Navy SEAL Pictures/Discussion Pt.1

hippiehater44

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pardon my ignorance, but how can you tell that guy is EOD and not from the Teams?

The only time I ever saw the EOD guys, they were wearing protecs, and od flight suits, or the old fashioned "Working Greens" (in offices or working in their compound on base).

You can't really tell, you just know or find out: http://www.navy.mil/view_single.asp?id=24289

Navy EOD are qualified for special operations and are deployed into combat zones, I don't think protecs would cut it in the field.

the SOF world of gear is a very very very large place...EOD and SEALs generally can be told apart if you look at the pouches...look for big GP or med pouches for the EOD guys, they carry their tools, that or look for SOF personnel working on explosives...

I find out by finding out where teams are in the sandbox and other places...For example a large amount of EOD just went down to South America, pics were everywhere on MPnet. Its also just looking at them, and knowing...it jsut clicks, but hey im a 17 year old wannabe...dont take me for Gospel.

Any type of Special Operations pretty much gets free reign of the equipment world. They all have their individual preferences. Each person has their own preferences.

Thanks for the reinforcement, as if we didn't get it within the first sentance. Got anything useful to add to the conversation?

Thanks for the reinforcement, as if we didn't get it within the first sentance.  Got anything useful to add to the conversation?

that post Nodbugger posted was very redundant...and actually, not all SOF groups get free reign, look at the Rangers, they have restrictions as do Force Recon, light as they may be though....

that post Nodbugger posted was very redundant...and actually, not all SOF groups get free reign, look at the Rangers, they have restrictions as do Force Recon, light as they may be though....

Only the 75th Regiment is considered 'Special', but they do not have the same mission as Special Forces do. They Rangers main purpose is still infantry. They are just a much more elite infantry. Believe it or not the main role of Special Forces is not combat.

As for Force Recon, I don't know much about them other than that are Marines and Marines have different traditions than the other services. One of them being all Marines are a rifleman first and can be stuck with the infantry at any point the Marines see fit. They also don't wear any distinctive patches, except for marksmanship and qualification badges, to set them apart from other Marines who are in different jobs. Looking at a Marines uniform you should not be able to tell what their job is.

Only the 75th Regiment is considered 'Special', but they do not have the same mission as Special Forces do. They Rangers main purpose is still infantry. They are just a much more elite infantry. Believe it or not the main role of Special Forces is not combat.

As for Force Recon, I don't know much about them other than that are Marines and Marines have different traditions than the other services. One of them being all Marines are a rifleman first and can be stuck with the infantry at any point the Marines see fit. They also don't wear any distinctive patches, except for marksmanship and qualification badges, to set them apart from other Marines who are in different jobs. Looking at a Marines uniform you should not be able to tell what their job is.

Trust me on this, I am completely and utterly aware of everything you said, including things you did not mention. :) I get around here and there (whether the people like me or not depends on the site of course...) If you want some info on SF guys, I can get you some websites and contacts to learn a thing or 2. :) luckily for you, I wont neg rep you for speaking out your *albatross*, Ive dont that many a times and I know what it feels like...just dont take your word as spoken fact.

Trust me on this, I am completely and utterly aware of everything you said, including things you did not mention.  :) I get around here and there (whether the people like me or not depends on the site of course...)  If you want some info on SF guys, I can get you some websites and contacts to learn a thing or 2. :)  luckily for you, I wont neg rep you for speaking out your *albatross*, Ive dont that many a times and I know what it feels like...just dont take your word as spoken fact.

I don't need websites. I have personally talked to Special Forces, Rangers. Airborne. CCT, PJ's, EOD etc.

I don't need websites. I have personally talked to Special Forces, Rangers. Airborne. CCT, PJ's, EOD etc.

alright then, but seeing some of your posts, Id calm it down on the posting...trust me, I know whats going to happen if you keep this up because Ive talked with those people too...doesnt mean I know a thing...

wow, your latest PM was rather pathetic...do you contact anyone that gives you evidence to tell you YOU ARE WRONG? I shoot my weapons frequently these days, just went to the range yesterday...and then came back to your beligirant posts, man up, admit your wrong and wise up. Your getting to be worse than commando boy.

Archived