too much on ebay for a sane man (although you may be insane) to buy and I've seen you selling some of it (which wouldn't make sense as you'd never turn a profit if you'd bought it from ebay in the first place).

That Eagle PC is indeed weird. The cordura/invista material is like 500D instead of 1000D. I mean the grain is much finer / more tiny, thus more flexibility, less stiff. The color's somewhat between Khaki and Coyote Brown.

The shoulder straps do have Velcro instead of buckles. There are no D-Rings on the shoulders, instead they got Velcro comms/hydration hose loops.

About the gear hehe, I don't have a lot of gear. The funds just recycle. To get to the big ticket items, you need to start with the cheap items. For example, you buy a $20 pouch. Someone needs the pouch, and he is willing to pay something like $40. There, you made profit. Next, find an item worth $80, but you spend only $40. Get the drift?

Here's another example. You bought a $175 vest that you do not need, and someone who needs it bought it from you for $550.

So now you have $550. The next item you buy might not profit, or it could. At this point you should be happy with what you bought, and there's no need to buy.

So how do you make a $175 vest turn into a $550 vest? Some people put a short description like "Scooberoo sold me this vest, he said it came from a Navy SEAL. He says he does not know what it is." Sometimes you can use "Medic23 used this in the Transformers movie."

Obviously scooberoo has set up some sort of eBay paradox, where he buys something rare, keeps it for a while, then ends up selling it back to himself in the past. No net gain. :o

Well, my friend, I gained a plus 1 on my Ebay feedback. Thus, there is gain. I helped create work for the postal office and the money transfer service, thus helping the economy, thus helping me stay on my job, hehehe. :D

MORE PICS:

244827160-O.jpg

244827164-O.jpg

The guy who sold me told me this was a Navy Style Eagle PC.

Archived